Explo badges in Atlas?

Okay, I'm confused. Again.

I have an alt I am updating, moved her to Rogue, had never obtained the long range teleporter. So I ran down my embedded list of badges in Atlas, which I've done with one alt after another, and... nothing. No accolade, no transporter. I asked in Help and was assured Atlas has always had eight badges... but somehow I've managed to get the LRTP with only seven.

Am I getting senile, or is this the result of fairly recent badge-shifting between Atlas Echo or such?

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Huh. And huh again. The only thing I can think of is that I've been hitting the Hero Corps badge, the one in the plaza by Henry Peter Wong or whatever his name is, by accident every time. I managed to leave it off my badge-hunter util list, which I should probably retire in the face of much better ones like ATC's.

"Rose? Rose, honey?" (old  joke)

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

Huh. And huh again. The only thing I can think of is that I've been hitting the Hero Corps badge, the one in the plaza by Henry Peter Wong or whatever his name is, by accident every time. I managed to leave it off my badge-hunter util list, which I should probably retire in the face of much better ones like ATC's.

were you hanging out in pocket D for a while?

I make a circuit of it with the end at badge 7 so I can go through the pottal to Recluses Victory and get my Oro portal. Get the Athletic/ Ninja run and Jump/Steam Jump Pack powers and I go 8, 2, 1, 3, hop up on City Hall for 6 then the globe for 5 then inside city hall to 4 then 7 and into RV for the badge/portal. Takes a couple minutes for 5 reward merits, 9 badges (11 counting the 10 badges badges you'll get),the Oro portal and the Long Distance portal with Atlas Park unlocked.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

14 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Not a bad theory.   It's the one I tend to hit by accident if I'm just running around since it's in my path if I go portal->city hall, or zone in from tutorial to the tailor.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Okay, I'm confused. Again.

I have an alt I am updating, moved her to Rogue, had never obtained the long range teleporter. So I ran down my embedded list of badges in Atlas, which I've done with one alt after another, and... nothing. No accolade, no transporter. I asked in Help and was assured Atlas has always had eight badges... but somehow I've managed to get the LRTP with only seven.

Am I getting senile, or is this the result of fairly recent badge-shifting between Atlas Echo or such?

Donyou go to Pocket D???

8 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Donyou go to Pocket D???

This was an old redsider I dusted off and Rogue'd out, so no, in this case. I also find a quick badge run faster than an hour in PD.

19 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I asked in Help and was assured Atlas has always had eight badges... but somehow I've managed to get the LRTP with only seven.

I'm guessing when they say "8" they're also referring to the AE badge from when the AE building was where the building to Fort Trident is now.  As it was the first AE building people encountered, they would have naturally added it into the count, even though it can be acquired at any AE building.

35 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I'm guessing when they say "8" they're also referring to the AE badge from when the AE building was where the building to Fort Trident is now.  As it was the first AE building people encountered, they would have naturally added it into the count, even though it can be acquired at any AE building.

I was thinking it had to be one of the badges that was moved or rezoned or something. When I built my badge tracker, I used the standard lists and it has seven; I know I have used that list to get the LRTP more than once. But current wisdom insists there are eight...

...except this slightly older one:

image.png.4bfeff0043237030227d94399f431968.png

So I feel better, but I gotta say, I am getting a little tired of newbies telling me I'm an idiot because 'X' has always been that way throughout their two-week experience. It's happening... a lot.

One thing at fault here is the typical... short sighted updating of "The Wiki" (may peace and blessings be upon its wisdom) that fails to adequately chart changes. All of the more usual resources I checked just list 8 badges, and that's how it always has been. Feh.

Edited by Shenanigunner

The text in that screenshot says seven, but there are eight listed in the table. Those eight listed in the table have existed in AP on Homecoming as long as I can remember. The AE badge, Thrill Seeker, was theoretically the ninth badge, but it didn't count towards any other badges/accolades, and was removed when the AE building was demolished.

3 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

The text in that screenshot says seven, but there are eight listed in the table. Those eight listed in the table have existed in AP on Homecoming as long as I can remember. The AE badge, Thrill Seeker, was theoretically the ninth badge, but it didn't count towards any other badges/accolades, and was removed when the AE building was demolished.

okay...

🤪

I just happened to have a level 2 just chilling without a single exploration badge, so I ran him through everything until he got Passport, and with it Fast Travel.  Eight badges:

AtlasExplrBdges.thumb.jpg.3880db7741f57c7cc73fb040d3c20b15.jpg

Regarding the map earlier in the thread.  #4 "Patriot" is practically underneath of #6 "Freedom", and as the map is 2D, it doesn't show in position.  The map makes reference that it would be under that dark purple icon.  Any chance that's why it's perceived as 7?