Mandela Effect

Water

Hmm, happy to be wrong but that must be the first time I have personally experienced the Mandela Effect. 

Thinking that there was a General Chat on retail and that it was on here on HC from the start.

Anyone else got some good Mandela Effects, game related the better?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mopery said:

Human memory is faulty.

You can either accept that, or you can choose to believe that impossibly complicated fairy tales are reality in spite of the lack of evidence.

Like I said in the OP, I stand corrected, have you anything to contribute?

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

As I remember it that is not the first time you were wildy wrong 😂

Wildly, I doubt it. Even if it is so, we can all be in the same boat. Though not everyone will ostracize the mistaken, Shall I vehemently correct the mistaken? 🔨

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Water said:

What I've contributed is an honest definition of this so-called "Mandela Effect".

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

What, me worry?

11 minutes ago, Mopery said:

What I've contributed is an honest definition of this so-called "Mandela Effect".

I had never heard of it before.  I dux hear a song about giving away free nelson mandelas… whatever that means

On 2/18/2024 at 3:57 AM, Water said:

Agreed many people do not realize how crazy some of our lives are because of these effects they refuse to see anything beyond their own self absorbed based realities, it is a choice to know more.

• Haha 1

Not PERSONALLY - though I'm right there with the OP in feeling like General Chat has always been there - but a couple of friends I've been hanging out with had a MAJOR case of this. Basically, the two of them were going on, for literal weeks, about a nice 'hangout spot' they remembered lazing about in back on Live, but now couldn't remember where WAS, practically doing a grid search of the entire game to find it again. Something about a ship, a mansion, a hot-tub, a nice view...

Finally, a few days ago, they found it - in the last (or, chronologically, first) place they searched - Cimerora. Specifically, on that island in the southwest with the Sibyl's temple and whatnot. The ship was docked in the cave below, and a giant 'bird-bath' like structure under a tree on a platform with a lovely view of the ocean being the putative 'hot-tub'. They were both very certain that this was, indeed, the place they remembered, latching on to several very specific details. Until someone pointed out to them that... the place wasn't ACCESSIBLE on Live, outside of the Imperious TF Instance. You could only see it in the distance. It was later, during Homecoming at some point, that it was opened up for casual visitors and added to the overall Cimerora map.

The Mandela Effect was brought up specifically and repeatedly, and both of them REMAIN rather stumped as to what has happened...

(Side-note for any killjoys - you don't have to actually BELIEVE in the 'Mandela Effect' to find these kinds of incidents interesting or funny... in fact, I doubt very many people take it that seriously.)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlakeTheDrake said:

Not PERSONALLY - though I'm right there with the OP in feeling like General Chat has always been there - but a couple of friends I've been hanging out with had a MAJOR case of this. Basically, the two of them were going on, for literal weeks, about a nice 'hangout spot' they remembered lazing about in back on Live, but now couldn't remember where WAS, practically doing a grid search of the entire game to find it again. Something about a ship, a mansion, a hot-tub, a nice view...

Finally, a few days ago, they found it - in the last (or, chronologically, first) place they searched - Cimerora. Specifically, on that island in the southwest with the Sibyl's temple and whatnot. The ship was docked in the cave below, and a giant 'bird-bath' like structure under a tree on a platform with a lovely view of the ocean being the putative 'hot-tub'. They were both very certain that this was, indeed, the place they remembered, latching on to several very specific details. Until someone pointed out to them that... the place wasn't ACCESSIBLE on Live, outside of the Imperious TF Instance. You could only see it in the distance. It was later, during Homecoming at some point, that it was opened up for casual visitors and added to the overall Cimerora map.

The Mandela Effect was brought up specifically and repeatedly, and both of them REMAIN rather stumped as to what has happened...

(Side-note for any killjoys - you don't have to actually BELIEVE in the 'Mandela Effect' to find these kinds of incidents interesting or funny... in fact, I doubt very many people take it that seriously.)

I am so glad more are coming out about this instead of being afraid because of a few negative concepts for people who cannot bother to research enough to see how factual these events are happening to countless people. Since this is general I cannot say to much but I will say its going to be alright for your friends and anyone else effected by this, lets just say there is certainly a war going on between good guys and bad guys and it will make an amazing series or movie sequence some day soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StarseedWarrior said:

I am so glad more are coming out about this instead of being afraid because of a few negative concepts for people who cannot bother to research enough to see how factual these events are happening to countless people. Since this is general I cannot say to much but I will say its going to be alright for your friends and anyone else effected by this, lets just say there is certainly a war going on between good guys and bad guys and it will make an amazing series or movie sequence some day soon.

I'm glad that idiots are putting themselves out in the open. That didn't use to happen so often, except whenever an AR/EM blaster stood next to the Tank and power punched his target across the room. Wonder who that idiot was?

Oh right, it was me.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

42 minutes ago, StarseedWarrior said:

Why cannot say much due to general?

On 2/20/2024 at 9:30 AM, BazookaTwo said:

I'm glad that idiots are putting themselves out in the open. That didn't use to happen so often, except whenever an AR/EM blaster stood next to the Tank and power punched his target across the room. Wonder who that idiot was?

Oh right, it was me.

I don't think anyone knows what your talking about, not even related to the topic.

Edited by StarseedWarrior

I swear... swear... that back when I first started playing on Live there was an arc for lowbie Natural heroes that had you tracking down some WWII era artwork that was stolen by the 5th Column.  It was in Atlas Park, it was your first introduction to the 5th Column, and it ended with a boss fight in a warehouse covered with 5th Column flags where the villain swore revenge against you when you defeated him.

This arc apparently does not exist.  I have no idea what I am remembering.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TalynDerre said:

There's no arc, but there is a pair of automatically-advancing missions given by one of the Contacts in City Hall that involves recovering some artwork that the Council stole, and where there's Council in the current early levels, there was likely 5th Column even earlier in the game's lifetime.  So actually, that kinda tracks.  Although the environment and anything any bosses may or may not currently say, I can't confirm, and may have been lost to the ages in the 5th->Council conversion anyway.

13 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

I think you have drank too much fluoride and boofed too many quartz crystals. 

I mean fluoride is objectively bad for you and I actually use reverse osmosis and now trying a new kind of filter system probably something you wouldn't know about clearly, also I do not boost with crystals but crystals have frequency so there is real science behind that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TalynDerre said:

I swear... swear... that back when I first started playing on Live there was an arc for lowbie Natural heroes that had you tracking down some WWII era artwork that was stolen by the 5th Column.  It was in Atlas Park, it was your first introduction to the 5th Column, and it ended with a boss fight in a warehouse covered with 5th Column flags where the villain swore revenge against you when you defeated him.

I most certainly remember a villain in atlas saying the same thing to me maybe it was just live.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TalynDerre said:

There was a mission to recover WWII artwork, but I'm guessing it was removed/replaced when Cryptic replaced the 5th Column with Council.  However, I'm going to posit that this may have been a Galaxy City contact, because 95% of all of my characters were Galaxy before they took Galaxy away (and I'm still sad about that change).