A strategy for the Xmen to keep the Sentinels from rising again:   they need to recruit the mutant Madison Jefferies of Alpha Flight. he is a techno-telepath that can shape machinery and reprogram it to whatever he wants.   Build him a version of Cerebro that detects Sentinels, and he can scan for them and if he can't shut them down, send in Magneto and Polaris.

They can detonate a local EMP blast to shut them and Sentinel factories down.  Magneto did this after Cortez boosted his power in Sanctuary part 1 in the old series

• Thumbs Up 1

25 alts with all the badges!

7 hours ago, Voltor said:

If he turned into Rogue, he would likely get her flight, strength and durability but  not her absorption power. 

Well that's the rub: Flight, stength and durability AREN'T her powers, those are the powers she permanently absorbed from Carol Danvers. So he'd probably get nothing XD

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Voltor said:

in Xmen 97, he ...turned into Juggernaut and had his strength but also Juggy's lack of speed but I doubt he would have the mystic shield around him that shields Juggernaut form harm at all times given how the Prime Sentinel defeated him, ...

This is why I say Marvel plays fast and loose with shapeshifters.  Juggernaut's strength and healing, not just his shielded armor come from magic, not mutation.  So while Morph could adapt the look, he should lack the strength and healing aspects, since he's mutation, not magic.

Will the Xmen be forced to play a part in the creation of Apocalypse, just as they aided in his destruction in the Axis of Time? Though his essence did survive and possess Cortex in Season 5.

That is a favorite trope in the science fantasy genre.  I think of Doctor Who where the Doctor has repeatedly been a participant in the creation moments of his enemies, such as rescuing a child Davros.

...send in Magneto and Polaris.

Glad you mentioned Polaris:

Spoiler

Magneto at one point mentioned there was no one like him, but moments before we saw the shadowy presence of Polaris, along with Pietro and Wanda on the image boat.  I don't remember much of the original series (I need to correct that) but I thought the twins at least were known to Magnus, and the image in his mind would suggest he knows Polaris as well, would it not?  Strange that he'd say no one was like him.

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

This is why I say Marvel plays fast and loose with shapeshifters.  Juggernaut's strength and healing, not just his shielded armor come from magic, not mutation.  So while Morph could adapt the look, he should lack the strength and healing aspects, since he's mutation, not magic.

That is a favorite trope in the science fantasy genre.  I think of Doctor Who where the Doctor has repeatedly been a participant in the creation moments of his enemies, such as rescuing a child Davros.

Glad you mentioned Polaris:

Hide contents

Magneto at one point mentioned there was no one like him, but moments before we saw the shadowy presence of Polaris, along with Pietro and Wanda on the image boat.  I don't remember much of the original series (I need to correct that) but I thought the twins at least were known to Magnus, and the image in his mind would suggest he knows Polaris as well, would it not?  Strange that he'd say no one was like him.

Magneto's memories were a bit scrambled when he said that. 

Magneto did encounter Wanda and Pietro at his wife's grave in Season 4, I think the title was Family Matters.  The High Evolutionary tricked the twins into going after him  as he wanted all their DNA on file for his experiments.  It was then that he revealed to all of them that Magneto was their father.   High Evolutionary is a slightly more benevolent version of Sinister

As to Polaris, he didn't meet her in the old series as I recall, however he may have heard of her and her Magnetic powers when she was with X-factor

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

Well that's the rub: Flight, stength and durability AREN'T her powers, those are the powers she permanently absorbed from Carol Danvers. So he'd probably get nothing XD

Possibly, however as those powers are permanently part of Rogue he might be able to copy them

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Techwright said:

Yes Juggernaut is magic, something that writers I think at times over the years have forgotten or ignored as Juggy has been erroneously called a mutant.  In fact when he returned in Season 4 after Gladiator dunked him in the oceans, someone called him a mutant and he yelled that he wasn't one.   But even though his strength comes from magic, it seems Morph can copy it, but Juggernaut is not known for speed and agility, Juggy was taken down by Gladiator from speed and leverage and so was morph when he turned into Juggy to attack the Prime Sentinel. Colossus or the HULK or even the THING would have been better choices for Morph to use.

Also that "mask" that Morph shapes his head into clearly has some durability to it as he survived getting blasted by Prime Sentinel Trask at close range in his face.

That being said though, I would want Juggernaut to help against a Sentinel uprising. They would target him along with other super beings, and he is hard to stop.  They would have to bury him in the center of the Earth, or shoot him into space to stop him.

However the Xmen didn't try a logic trap on Bastion and the Sentinels and the Prime Sentinels.  Sentinels have evolved since their creation, ergo they have mutated and thus could be called mutants.  Fulfill Prime Directive.

This was done by Nimrod after he was fused with Master Mold and they were fighting the Xmen, they began to self destructs and were blasted into the Siege Perilous with Rogue

Edited by Voltor

7 hours ago, TauntingMonk said:

Anyone get a Pharaoh Kang vibe at the end with the sphere shaped pyramid?

I could see that.  So, the X-men would have to defeat "Pharaoh Kang' which would empower the rise of En Saban Nur?

I likewise had a crazy thought on another character at the end: 

Spoiler

The young Nathan seen in the future at the end, is that indeed Cable, or might that be his counterpart Nate Grey, aka "X-man"?  I never really collected the comics of his story, so I'm limited in details which might clarify.

8 hours ago, Techwright said:

I could see that.  So, the X-men would have to defeat "Pharaoh Kang' which would empower the rise of En Saban Nur?

Reveal hidden contents

The young Nathan seen in the future at the end, is that indeed Cable, or might that be his counterpart Nate Grey, aka "X-man"?  I never really collected the comics of his story, so I'm limited in details which might clarify.

I dunno if though should be in a spoiler tag or not... but for safetys sake... lol

Spoiler

Kang was going by the alias Rama-Tut at that point, which was actually before he took on the name Kang the Conquerer. That is his base/spaceship they panned to. In one (or both) versions of En Sabah Nurs origin was highly tied in with Rama-Tut and his transition to Kang. The tech that Rama-Tut left was taken over by En Sabah Nur and used for centuries as well as to modify his powers and body.

Ooooooooh, that bit in the spoiler tag is a neat idea lol

Spoiler

Granted they seem to adapting The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix comic, where they go to the future to help raise their son and meet a variant of their daughter Rachel Summers (The lady in the hood "Mother Askani", played by Gates Mcfadden) from a timeline that ceased to exist.

In the comic they weren't in their own bodies as opposed to the show where they are.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Techwright said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I think it's Nathan, as in the comics, Scott and Jean travel to the future and actually raise Nathan for some years.  Not to mention Rachel was the one who watched over Cable as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Techwright said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I'd think it'd be Cable. Nate was from the Age of Apocalypse timeline. And also it should be Cable because Nate sucks soooo much

• Haha 1

• Game Master

Much as I enjoyed the show, they needed to breath a bit more. They could have stretched the goblin queen out a lot more and had it be the entire season antagonist. They flew through so many story arcs that it was almost like a TL:DR version of the X-Men

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

Much as I enjoyed the show, they needed to breath a bit more. They could have stretched the goblin queen out a lot more and had it be the entire season antagonist. They flew through so many story arcs that it was almost like a TL:DR version of the X-Men

To be fair, that's how the X-Men 92 felt as well. At least they did multi-episodes for the big arc like Dark Phoenix.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

17 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

That was my concern as well.  The editing felt choppy at times.  I'm hoping with clear success for season 1, they're willing to hear the critiques and make adjustments.

The condition of Xavier's legs in Xmen Animated/X-men 97

In the comics, his legs were crippled when he fought the alien being Lucifer. He then goes to form the X-men. Years later he is infected by the Brood and becomes a new Brood queen but his mind was salvaged and the Shi'ar cloned him a new body but he had to overcome the MENTAL blocks he placed in his own mind to block the pain from his leg injuries. Eventually he did and he was walking for years until the Muir Island saga finale when his fight with Shadow King crippled him again.

In the cartoons:

in Season 4 Sanctuary part 1 and 2, Beast recaps how Xavier met Amelia Vought, after Xavier's legs were injured fighting Magneto. We see that he tries to walk as per the therapy but collapses presumably from extreme pain. Nevertheless his legs were shown as being somewhat functional.

Season 5: part 1 of the Phalanx 2 part story: he is working in the gym with his legs held together by a brace, but moving rather acrobatically on the parallel bars and what appears to be making his legs swing by moving his lower back and then does a rather acrobatic flip from the bars into his chair.....

At the end of Beyond Good and Evil part 4 he is shown STANDING next to Magneto as they talk. He looked like he might be leaning up against Graymalkin station but he was still standing.

Season 2: he and Magneto are in the Savage Land, depowered, and Xavier can walk normally....without pain or fatigue as his leg muscles should be rather atrophied despite working out. When his power was restored he fell to the ground as his legs suddenly didn't work.

Xmen 97, he was using an exosuit to walk when he appeared with Lilandra, and he was using a cane to hold himself up when the suit came off, and she did help him to sit but his legs appeared to be semi functional without the suit. Also in that same episode he did use his arms to grab his legs and swing them around to get out of bed and into a hover chair and he did the same thing back on Earth to get out of bed and into his classic standard wheelchair.

My conclusion is that in the Xmen Animated and Xmen 97 cartoons, Xavier's legs are badly injured, but not totally paralyzed. When Amelia left him as she didn't share his dream he threw himself into his work with the Xmen and for advocating mutant rights but at the cost of fully rehabilitating his legs. His mental powers do not keep him from walking as a side effect, but they do block any pain he may still feel.

So his legs are injured badly and not fully rehabilitated, similar to Quincy Harker in the old Tomb of Dracula books.

Also one would think the Shi'ar would have fully regenerated his legs so he could walk again

So when did Sinister make the switch and replaced Jean with Madelyne?

Well the intro scenes include the finale of Dark Phoenix, so when Jean was recovering after the Dark Phoenix saga would have been an easy time for Sinister to make the switch, but I don't think so. Xavier I would think would have sensed Sinister's presence so this is not likely when the switch occured.  Also the Phoenix flash backs in the intro to me were a hint that we'd see Jean powered up again as Phoenix for a time.

However if he did make the switch after the DP saga, then he had obtained Jean's DNA when he had her and Cyclops prisoner in season 2 OR else in Beyond Good and Evil part 1 to 4, Jean is prisoner in the Axis of Time at the hands of Apocalypse and Sinister. Though Sinister was aiding Apocalypse, his research is always his #1 priority and obsession.

So THAT is likely when he obtained Jean's DNA for study. He tells her he can start an experiment then go through a portal to the future to see the results. So he starts the cloning of Jean then goes through a portal to the future when the clone is ready and brings her back to the present and stores the clone in one of his labs.

The  Phalanx 2 parter in season 5 had Sinister's main lab assimilated by the Phalanx. The clone was likely created and stored in another location rather then his main lab, or the clone was created after the Phalanx was defeated.

However the clone needs Jean's memories and personality so Sinister bides his time and when Xavier is wounded and removed from Earth is when Sinister moved quickly and abducted Jean and copied her memories and personality into the clone and made the switch.   

Conclusion, the switch was made after Xavier was taken off Earth, the Xmen were distracted and their guard was down.  Sinister basically copy-pastes Jean's memories and personality into the clone and might have programmed the clone with some extra incentive to have a kid with Cyclops.  Xmen 97 starts a year after Xavier is gone and the kid is due to be born.  Whatever Sinister did to Jean scrambled her mind a bit and she had to relearn her powers but after that she was fine and was relearning her memories. Madelyne gets destroyed in Ep 5 and due to their minds being identical Jean gets Maddie's memories so they are basically one person now.

I'm also confident that the Phoenix manifesting in Jean settles the question of whether she was Phoenix in the first place,  the Phoenix would know after all.

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 9:34 AM, TauntingMonk said:

Anyone get a Pharaoh Kang vibe at the end with the sphere shaped pyramid?

Actually that would be Rama-Tut, who would later become Kang then later Immortus whom we saw at the end of Beyond Good and Evil part 4

Edited by Voltor