WIP : Arsenal/Arsenal

Fritter Chicken

12 hours ago, JayboH said:

I mentioned the Mids update as it has the sets in there.  Keeping my eye on this for your updates.  🙂

There are at least 2 bugs with the mids update.

1. Ignite does even allow for a base slot.

2. The defense values are too high.

I fixed 2 by flipping all slots to the alt version using the menu, turning off anything that gave defense, flipped them back and turned everything back on.

Might as well share these here as well.

You will probably need to update your mids before downloading.
Standard Alpha First Pass Conversions, ... use with a grain of salt.
Malinois is a standard all around build
Foxhound is a more focused Ranged Defense conversion of a Hard Mode build.  Tranq is a place holder for ignite in this build since I don't know what I can or can't do with ignite yet.

Updated below ...

Edited by Linea
  • Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

I just reached level 50 with my current controller Arsenal-Sonic Assault.  I want to switch over to  Arsenal-Storm summoning.  I can't seem to find a guide for an Arsenal-Storm summoning build. I was wondering if you could make one for me. I am one month+ new to the game and made my account around 2020. If it's okay with you, that is.

1 hour ago, Sanuske4 said:

Liquid Nitrogen doesn't appear to be able to slot sup asc of the dominator unless this is a test server thing.

You wouldn't want to put an ATO there anyways. I'd strongly suggest watching the build video linked earlier in the thread to understand why specific ATO's go on specific powers. 

9 hours ago, heyedwin said:

I just reached level 50 with my current controller Arsenal-Sonic Assault.  I want to switch over to  Arsenal-Storm summoning.  I can't seem to find a guide for an Arsenal-Storm summoning build. I was wondering if you could make one for me. I am one month+ new to the game and made my account around 2020. If it's okay with you, that is.

If you've not seen it yet....OP did just that over here:

• Like 1

Updated to swap in Ice Mistrals ... no guarantees any of this will work.

Updated below...

Edited by Linea

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

15 hours ago, heyedwin said:

Any particular reason you're moving away from the Arsenal/Sonic Dom? This was actually a combo I was thinking of running with, so curious if I should go with a different Dom secondary (was also thinking Martial) or switch entirely do Controller as well. 

1 hour ago, captainstar said:

Why there is no IOs in the ITF version?

I just downloaded the copies from the forums and they loaded fine for me.

• Maybe, Update mids again? ... This one is MRB 3.6.6.3, then Updated, Db Version 24.2.704 ... and there's another update ...
  • Maybe, don't load both in parallel, load them sequentially.  Load one, wait till it's completely loaded, then you can load the second beside it.  Double-Clicking and loading them in parallel tends to freak out one copy or the other of MRB.
  • After that I'm out of ideas?

And there's another update ... so I'll have to redo them again.

Edited by Linea
  • Like 1

Updated for This Afternoon's version of Mids ... and again no promises that any of this will work.

MRB 3.6.6.3, then Updated, Db Version 24.2.717

Arsenal Arsenal Dom - Foxhound 6.4c ITF - Ranged Dampener - [i27.7](1).mbd Arsenal Arsenal Dom - Malinois 1c - [i27.7].mbd

13 hours ago, Linea said:

Updated for This Afternoon's version of Mids ... and again no promises that any of this will work.

Arsenal Arsenal Dom - Foxhound 6.4c ITF - Ranged Dampener - [i27.7](1).mbd 57.33 kB · 6 downloads Arsenal Arsenal Dom - Malinois 1c - [i27.7].mbd 50.47 kB · 1 download

So, this is just a suggestion for those that may not be that experienced with Mids. Turn off Vengeance. 
On my own build, I was killing myself (and the Mids Reborn Discord) trying to figure out why my numbers on Brainstorm and Mids didn't match. I have no idea why, but Vengeance was lit up, creating the illusion of having a lot more defense than the build provides. It's the same way for this Foxhound build (I prefer ranged). 

It's always interesting to me to see how others mix and match the variety of options in a build. Thank you for sharing yours. 

I overlooked that.   The original build that was built on the idea:  Someone is always dead in hard-mode, so I was aiming for 65 ranged defense with vengeance, but also aiming for 168 global recharge. ... and this fell short of both marks.

9 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

Does anyone have suggestions what to pair with /Arsenal Assault?  I have a Arsenal/Traps controller so I'm looking for something besides the Arsenal primary to pair with /Ars. assault.

Is a good resource to use. 

I tried arsenal on beta. It was ok but very endurance heavy, thought that can be a dominator thing. Usually I can get a handle on my dominators endurance. 

been playing in live and I feel it plays way better. It’s a real fun set imo. 

still got to figure out endurance 

On 2/26/2024 at 3:46 PM, Linea said:

Arsenal Arsenal Dom - Foxhound 6.4c ITF - Ranged Dampener - [i27.7](1).mbd 57.33 kB · 28 downloads Arsenal Arsenal Dom - Malinois 1c - [i27.7].mbd 50.47 kB · 16 downloads

Is it possible to have a similar build with Buckshot and Ignite instead of having to run up with Elbow Strike and the anemic Trip Mine or no?  Or perhaps ranged epics/patrons

Edited by JayboH

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

most likely.   just play around with it.  I'm too busy IRL to do any play-testing.  It's all just a matter of what fits for you.

I really wish they'd fix the domination issues, this is a long standing issue with other powers and sets, as well.

And maybe wiggle the endurance knob a bit from what I'm hearing.