[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for February 18th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Release Candidate 3.5

• Developer

This is a quick-turnaround patch to address some issues in RC3. As such, we won't be posting the full patch notes here, but instead a summary of the differences from RC3. The items below are also being merged into the RC3 patch notes.

• Most changes from the previous beta build are listed in green.
    • Green text will become white text in the next set of patch notes.
  • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds (ie: fixes / tweaks to new features) are listed in blue.
    • Blue text will be deleted in the next set of patch notes as it is only relevant to highlight changes between beta builds, not a changes from live.

Powers

Mind Control / Telekinesis

• Fixed missing vfx
  • Main target now has additional VFX to indicate what enemy can trigger Levitate splash damage
  • Endurance cost reduced to 0.26 per tick, 0.52 end per second,
  • Immob duration slightly increased
  • Can now be slotted for Immobilize
  • Now has a chance to Overpower and Dominate
  • Dominator version now accepts Accuracy enhancements
  • Note despite being labeled as Auto-Hit, this power still requires a ToHit check

Epic / Psionic Mastery / Telekinesis

• Endurance cost reduced to 0.325 end per tick, 0.65 end per second
  • Immob duration slightly increased
  • Can now be slotted for Immobilize
  • Now accepts Accuracy enhancements
  • No longer claims to be Auto Hit

Miscellaneous

• All Arsenal set attacks should now have a bonus 5% accuracy, similar to other weapon based sets.
  • Fixed text descriptions on some epic pool powers
  • Arsenal AE power tweaks

User Interface Improvements (New Player Experience)

• Fixed some issues with the power tray labels showing incorrect key bindings in certain circumstances.

Options Improvements

• Upon closer inspection, the existing keybind profile and save/load system turns out to only be half-baked. We put it back in the oven and made the following improvements:
    • Now correctly switches the selected profile in the drop-down when you log out and switch characters, instead of incorrectly showing the profile for the first character logged in.
    • Now saves the current profile name into the keybinds.txt file when saving bindings, so that other characters which load that file will use the correct base profile.
    • No longer saves every single key into keybinds.txt, only the keys which the user has customized. This matches how it's always been handled on the server side when saving characters, and makes the behavior consistent after saving/loading key bindings.
  • Keys can now be unbound by pressing Escape after clicking on a key as if to rebind it. Previously there was not a simple way to unbind a key from the options UI.
  • Changes have been made to the options window to make it more intuitive to use. The various buttons have always been a source of trouble. The "Apply Now" button in particular is extremely unhelpful. Most of the time it doesn't actually do anything, because many options take effect immediately. Some options however require the Apply Now button to take effect. Worse, there is a third class of options that appear to take effect immediately, but don't actually save unless you click Apply Now, and will be lost after logging out if you simply close the window. Future updates to the window are planned to address these issues, but for now the following adjustments have been made:
    • The "Apply Now" button is now a "Close" button and simply closes the window.
    • If an option is changed which must be applied to save it, the "Close" button is replaced with an "Apply Now" button and starts flashing, making it clear to the player that the setting change they made needs to be applied. Once clicked, the settings are saved and it goes back to being a "Close" button.
    • The "Cancel Changes" button no longer closes the window, and has become an "Undo Changes" button that reverts any changes you have made since opening the options window.

Control Scheme

• Fixed issues with resizing windows, manipulating the map zoom slider, and dragging chat tabs causing unwanted camera movement.
  • The new key binding profile is called "Modern" instead of "Default".
  • Existing characters with the "Default" profile will automatically be mapped to "Classic".
  • To avoid confusion, the "Original" profile has been renamed to "Launch (Issue 0)"

User Interface

• Fixed the primary and secondary power tabs on the character creation screen not scaling their hitboxes correctly to screen resolution.
  • Fixed some minor scaling issues on the badge tab of the info window.

Other

• Fixed an issue with name filtering incorrectly blocking the creation of characters with an apostrophe or question mark in their name.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Number Six changed the title to [Open Beta] Patch Notes for February 18th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Release Candidate 3.5

After testing the camera changes, I'm left confused beyond my minor personal gripes.

How do I turn the camera to see the front of my character?

On Live, I press "Page Up", hold the right mouse button down, and I can spin endlessly.

On Test, if I do the same, the angle will at best change a tiny bit.

If I tab the Page Up key repeatedly, I can eventually spin the camera all the way to the front. This is hardly convenient.

Regarding this previous patch note:
"The default run forward binding now turns the character to face the camera direction. This mostly affects what happens when you press forward after using free look to change the camera angle."

I am not seeing this behavior at all. Pressing forward after having changed the camera angle, the camera stays in the position I set. I'm actually HAPPY about this, because the above change was something I did not want, but figured I would mention this in case it's related...

Tried to fiddle with the options but saw no obvious change.

Just personal opinion, but I do think that Arsenal Assault and Control should be usable alongside Assault Rifle and Mercs in AE. They use the same weapon model, after all, and while there is some redundancy between AR and Arsenal Assault, I think it's nice for flavor on rifle-using opponents.

• Jimmy locked and unlocked this topic
12 hours ago, nihilii said:

After testing the camera changes, I'm left confused beyond my minor personal gripes.

How do I turn the camera to see the front of my character?

On Live, I press "Page Up", hold the right mouse button down, and I can spin endlessly.

On Test, if I do the same, the angle will at best change a tiny bit.

Not sure if you have resolved this yet, but I just hold down page up and then free mouse on test server.

• Like 1

• City Council

Thanks for sorting them out, I was going to pop in and ask why you're trying to use PgUp AND right-mouse-button at the same time, since those do polar opposite things.

There was a subtle change in the behavior in the very specific situation where you try to use camera look and mouse look (the one that rotates your character) at the same time. Mouse look was made to take priority to ensure that running with Left+Right mouse buttons pressed works correctly and you're able to steer while running regardless of which order you pressed the buttons in.

It's a small enough thing that it didn't warrant a patch note on its own, as it shouldn't affect anybody, since there's no reason to use both functions at once.

But yes, the correct answer is to not press the right mouse button at all and just hold PgUp and move the mouse to rotate the camera -- not a new thing, you could always do that. 😀

21 minutes ago, Number Six said:

Thanks for sorting them out, I was going to pop in and ask why you're trying to use PgUp AND right-mouse-button at the same time, since those do polar opposite things.

It's just a good trick for posing for screenshots, mostly. Holding down RMB lets you angle your character around for good lighting, while then pressing PgUp/Middle-Mouse-Button locks your character's rotation in place to make small adjustments to the framing. You can do it manually still in the Test Server by letting go of RMB and then using PgUp+Mouse Move, but it's a much slower process now that you have to release one to do the other.

Edited by strix_

22 hours ago, scarasyte said:

I notice I can't move base items anymore. Anyone else?

Edit: I even deleted the supergroup and remade it. Still couldn't move anything in the base.

I can no longer move items in my SG base, either.

• Cobalt Arachne changed the title to [OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for February 18th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Release Candidate 3.5
  • Jimmy locked this topic