If you wanted new powers what would it be?

New powers I would like to see:

Storm Armor and Storm Melee for melee ATs...  and with the addition of storm melee attacks, also Storm Manipulation and Storm Assault secondaries for Blasters and Dominators.

Also Wind Control for Controllers/Dominators.

And in a surprising non-weather-themed twist:  Phantasms as an MM primary set.  They would be like Illusion Control pets, but more diverse and controllable... but less indestructible that Phantom Army, obviously.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cranebump said:

A whip set where with a “swap ammo” effect, allowing me to switch between damage types.

A swingline travel power.

Interesting that both are in your pitch.  I've long thought that a swinging power (Yeah, baby! ...um, sorry) might be to have a tech whip or cable per hand, with a small cylinder housing (storywise) an anti-grav unit at the far end. Whip out, and when it reaches full extension, the anti-grav temporarily locks it in place, allowing for swinging, with a yank at the other end to signal it to release.  So basically, you could "spider" across Talos bay even though there's nothing to grapple on to.

As to my thought for a power, I've wondered if elasticity could be brought to the game.  Nothing crazy out there, but possibly something using current powers with new animations.  For example, a current beam blast could be redrawn as a long elastic punch, and a cyclonic power could be redrawn as a full-body elastic wind-up with a fast unwind while stretched, spinning arms are hitting opponents for knock-DOWN and damage.  With the size of the volunteer dev team before the NC Soft nod of approval, such animation would not have been possible, but maybe if the team grows now?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Go0gleplex said:

Clowns! Gotta have Clowns!  Elemental Spirits (non-daemonic), Bugs, and humanoid golems.  😄 

If they did an Air master - Powers: Vacuum, Wind blades/lance, Implosion, and Air Hammer/Ball are musts IMO.

Many would love Clowns, but a significant portion of the fan base would hate that and those people matter too. I don't think it's ever going to happen and that's ok in my book.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

If we were going to get a new power set I'd like something like a sword and rifle - a "dragoon" set maybe. Start at range and close the distance to finish.

Edited by Scarlet Shocker

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

19 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

If I could have any superpower, I would probably choose China.

LOL.  You're gonna regret not taking India. 🙂

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Well they are already filling the "thematic gaps" for the different AT Epic pool powers, so continue on with that! 😁

In general - if there are any more opportunities to proliferate powers to different ATs, that would be great.

Gadgetry and Utility Belt Power Pools, to finish off the origin sets.

Travel Pool Power - Grapnel:

* Parkour (+run and jump toggle, can jump off of surfaces, +DEF)

* Swing Kick: swing or zip into a foe, doing damage + knockdown

* Swingline (physics-based - operates like a reverse/upside-down-jump - hold down shift while swinging and let go at a point in the arc. press again to fire off another line)

- Zip Line - gives a burst of speed forward or straight up

* Entangle: Single-Target Immobilize or hold. Swing Kick gets some benefit from entangled foe (+Dam?)

* Deft Maneuvers: toggle, Self +Speed, Res(-Spd, Immob, +control while you swing/fall), +Def(All), less Def if you attack.

Wind/Air/Storm Control and Water Control for Controllers/Doms - just to finish off those elemental control types.

What about Heroic Patron Power Pools? If not from the Freedom Phalanx but from some of the good organizations like Vanguard, PPD, Longbow, Legacy Chain. A few organization-appropriate powers based on AT and a summon for one of their soldiers.

Edited by OmegaOne

How about an Assault set that uses conventional melee and ranged weapons (less gadget-y than the upcoming Arsenal Assault)? But we can select the skin of the weapons from the already-existing models (swords/axes/hammers for melee, bows/guns for the ranged).

I'm desperate for a blaster set as damaging and fun as fire blast feels to me. Maybe an air, gravity or magnetic blast, with knock up and knock down; a returning weapon (as Thor's hammer returns to him); a nuke that condenses a group into a tight bunch until all the life is squeezed out of them or they start crumpling together like crunched aluminum cans, depending on their physical makeup. Yeah, that sounds cool.

Would like to see a Special Unlockable Power when you reach 50.

A Storyline Mission that unlocks that Special Power at 50, which enables you to choose from three to four different "Ultimates" from each Primary Powerset. (Can only pick one of them though)

3 hours ago, KITANYA said:

Would like to see a Special Unlockable Power when you reach 50.

A Storyline Mission that unlocks that Special Power at 50, which enables you to choose from three to four different "Ultimates" from each Primary Powerset. (Can only pick one of them though)

I mean, that's the basic description of incarnate powers... except there's more to choose from and as you progress, you get access to other incarnate powers. 

I joked about a clowns MM powerset in the beta testing patch notes thread, and although mastermind is not an AT I'm especially concerned with personally, I think a little more diversity would be nice as Masterminds have never gotten a new primary powerset while every other AT has gotten plenty.  So here's what I'm thinking:

Mobsters

This would be like Mooks or Family members, basically mercs in suits as they would have machine guns.  Maybe vary up their powers a little bit... I don't expect them to be throwing grenades or parachuting in when summoned.  The MM would also get gun attacks, but I don't know... this set is more for thematic difference than creating a new powerset.

Phantasms

Basically illusion pets for masterminds.  The tier 1 power can look like Phantom Army (generic or mirror of the player), but they aren't invincible.  2nd tier would be a pair of ghosts (maybe a pirate, maybe a civilian like those in Croatoa... maybe it can be random.  Third tier pet can look like a scary monster ghost like the CoT spirits.  None of these are actual ghosts, though, just illusions, so the pets should deal damage similar to damage types under Illusion Control rather than negative energy, which is already covered with Necromancy.  MM's attacks would be similar.

Criminals

I'm thinking basically escapees from the Zig in their orange prison uniforms.  First tier pets could basic thugs with basic attacks, while second tier could have some minor powers, and the third tier pet could be a random boss type with a few powers of their own.  I'm torn on the MM's attacks... I was thinking energy blast attacks, but I'm sure something else could also work.

That's just a few ideas... I'm sure we could come up with more that would work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

On 1/27/2024 at 6:18 PM, Gobbledigook said:

Shapeshifting.

Turning into a Bear like Beorn could be fun. Could make a good Druid type also.

Could become a new Epic AT. Shapeshift into a form to fill required role.

Well Hero Epic AT are pretty much that (Kheldians) , just no bears but shapeshifting is there (Flying Squid and big 2 legged Crab) to fill different roles.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

More Armor Sets that allow more themes!

Temporal Armor

Psychic Armor

Sonic Armor

are just three I've made suggestions on.  I love melee tho, so that's where I'd like even more option 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 4:08 PM, Jiro Ito said:

I have used the Sorcery pool a couple of times, only to end up feeling like I should be focusing on my primary and secondary abilities as they are more effective for that toon's primary role, and ended up dropping it.  However, I really like the theme and animations.  Taking a shot at a Mystic Arts defender primary and corrupter/controller/mastermind secondary.

Mystic Arts

PainDomination AnguishingCry.png Nectanebo's Curse: Ranged, Foe -defense, -speed, -recharge

SorceryPool ArcaneBolt.png Arcane Blast: Ranged, Minor Negative Energy Damage, Foe Knockback.  Cursed enemies take additional negative energy damage.

TimeManipulation TemporalMending.png Li Tieh Kuai's Blessing: Ranged, Ally, Moderate Heal, +Res(Negative Energy Damage, Disorient, Sleep, Fear, Confusion)

TimeManipulation TimeStop.png Crowley's Hex:  Foe Hold.  Turns held enemies into random objects, a la Gravity's Propel or /emote alakazamreact.  If only there were a newt model in the game already.  Cursed enemies suffer additional 1 mag hold and suffer additional -speed, -recharge.

File:SorceryPool SpiritWard.png Arcane Ward: Ally, +absorb, +recovery

SorceryPool Enflame.png Enflame: Toggle, Ranged Friend/Foe, target will leave a fiery trail behind them that will damage enemies.  Unlike pool power, this does not deactivate until Sorcerer deactivates it or runs out of endurance.  Cursed enemies take additional damage.

TrickArrow DebuffDamage.png Rune of Weakness:  Ranged Location AOE, Foe -resist, -damage.  Cursed enemies are stunned.

TimeManipulation TimesJuncture.png Crowley's Incantation: Ranged, Foe -regen, -recovery.  Cursed enemies take negative energy damage over time.

SorceryPool RuneofProtection.png Runes of Protection: PBAoE, Team +resist all damage, hold, sleep, immob, knockdown, disorient.

Enemies who are affected by Nectanebo's Curse are Cursed, and feel additional magical effects.

Also Blood of the Black Stream shapeshifting EAT.

Edited by Jiro Ito
Renamed Witch's Hex to Crowley's Hex for consistency
  • Like 3

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

Not really 'new' powers so much as new animation variants, but you can get a nice metallic look on bio armor (pic related). It'd be neat if the earth/rock powersets had metal reskins to pair with it.

Metalhead5.png.37d522d8e79ca764ee9635273fae61f6.png

A classic fantasy magic themed control set (think Harry Potter and LotR wands and wizardry). You could have a variety of magic wand and staff abilities.

Unique effects could be shrinking enemies so they are tiny, transforming them into toads, tossing them into the air, etc...

Edited by Neogumbercules

3 hours ago, Neogumbercules said:

A classic fantasy magic themed control set (think Harry Potter and LotR wands and wizardry). You could have a variety of magic wand and staff abilities.

Unique effects could be shrinking enemies so they are tiny, transforming them into toads, tossing them into the air, etc...

I'm thinking a pair of magic wand sets... one support, one blast.  Support set would have no real theme for secondary effects but rather dip into a little of what all the others can do, while the blast set would be a basic energy blast set but have a power like Dual Pistols' Swap Ammo... so your basic attacks do energy damage but with effects that look like Arcane Bolt.  The Swap Ammo equivalent power could be something like Spell Mastery and open up three additional toggles that changes your attacks to Burning damage, Psi damage, or Negative damage along with other secondary effects for each power depending on which toggle is active.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/29/2024 at 9:52 AM, Player2 said:

I mean, that's the basic description of incarnate powers... except there's more to choose from and as you progress, you get access to other incarnate powers. 

I mean like, let's say you have Storm Blast as Primary.

Then as the Ultimate you could pick between:

Category 5

Typhoon

Monsoon

Cyclone

These "Ultimate" Powers all behave and work differently, but you can only pick one! 🙂