[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for January 19th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Build 1

On 1/19/2024 at 12:07 PM, The Curator said:

New Psionic Mastery Epic pool for Scrappers and Stalkers:

• Mental Blast (Ranged, DMG(Psionic), Target -Recharge)
  • Psionic Lance (Sniper, DMG(Psionic), Target -Recharge)
  • Psychic Scream (Ranged (Cone), DMG(Psionic), Foe -Recharge)
  • Harmonic Mind (Auto: Self, +Recovery, Endurance Discount)
  • Psionic Nexus (Summon Psionic Nexus: Ranged DMG(Psionic))

HUH? Is this the same as Penny Yin's? It's kind of strange it's only available to two AT's APP.

Regardless, I'm happy with a lot of changes. I can't wait to try it out. Also, please buff Broadsword.

Edited by Greentea
Emphasis
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

1 hour ago, Thraxen said:

How does a scrapper have an ice snipe but blasters do not???

Why would Blaster Ice Blast (or any port of the powerset to other ranged ATs) have a snipe? There's two holds in Ice Blast - it's not meant to be like every other ranged powerset. Additionally, every other Scrapper Epic has a variation of a ranged attack or a snipe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

8 minutes ago, Thraxen said:

Why?  Not at computer now,  but the super long animation I think bitter ice blast? I like the hold powers. Or replace ice storm. 

If you want to advocate for Bitter Ice Blast to get a range increase I'm ok with that but to replace the 2nd hold for a Snipe. No Thanks. To take away the AOE that Ice Storm gives in favor of a single target snipe. No Thanks. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1

Traps (Mastermind) - Detonator

• Recharge lowered to 300s from 600s, endurance cost also lowered to 16.3
  • Removed delay from humanoid henchman bomb placement/detonation, all pets now explode when you click!
  • All Henchman now place the pseudo-pet version of the bomb, hitting all targets for max damage regardless of if they are a minion or boss

Why?

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't sound terrible.

Edited by the_osprey
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Thraxen said:

I just think it’s weird scrappers get better ranged powers than blasters. And I mostly scrap. Just an observation. Don’t really care that much. 

Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from, especially if you're not overly familiar with the powerset.  It may sound weird but, Ice Blast doesn't really need a snipe.   In fact, I can't think of any power I would want to give up for a snipe. 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This has also been happening with the Blueside Smugglers ships to and from Striga.

Doors

• Helicopter mission door NPCs have been fixed and should no longer cause long delays before the player starts entering the helicopter.
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StarseedWarrior said:

Did you all already add an epic pool to sentinels recently?

I don't think one was added recently but Sentinels were the only AT with six epic pools. After the patch it looks like everyone will have six except Dominators and Masterminds.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Tatterhood said:

I don't think one was added recently but Sentinels were the only AT with six epic pools. After the patch it looks like everyone will have six except Dominators and Masterminds.

Ahhh I see now it makes sense thanks for clearing that up.

2 hours ago, Thraxen said:

I just think it’s weird scrappers get better ranged powers than blasters. And I mostly scrap. Just an observation. Don’t really care that much. 

Ice Blast already does top tier single target damage in addition to all its mitigation. Giving it a snipe would be overpowered.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ViridianDev said:

These powers were intentionally omitted from the Bane Mace alt animation by design, as the Bane Mace does not fire bullets or physical ordnance; it's an energy weapon with some support grenades.

I definitely get the motivation thematically, but I still want it :)

Though, even so, it's not as significant given the previous changes to only execute redraw once, IIRC.

17 minutes ago, arcane said:

Ice Blast already does top tier single target damage in addition to all its mitigation. Giving it a snipe would be overpowered.

It only does top tier when proc’d out. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ridiculous Girl said:

oh man i hope that means that the female shield tank does not sound like a dying giraffe when they taunt. that taunt SFX has lead me to abandoning several female shield alts. 😕

I'm afraid my female mace/shield brute still sounds like a dying giraffe

• Haha 2
  • Banjo 1

3 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

Anyone found the Roman Sybil parts? It say Upper Body, but so far I have not seen it.

First choice, in group with Tight, Tops with Skin, Shirts, Baggy, etc...

Upper Body->Sybil Tight and Upperbody->Sybil with Skin

7 minutes ago, lemming said:

First choice, in group with Tight, Tops with Skin, Shirts, Baggy, etc...

Upper Body->Sybil Tight and Upperbody->Sybil with Skin

I found it. I had to hit the clear button to get it to show up. Though I can't tell the difference between 1 and 2.

Edited by Marshal_General

exploding-head-joypixels.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=76a94fe64034202976da138087f63fde53a564ec95bb9cfee9c570936c1eba51&ipo=images A M A Z I N G ! So much crammed in to this page!

we get to play as.. oh my gosh, oh my gosh.. image.png.e71dbfa96a3031ec7fe5d8f2b4a40bb6.png

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 1/19/2024 at 12:07 PM, The Curator said:

Legacy Spines > Barb Swipe and Claws > Swipe flail animations added as alternative animations for Spines > Ripper and Claws > Eviscerate.

Wow. Pretty sure I've been asking for this since live. Would still lose a little DPS (I think) adding it back into BZB scrapper's chain, but it might benefit BZB brute and tank. Especially the tank.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

I found it. I had to hit the clear button to get it to show up. Though I can't tell the difference between 1 and 2.

If you mean the Sybil 1 and Sybil 2 chest pieces, I was also confused at first but they it's just that both are completely covered by the opaque version of the sybil costume. If you switch to the seethrough one (Roman Sybil 2) you can see the difference.

Edited by Tatterhood