Sounds/Music Mod Request

For any of those out there who are game sound mod gurus (which I am not)... I would love and be greatly appreciative if anyone has or can make 2 mods:  

1.  Back on live, you could select which theme to always display upon logging in character selection screen, character creation screen, and costume editor:  CoH, COV, or Going Rogue.  I love the Praetorian/Going Rogue music and theme and would at least love to have that always play at character selection, creation, and during costume editing. 

I have the launcher GUI "extra launch parameters" setting using "-uiskin 2" which gives the yellow Going Rogue login screen and Praetoria theme music when launching the game - this is perfect!  But when I log out of a Hero, I get the COH music and logging out a villain, I get the CoV music.... 

Can anyone make a mod so that the Going Rogue/Praetorian theme music always plays no matter who I log out and during character creation/costume editing??

2.  I would REALLY love the Symphony sound effects for Sonic Blast or at least something other than what is currently offered in the modder.  All the existing Sonic Blast sound mods are for ghostly/banshee types.  I have an angelic character and the Symphony sounds would be perfect (I always thought Sonic should have the Symphony sounds as an alt option anyway).  Is there anyone out there that can make this type of mod or at least come up with something more "angelic" and less ghostly/demonic??

Thanks in advance for any help here.

I don't know much about the sound files that play during character selection/creation, so I can't be much help there. On the sonic attack files, if you take a look at the thread for my banshee mod:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/15062-sound-mod-banshee-themed-sonic-attack-sound-effects/

in the third spoilered section (under Further Reading), I list the powers in the set (most of them anyway), and which sound they use. I can't make the mod for you but if you or someone else wants to use that as a guide, that should hopefully make things easier.

Making sound mods is pretty easy, especially if you are just re-using existing game sounds (like I was doing with my banshee set). The basic workflow is find the .ogg sound you want to use, rename it to the sound you want to replace, and under your data folder, put it in the proper folder structure for the sound you want to replace. It is good to use sounds that are roughly the same length as the ones you are replacing, because you want the sound to match the power casting animation, but sometimes that just takes a little trial and error.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/4/2024 at 2:31 PM, Frozen Burn said:

For any of those out there who are game sound mod gurus (which I am not)... I would love and be greatly appreciative if anyone has or can make 2 mods:  

1.  Back on live, you could select which theme to always display upon logging in character selection screen, character creation screen, and costume editor:  CoH, COV, or Going Rogue.  I love the Praetorian/Going Rogue music and theme and would at least love to have that always play at character selection, creation, and during costume editing. 

I have the launcher GUI "extra launch parameters" setting using "-uiskin 2" which gives the yellow Going Rogue login screen and Praetoria theme music when launching the game - this is perfect!  But when I log out of a Hero, I get the COH music and logging out a villain, I get the CoV music.... 

Can anyone make a mod so that the Going Rogue/Praetorian theme music always plays no matter who I log out and during character creation/costume editing??

2.  I would REALLY love the Symphony sound effects for Sonic Blast or at least something other than what is currently offered in the modder.  All the existing Sonic Blast sound mods are for ghostly/banshee types.  I have an angelic character and the Symphony sounds would be perfect (I always thought Sonic should have the Symphony sounds as an alt option anyway).  Is there anyone out there that can make this type of mod or at least come up with something more "angelic" and less ghostly/demonic??

Thanks in advance for any help here.

1. Yes. Depending on which launcher you are using

• Tequila - Options: Launch Parameters: -uiskin 2
  • HC Launcher - Homecoming: Extra Launch Parameters: -uiskin 2

That should give you the Going Rogue start screen whenever you launch. FYI, when you play blueside/redside and exit to the Character select screen, it will display the screen/music for that side, don't think there is a way around that outside of .pigg diving and repackaging.

You can however change the music played by substituting the redside music with renamed goldside music. You just need the following folder\subfolder in your game files:
data\sound\ogg\FrontEnd\V_MenuMusic_loop.ogg

With a copy of the goldside music file renamed to the above.

2. You can alter any/all sfx for your powers, you just need the names of the powers' associated sfx files and the actual Symphonic Control sfx files that you will rename to to desired Sonic Blast power. I could have swore that I had the list of names (that were discovered through yet another thread) for all the Symphonic powers added to my Silence/Modify sounds thread, but they I'm not seeing them. Will have to go on the hunt.

Okay, so here are the list of sfx=file names courtesy @Michiyo

image.thumb.png.0947f66a9fb060441485323172f02ddb.png

You just need to place copies of the ToV sfx into the appropriate folder and rename them to the Sonic Blast file names. Those can be found in the tables on the link. in my sig. If you need the sound files themselves I can get those to you, they just take up too much of the limited allotment of posting space we have on the forums.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Thanks @Oubliette_Red!  I do have the HC launcher set up with that parameter, so thank you for the advice on how to switch the music around.  

And thanks for the advice on switching the sonic power sounds.... I'll pore through all this and see what I can do on my own.  I am sure I will have more questions.  lol  🙂  

2 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

Thanks @Oubliette_Red!  I do have the HC launcher set up with that parameter, so thank you for the advice on how to switch the music around.  

And thanks for the advice on switching the sonic power sounds.... I'll pore through all this and see what I can do on my own.  I am sure I will have more questions.  lol  🙂  

No problem. :)

If you want to grab all of the sound files (and everything else) you can go to OuroDev and dl one of the game archives.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

6 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

No problem. 🙂

If you want to grab all of the sound files (and everything else) you can go to OuroDev and dl one of the game archives.

Ok, off of work and looking into this...

Wow... ummmm.... 

My Ogg folder is empty - well, except a "silence demons" folder I have from long ago to hush those continuously roaring and annoying beasts.  🙂  But otherwise, the Ogg folder is completely empty - no files, no other sub-folders like what you have shown in your thread from the link in your sig.  There are no .ogg files anywhere else in my game folders either.  Are there supposed to be??

Looked at OuroDev... That site is really beyond me.  But I did look at the archives (i think that's what they were) and couldn't download a thing.  Clicked links, but nothing happened.  

No clue as to how to get/view any .ogg files to attempt renaming.  😞  

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:

Ok, off of work and looking into this...

Wow... ummmm.... 

My Ogg folder is empty - well, except a "silence demons" folder I have from long ago to hush those continuously roaring and annoying beasts.  🙂  But otherwise, the Ogg folder is completely empty - no files, no other sub-folders like what you have shown in your thread from the link in your sig.  There are no .ogg files anywhere else in my game folders either.  Are there supposed to be??

Looked at OuroDev... That site is really beyond me.  But I did look at the archives (i think that's what they were) and couldn't download a thing.  Clicked links, but nothing happened.  

No clue as to how to get/view any .ogg files to attempt renaming.  😞  

Your ogg folder will only contain the folders/files that you put there. Mine has a few. :)

ogg files are just a audio format, you can use VLC Media Player to listen to them. I sent you a zip of the ToV sfx files.

15 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Your ogg folder will only contain the folders/files that you put there. Mine has a few. 🙂

ogg files are just a audio format, you can use VLC Media Player to listen to them. I sent you a zip of the ToV sfx files.

Thank you SO much!  I was able to make the switch on the Sonic Blast sounds!  TY TY TY!  

Do you happen to have the Gold-side theme music .ogg to share so i can try looping that on the front end whenever i log out to character screen/costume creator?