"Goto" anchoring

I'd love to have pets actually stay at (or as close as they can) the site they're told to be when using "Goto". IMO. "Goto" should be the same as saying "stay in this spot and do not move from it for any reason".

This would solve a lot of issues with Masterminds who have pets that run out of ranged cooldowns and decide to go use their pitiful Brawl and then end up outside of the Mastermind's buff radius. It'd also prevent "chasing" by pets - if their target gets out of range, then the pet just picks a different target.

It might not be possible, but it'd be very nice. :)

+1

The current penchant for pets to go dashing off in pursuit of a runner - or just because they have the attention span of ADHD squirrels - is seriously annoying, and I don't recall it being such a huge problem back before Sunset.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

+1

The current penchant for pets to go dashing off in pursuit of a runner - or just because they have the attention span of ADHD squirrels - is seriously annoying, and I don't recall it being such a huge problem back before Sunset.

I'm out.

+1

It was just as bad before sunset.

But yes, this would be nice. If nothing else, this should absolutely happen with the "Stay" command, if not Goto.

+1

It was just as bad before sunset.

But yes, this would be nice. If nothing else, this should absolutely happen with the "Stay" command, if not Goto.

There’s no difference to the pets; Stay is just a Go To command with their current position as the destination.

You are the mastermind.  Be the mastermind.  You really do have to think for your pets, and if they start doing something you don't like --such as chasing off after a runner, then you as the mastermind have to reign them in.

but what part of my job description as a Mastermind does it say I should spend most of my time shaking my fists in the air with rage, bellowing that I am surrounded by sheer INCOMPETENCE?

Article B, sub-paragraph 2 you say?

Hmmmm.... shaking fists with rage... surrounded with sheer incompetence... yes, I suppose it's all in there. Never mind.

but what part of my job description as a Mastermind does it say I should spend most of my time shaking my fists in the air with rage, bellowing that I am surrounded by sheer INCOMPETENCE?

Hmmmm.... shaking fists with rage... surrounded with sheer incompetence... yes, I suppose it's all in there. Never mind.

You're a villain Mastermind (at least that's how the AT was designed originally). I think that having incompetent henchmen should be part of the description.

Besides, how competent DO you expect your zombies to be? Maybe they realize that they're terminally incompetent, and are rushing off in pursuit of brains to eat so they can become smarter. That probably makes sense when your brains are rotted by death or video games :D

Heh, I remember the discussions about which pets were more well behaved in this manner. :p  Also, I think this setting resets if you're too far away.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I actually use the facepalm and frustrated emotes in my macros.

Other good ones: ThreatHand, Slap/Slapreact, Noooo, etc.

Indomitable Heroes: Catgoyle, Toxia, Roberta XR-523, Guardian Clara, Street Cleaner, Princess Cuppycakes

Indomitable Villains: Fluffums, Freeloadin' Freddy, Beatrix the Bunneh, Cheese Thief

I actually use the facepalm and frustrated emotes in my macros.

Other good ones: ThreatHand, Slap/Slapreact, Noooo, etc.

I need to rebuild the stacked emote sequence I had for my Bots/Dark MM, whose background was being a "failed" Soviet military project (was not intended to become sentient) that had an exchange among the bots (all dialog in Russian):

Assault Bot: <taunt emote>"Your maternal parent wears the footgear of a soldier!"

Battle Drone: <slapreact emote>"What?"

Battle Drone: "That's supposed to be an insult?

Protector Bot <research emote>"That's what the phrasebook says."

Battle Drone: “Implying that a parent is a skilled soldier is derogatory?"

Protector Bot: <shrug emote>"I do _not_ understand humans."