A Tale of Two Pugs

On my new Fire Fire Blaster last couple days.  The plan was to do all Gold and then Ouro blue red badges 1-20.  But I forgot to turn off exp after doing all 1-9...   So i levelled him to 20 and stopped ecperience.  Then i badged all Red 1-9, including the Ouro badge challenges.  Then Blue 1-9.  

Then i respec'd the thing to be at peak for 14-15 content.  enhancers are at about .65 value 20 down to 14, and .7 20 down to 15.  i micromanage this crap because to me it is fun.  I rand 4 DFBs, then got lucky and on a variety of teams got 4 DIBs.  I love those cheesy buffs.  Was feeling good about my project.  Time to test the puggish waters.  Caught a SBB and got all the badges in one run.  big grin.  

Then i joined a Posi 1.  Just a standard Posi 1 ad.  PUG.  We started and i realize my plan is off.  Level 8...   I think i asked "why are we Fing level 8?    response, because leader is 8.  funny.  chill.  I was like, okay.  odd but okay.  3 missions in, still level 8.  I ask, is this some odd experiment?  "This is great because the end fights are easier at level 8!"  I mentioned there was a bug and Doc Buzzsaw can show up level 15.  Might have been fixed, I dont know.  Leader "if you do not like it F....... leave"  I left.

Joined a PUG Posi 2, and it went well.  So i started my own Posi 1.  Which went well, a little loose on the team cohesion, but going pretty good.  We get to the last mission.  i type out my longest statement ever "Please do not go near the 4th hero until we clean around the city hall steps"   6 of us can read.  That is good numbers in any population, 75%   then one peeled off to try to save the idiots freeing the 4th hero.  While i say. 'please. stop. don't"  There were deaths.  Mine, of course, fire blaster. 

We get inside City Hall. Me "ignore anything I say and charge in all directions, and GO"  They did one better and ranged both groups so they charged the front door.  It was glorious mayhem.

We make it to the shadow simulcrum fight.  I got 2 big red inspirations, one medium, and 3 med blue,  I checked my email items.  One lg team orange.  I grabbed that popped it, popped the reds, and charged forward like a Tank, aim build up AoE and down i went.  Now, i did a helluva lot of damage in that charge.  I may have dropped at least one.  The team finished at least 3-4 of them.  Then they started dying.  

i turned the blue into a wakie.  got up, aim build up, killed a shadow firing everything.  Then helped someone finish off a mage.  Oh, during this time they somehow managed to piss off the room of mages.  Because.... why the hell not.  We finished another shadow, then i blasted what little was left in the mage room.  33 minutes.  It was stupid fun.  I think i will enjoy Fire blasting...

image.thumb.png.36c86316651d940ec20a17d078daf133.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

"ignore anything I say and charge in all directions, and GO"

Way ahead of you!

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I had a proper carnage Posi 1 yesterday. We were pretty much all lowbies. We had little support, just one Mind / Storm. I joined last on my baby Shield / BA Tank (so decent Def, crap resists, still poor DDR and no AoE at all, other than Taunt). I did offer to switch but the TF started so I went with it. 

Utter carnage. The CoT were obviously stripping our defenses to nothing as were the zombie bosses. Many, many deaths. Worst of all the TF was started at +2 and even though the leader dropped the level it seemed not to take effect (finished one mish, started the next and things were still level 17). Confirmed myself after the 1st that it was +0/0 yet no difference. 

In fairness we gave it a good go, no-one was being nasty about it but we were mostly the appropriate levels so not greatly slotted out and the lack of defensive support really hurt. After the 3rd mission (the Vas one in the office with the ambushes which were +2) we called it a night. 

My own personal note to self is "If I think I'll need to switch to another character I need to be more forceful with the team leader because I know what a pain Posi 1 can be"

But like I said even though the TF was a disaster the team were pretty chill about it both during and after, we were all trying to problem solve it and there were no recriminations, so no hard feelings (and I still made 6 levels). 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

On my new Fire Fire Blaster last couple days.

I thought vampires had a thing about fire.

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

We get inside City Hall. Me "ignore anything I say and charge in all directions, and GO"

This is what we need more of.  PUG leaders who give realistic instructions.

"Stay away from the front door until we clear the area."  LOL AS IF.

"Run around like a pack of brainless idiots."  We're on it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, Ironblade said:

I thought vampires had a thing about fire.

This is what we need more of.  PUG leaders who give realistic instructions.

"Stay away from the front door until we clear the area."  LOL AS IF.

"Run around like a pack of brainless idiots."  We're on it.

New alt....Snarkistopheles

• Like 1

Paradoxically doing Posi 1 at level 8 turns it into a breeze. CoT that spawn don't have the huge +defense bubble nor do Earthquakes which are the main reason of death in Posi 1. Unfortunately for Posi 2 we have the bubbles and the Earthquakes.

And you'll always be level 8 until finishing the TF because your level does not budge after having started, nothing to be done there. Doc Buzzsaw has been (thankfully) fixed a long time back to spawn at the appropriate level.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Paradoxically doing Posi 1 at level 8 turns it into a breeze. CoT that spawn don't have the huge +defense bubble nor do Earthquakes which are the main reason of death in Posi 1. Unfortunately for Posi 2 we have the bubbles and the Earthquakes.

And you'll always be level 8 until finishing the TF because your level does not budge after having started, nothing to be done there. Doc Buzzsaw has been (thankfully) fixed a long time back to spawn at the appropriate level.

and if they had said anything about the tactic before hand... i would have bowed out before we began.  I expected, like 99% of all TF on Excelsior, to run at top TF level.