Completionist run abandoned

Snarky

Things were off to a strong start.  I was meticulously and methodically clearing each level range.  I finished 15-19 yesterday and leveled to 20, stopped experience.  There are a few contacts at 20 red and blue.  I did red, then went to do blue.  Shauna Stockwell and Eagle Eye are listed in HC Wiki as 7-20.   A damn lie.  Shauna is not available at 20 and she introduces Eagle Eye.  There are a lot if strange things Blueside.  If I ever attempt one of these runs again I will probably do Blue from the first level they are available and not the last.  They are complicated, futzy, and each contact follows its own rules that are not always documented correctly on wiki.  

Takeaways….   This is an incredibly strong character that I have fallen in love with.  Ice Dark Corruptor is great at low levels and coming into 20s picks up steam and starts taking shape.  This will be my main going forward.  I will rant more about its greatness in other threads I am sure.  

From here I will run each TF/SF/Trial in mostly level order.  Then 50, incarnate and continue.  

I will set up an alt build for low level Ouro badges starting in level range order, completing, then updating the build for next level range.  Due to exemplar rules 50s are odd when squished and I find the builds rely on procs and odd mechanics more than getting a damage power enhanced to a normal level.  Which is surprisingly difficult. I will probably start a discussion about that in a week or so and seek input.

Cyas in the city on the shiny new Snarky!

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Maybe you should prioritize blue/red on different characters?  I'd also volunteer you for Wiki duty to clean up those problems - who else would know better than someone doing everything? - but I've encountered things like that as well, and am I working on the Wiki? Noooo...

Bit jealous of the character really taking off like that; my latest, a Dom, as usual only seemed to bloom in the upper 30s once slotting fell into place, but as that was a bespoke build, that might just be my fault.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

11 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Takeaways….   This is an incredibly strong character that I have fallen in love with.  Ice Dark Corruptor is great at low levels and coming into 20s picks up steam and starts taking shape.  This will be my main going forward.  I will rant more about its greatness in other threads I am sure.  

Ice/dark/dark corruptor has been my favorite corruptor for a few years. They are really fun and there's great power synergy between the sets.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I don't really trust the level ranges on the wiki.  Like the lowest level origin contacts outside of city hall are listed as 5-14, but I remember them capping at 9.  Did they change that sometime?

I'm not doing everything at the minimum level on my current run, but I did do Shauna's and Eagle Eye's arcs at 7.

• Thumbs Up 1

Say it ain’t so, Snark!

• Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

This is an incredibly strong character that I have fallen in love with.  Ice Dark Corruptor is great at low levels and coming into 20s picks up steam and starts taking shape.  This will be my main going forward.  I will rant more about its greatness in other threads I am sure.  

Well, at least you rescued something...  I should post the pic I took over the weekend.

Edit:  Except you're against a dark background so you hardly stand out.

Edited by Doc_Scorpion
  • Haha 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

10 hours ago, Snarky said:

Shauna Stockwell and Eagle Eye are listed in HC Wiki as 7-20.   A damn lie.  Shauna is not available at 20 and she introduces Eagle Eye. 

Yeah, I've been frustrated with that repeatedly.  I'd very much like to see the next contact (Eagle Eye in this case), unlock and remain unlocked after I acquire the phone number of the first contact (Shauna).  So if it takes extra levels, I could still do the second contact without having to run to Ouroboros to handle it.  And, of course, have the contact I'm currently working with continue to level up with me until I clear all missions, but I realize that's very wishful thinking.

51 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I applaud you, you really stepped up your game! First quitting teams, now you're quitting your own challenges?! Incredible!

that one stung.  heh.

i now want to redo the challenge.  i think on a Blaster.  much as i love this toon the kill alls are tedious.  the tactics and strategy of ice/dark corr are boa constrictor.  for that challenge you need the mad bomber what bombs at midnight!

image.png.8d3f3aedadae2e14b1604f702ab95ccc.png

• Moose 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

I was going to do the same thing. One hero and one villain. But there are missions/contacts listed at certain levels that are off in wiki, depending on how long you take to get to that part of contact mission and when mission is started.

So I'm just leveling normally and doing all I can and then I can go back for any arcs I missed and complete them through Oroboros.

As much as I want to experience all content, I don't want to miss one mission and then it throws everything out of whack and have to do it all over again.

Maybe I'll go slow on different characters and just do a 5 level or 10level bracket perfect so after a few characters, it'll add up to have seen everything.

Points for the attempt though. You got further than I did.

3 hours ago, Xalon said:

I was going to do the same thing. One hero and one villain. But there are missions/contacts listed at certain levels that are off in wiki, depending on how long you take to get to that part of contact mission and when mission is started.

So I'm just leveling normally and doing all I can and then I can go back for any arcs I missed and complete them through Oroboros.

As much as I want to experience all content, I don't want to miss one mission and then it throws everything out of whack and have to do it all over again.

Maybe I'll go slow on different characters and just do a 5 level or 10level bracket perfect so after a few characters, it'll add up to have seen everything.

Points for the attempt though. You got further than I did.

i know redside is correct.  next time i run i will do Blue at the start of their availability, while keeping Red at the end, as i prefer.