Who is Minerva and what is that thing on her back?

17 minutes ago, jprewitt73 said:

I google searched "gooner." I regret doing that. I hope that the Urban Dictionary has nothing to do with what is coming to the game. 

I have not done this.  I will not do this.  There are some things Yomo was not meant to know.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

This thread has taken an unexpected turn . . .

I'm just working with what the flea provides

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I have not done this.  I will not do this.  There are some things Yomo was not meant to know.

All that playing of Call of Cthulhu has real world applications for me.

• Like 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

gooner originally was the nickname for Arsenal FC (soccer, for our US cousins) fans, it has become... different. Although in some respects, i.e. performance of the team lately, maybe not so much as one might like.

The image above is Arsenal winning the FA cup (I think, it's been a minute since they have done that and I'm old so my memory is kinda iffy)

Edited by rizlazz

In all seriousness (it happens), that looks kinda like the exhaust from the steam powered backpack. 

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Ohhhh . . . so the signature photo of Arsenal was a hint for . . . drum roll . . . Arsenal!

Sure that seems obvious to some of you, but I had no idea about Arsenal FC and their uniform, colors, etc.

We still have the mystery of Minerva.  What is she trying to tell us?

• Haha 1

*checks off #412 on to-do list*

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

8 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Captain Powerhouse recently started showing this as his forum avatar:

minerva.thumb.png.4dfb9a95c5c5295f9562228f0462f95b.png.ff09da58a73a9ee45416260129c9dfd7.png

The image is named Minerva.

Since Minerva is the Roman name for the Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom, & Athena is traditionally shown with an owl on her shoulder, I was going to guess that it was a (really) poor rendering of an owl.  But if so, that is the poorest rendering of an owl ever. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

NEWSFLASH!!

Captain Powerhouse has changed his signature photo again.  Instead of Arsenal gooners we have this:

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png.f3f40773b8189f898e79d73205aa2f59.png

And this is a picture of a bunch of Seattle Mariners, a baseball team.  Bat melee and baseball blast confirmed?

• City Council
1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

And this is a picture of a bunch of Seattle Mariners, a baseball team.

Seattle...used to be home of the Seattle Super Sonics...Sonic...Sonic Melee, let's go!

That *sounds* awesome. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1