Regen Brute

Architect01

4 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

When are you usually available? I don't mind making time to meet up in game in the future and we can run whatever tests you'd like.

I should be on tonight, on excelsior but also open beta if that would be easier. Tonight probably after 9 eastern. 

Just now, Infinitum said:

I should be on tonight, on excelsior but also open beta if that would be easier. Tonight probably after 9 eastern. 

Hmm. I'll PM you further so we aren't clogging up the thread.

• Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Some example regen broot builds made it in the Tanker forum.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 3/4/2024 at 11:53 PM, Architect01 said:

I was thinking for primary either Katana or Martial Arts for the def boost.

Regen brutes can work very well indeed, if you like the playstyle.  To your point above, I've got both a staff/regen and a broadsword/regen at 50, and they are at least as well equipped to handle +4/x8 material as any of my other builds.

In general, I like to have an "oh shit" power on my melee characters, in case things go pear-shaped.  Frankly, by endgame it should *all* be pear-shaped.  But for regen, we don't call them "oh shit" powers; we just call them powers.  Moment of Glory and Instant Healing (and Dull Pain to a lesser extent) are inherent to the set.  I always want to add something else in there on top of that, like Shadow Meld on a scrapper, or Darkest Night on a brute, or Unleash Potential on anything, and that's even before incarnates.  Being able to swap between Moment of Glory and Instant Healing and Unleash Potential, with Darkest Night running on your anchor, should keep you pretty much unkillable if you are paying attention and watching timers.

EDIT:  Willpower is a great set until things go pear-shaped, but like I said, for me it's always pear-shaped so its inherent oh shit power in Strength of Will is rarely useful to me in terms of surviving.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata

Who run Bartertown?

Regen can be done as ice melee. With the slows and knockdowns, Regen has time to do it's thing.

I tested a tricked out 50 on test against 4/8 radio mission with Carnies, CoT and Council and never had to use the big heals.

Not too sure how it would level though.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 10:53 PM, Architect01 said:

I want to make a Regeneration brute.  I used to have a Dark Melee/Regeneration scrapper back in the day that I liked, but that was when Instant Healing was a toggle.  So all my knowledge of Regeneration is very old.

Could any of you fine folks help me out with a build?  I'm still not too sure how to make builds with all the ATOs and all the sets and whatnot.  Any help is appreciated.  Here is a rough outline of what I'd want.  I'm not firm on Energy Mastery or anything.  Also, is Crane Kick bad?  No idea.  Thanks in advance.

Also am I missing something?  I can't add more slots to powers?  Nevermind, I was in Totals, and you can't add anything while looking at that tab.

Brute (Martial Arts - Regeneration) V0.1.mbd 14.28 kB · 16 downloads

I feel a little bad for hijacking the thread slightly, so I took some time to dig through my garbage heap and I found an MA/Regen build!

maregen.thumb.png.31ec74ba204174f66abf4d8748f3a085.png

Brute (Martial Arts - Regeneration).mbd

Yes, building can be complicated, and Regen is for sure a complicated beast. The name Regeneration can be misleading. Regeneration is not about Regenerating! It's about juggling active mitigation options to dynamically deal with incoming damage. Thankfully, my approach can take a lot of the guesswork out of combat and reduce the amount of tools you need to worry about by a ton!

Dull Pain is something you should strive to have active at all times. It nearly doubles your Max HP. This is extremely important as healing is scalar, so having more HP means you get healed more! As for mitigation tools, using Rune of Protection and Instant Healing together will make you so tough against incoming damage, you might forget that you're supposed to be made of paper! Melee Core Hybrid also has a similar effect when you reach 50, so you should totally juggle these activations! Use Moment of Glory (and Barrier at 50) to absorb alpha strikes. When played well, there are so few things in the game that can take you down! And if they do? Well just get back up then, silly!

As for the MA side of things, it pretty much drives itself. I'm pretty positive with this build, you can do Crippling Axe Kick -> Storm Kick -> Cobra Strike -> Crane Kick -> Storm Kick. For AoE, just pepper in Dragons Tail whenever it's up!

Regen is definitely a difficult set to progress through the game with, but at 50 with full gear, it's one of the strongest armors available in the game, provided the driver has a good head on their shoulders.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

On 3/4/2024 at 11:53 PM, Architect01 said:

I want to make a Regeneration brute.  I used to have a Dark Melee/Regeneration scrapper back in the day that I liked, but that was when Instant Healing was a toggle.  So all my knowledge of Regeneration is very old.

Could any of you fine folks help me out with a build?  I'm still not too sure how to make builds with all the ATOs and all the sets and whatnot.  Any help is appreciated.  Here is a rough outline of what I'd want.  I'm not firm on Energy Mastery or anything.  Also, is Crane Kick bad?  No idea.  Thanks in advance.

Also am I missing something?  I can't add more slots to powers?  Nevermind, I was in Totals, and you can't add anything while looking at that tab.

Brute (Martial Arts - Regeneration) V0.1.mbd 14.28 kB · 16 downloads

if you want the best regen build and player I have ever come across - take a look at the post above- Betty was able to do things that I honestly didn't think was possible with regen.  Saw it first hand.

Having said that, it will take some practice to play it as effectively as Betty did, timing, targeting, power rotation is very key here from my observations.  We were in a +4/8 ITF just duo - and Betty managed to keep going through just about everything we came across.

I cant stress the skill aspect of it enough, if you are looking for a Ron Popeil set it and forget it armor set, regen will not be for you, but I have upgraded my assessment to doable now from hell no  lol

I still think regen needs some buffs thrown at it, starting with some form of debuff resistance, because it should be on a level playing field with the other sets - and it currently is not - but having said that - I totally understand people sticking up for Regen as is - it is a very niche set, that is not a beginner level playstyle - and anyone that can pull it off should be proud and go to the mattresses.

Well done Betty!

• Moose 1

4 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

if you want the best regen build and player I have ever come across - take a look at the post above- Betty was able to do things that I honestly didn't think was possible with regen.  Saw it first hand.

Having said that, it will take some practice to play it as effectively as Betty did, timing, targeting, power rotation is very key here from my observations.  We were in a +4/8 ITF just duo - and Betty managed to keep going through just about everything we came across.

I cant stress the skill aspect of it enough, if you are looking for a Ron Popeil set it and forget it armor set, regen will not be for you, but I have upgraded my assessment to doable now from hell no  lol

I still think regen needs some buffs thrown at it, starting with some form of debuff resistance, because it should be on a level playing field with the other sets - and it currently is not - but having said that - I totally understand people sticking up for Regen as is - it is a very niche set, that is not a beginner level playstyle - and anyone that can pull it off should be proud and go to the mattresses.

Well done Betty!

Thanks so much! I appreciate the praise!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Thanks so much! I appreciate the praise!

note to anyone watching this thread - don't ever follow Betty into AE if  "hey can i show you something".... lol   nah that was fun too - if you ever want to stress test your builds for durability check out their AE missions too.

image.png.d22862ca10e7dd03c325dcb4b089b7c8.png

• Haha 2
  • Moose 1

1 hour ago, Infinitum said:

I have upgraded my assessment to doable now from hell no  lol

good job @Spaghetti Betty

• Moose 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

9 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Well done Betty!

Great example. I think the same can be said about Dark Armor. It has fear, thats in contradiction with its dmg aura, and it got a stun on top of that and a stealth and heal, and it seems like it wants to do EVERYTHING. With that said, in the right hands you become next to immortal (I could summon Snark to the conversation 😄 and he won't stop ranting about it) 

3 hours ago, Project said:

Great example. I think the same can be said about Dark Armor. It has fear, thats in contradiction with its dmg aura, and it got a stun on top of that and a stealth and heal, and it seems like it wants to do EVERYTHING. With that said, in the right hands you become next to immortal (I could summon Snark to the conversation 😄 and he won't stop ranting about it) 

It's daylight. He won't be out yet anyway. 

I think the biggest problem to overcome with regen is you have no choice but to go outside the set to make it do what it needs to do to survive.  It isn't remotely as viable as the other sets within itself - And it's isn't as cut and dry as get tough and Weave.  I never thought about alternating Rune and Melee Core - also going to try with unleash potential in that mix to see if I can stabilize it further. 

I tried loooots of stuff though to make it work and got close a few times but never quite where I was satisfied with it. 

Going to play around with it the rest of the week to see what I can come up with now. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later

Howdy

Dark Melee Regen Brute has great synergy.

Acc debuff from almost all Dark Melee

Dark melee has Self Heals and attack that heals

Recharge needed- hasten from speed and adrenal boost from experimentation must haves and when added to Ageless incarnate with this will give almost perma MOG, and both perma instant heal and perma dull pain.

Focus on any power and enhancement that increases defense and the acc debuffs from Dark Melee have great synergy.

Focus on any power and enhancement that increases your Brute  Health/Hit Points and regen. Your regen and hit points numbers will get crazy.

Any power that takes end mod sets should have the self heal proc in it. Energy Epic does this and increases HP and Regen.

I run Hami raids on the yellow team with out EOE's. Even on a double bloom.

Thanks

Edited by majorshultz
new info
  • Like 1

My scrapper in the ages long past was MA/Regen. It took work to get her to a good place, but I was pretty happy with her once I got her there! I haven't played the set on Homecoming. What I remember is Reconstruction (the single shot instant heal) was basically pissing in the wind most of the time and a lot of the rest was about getting at least some minimal baseline mit from other sources and competently rotating your other clicks, not over stacking them. I think I skipped the rez. I would be curious to see how it works on a brute here on Homecoming.

• 2 weeks later
On 4/3/2024 at 11:19 AM, majorshultz said:

Howdy

Dark Melee Regen Brute has great synergy.

Acc debuff from almost all Dark Melee

Dark melee has Self Heals and attack that heals

Recharge needed- hasten from speed and adrenal boost from experimentation must haves and when added to Ageless incarnate with this will give almost perma MOG, and both perma instant heal and perma dull pain.

Focus on any power and enhancement that increases defense and the acc debuffs from Dark Melee have great synergy.

Focus on any power and enhancement that increases your Brute  Health/Hit Points and regen. Your regen and hit points numbers will get crazy.

Any power that takes end mod sets should have the self heal proc in it. Energy Epic does this and increases HP and Regen.

I run Hami raids on the yellow team with out EOE's. Even on a double bloom.

Thanks

Will power is very good, end game regen brute can be amazing.