Mostly good PUGs lately….

I know, I know….  Just jinxing the crap outta myself.  Next gaming session will be tragic.  

So, much like the old tootsie pop commercial I was slow leveling a Fire Fire Blaster…then rampaged to 50.   Now, my preferred method to level is to do every TF in (last available) level order.  Red, Blue and Trials. This run I missed a Hess, a Dr Q (not unusual), a Treespec 2, a Sutter, and a Mort Kal.  Some were slightly out of order because if someone else is forming an Ice Mistral or a Respec Trial you just jump on it.  I formed probably a little over half.  Taking first seven to send me tells. 

The posi 1 was a crapshow, and I wrote a bit about that.  Everything else was good. There were some comical mistakes.  On my part, as well as random teammates.  Not sure why a Posi 1 is batshit crazy half the time.  I want to say some people just run low level toons and never learn.  But if they run low level they would know Posi.  So maybe they just hang out on steroid 50s???   No idea. 

But it was a very comfortable experience.  I knocked out 1/2 of Gold and almost all before 20 badge content before taking off the brakes and installing a rocket motor.

I am starting to get the feel for Fire Blaster.  It is an ambush predator.  You just look at a group, size it up. If you can kill everyone there or 95% of them….   Just walk up to them and Blast. No apologies.  If you cannot…. Wait for something to change the odds, distract, or find a way to pick part of them off without agro from everyone.  There is no fall back once you commit.  Just keep blasting until the spawn is down or you are.  

Funniest exchange of all my pugs this run. (Besides the crap posi i wrote about in tale of two task forces) was in a Terra Volta Trial.  

Me; “can i ask why you keeo teleporting those mobs out of the giant damage patches i lay down?  Serious question.”

Mad Wormhole Abuser: “what?”

Me: “i was just thinking you may be a SkyRaider double Agent, because you seem to be helping them.”

Mad Wormhole Abuser: “no lol. It stuns them.  You can totally see the effect of me casting it”. 

Me….(to myself)…does this guy really think i am parsing out particle effects from different abilities to read combat situations?  Really? 

Me (typed back) “so, you know you can teleport them back to the exact same position, right? So you do not screw up your teammates AoEs…”

Mad Wormhole Abuser. “Alright Snarky.  Just for you.”   

I swear.  One time, fresh spawn, I went in, Aim, Buildup, Point Blank Nuke… wait, where the F.  Oh…fifty feet over there.  Huh….  Well,  guess i will wander down to the reactor and do some defending down there.  They probably going to be angry when they shake that stun off…

• Haha 2

This is why I hate Fold Space, it almost always happens to me too when I'm on a team with someone who took that.  Look folks, save it for your farm, don't use it when teaming unless you've talked about it at the very least; best to just not.

• Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

I have fold space six slotted for knock-back.

Edit: No, I don't. I have wormhole confused with Fold Space.

I wanted to believe!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

This is why I hate Fold Space, it almost always happens to me too when I'm on a team with someone who took that.  Look folks, save it for your farm, don't use it when teaming unless you've talked about it at the very least; best to just not.

I love Fold Space / Warshade version. But I only use it standing next to the Tank (or I am the Tank). I did accidently murder a Willpower Brute with it one day (in my defense my Warshade was the team tank and they were skipping ahead). 

My Ice/Traps/Sorcery controller has it but it's for soloing (I mean it's Traps, half that set is "I'll only get use for this solo")

But I don't mind bad FS or Wormholes any more than Knockbots or Stormies who haven't learnt about kb2kd IOs yet (or ControllerCageSpammers). It's a PuG. Crap like that happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, I do have a Grav/Time on Excel with Fold Space...

Anyway, yea, these powers do need to be used properly.

My fire/fire/fire blaster on live while one of my teammates was setting up some stuff and asking us to wait "Bored Now"   (This was on team speak)

Ambush predator was the thing.  Back when Kora fruit harvesting gave you Large inspirations, phase shift lasted as long as you had endurance, and target limits weren't a thing, I'd go Kora harvesting by pissing off all the Rularuu while phased, get them close and blow them up.   This didn't always work, but that's why RotP existed...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

Make a gravity controller with wormhole AND fold space!

I don't like @Snarky so much that I'd sacrifice my attack chain for him.  Making his pointy-eared head explode every 22 seconds (3.168s animation + ~19s recharge) would be enough.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Almost a full week ago, I was running content on gold side and we had some crazy, yet brilliant use of fold space. Someone lays out tar patch, and the other player uses fold space to move the mobs right into the Tar Patch, and then I'd drop whirl pool in the same spot and we'd all mash buttons until they were dead. 

Fold space has a place in this game. But, the folks that use it have to be smarter than me. I've got a couple of characters with it, but the main place I want to use it - during MSRs, it never works. The main user of it is my fire/ice tank. When they're ported, they're in an almost a perfect cone for Frost. 

I know there are players who use Fold Space far more effectively than I ever will. Like yanking weakened Hami out of the goo in Lady Grey. I would have never thought of it. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Almost a full week ago, I was running content on gold side and we had some crazy, yet brilliant use of fold space. Someone lays out tar patch, and the other player uses fold space to move the mobs right into the Tar Patch, and then I'd drop whirl pool in the same spot and we'd all mash buttons until they were dead. 

Fold space has a place in this game. But, the folks that use it have to be smarter than me. I've got a couple of characters with it, but the main place I want to use it - during MSRs, it never works. The main user of it is my fire/ice tank. When they're ported, they're in an almost a perfect cone for Frost. 

I know there are players who use Fold Space far more effectively than I ever will. Like yanking weakened Hami out of the goo in Lady Grey. I would have never thought of it. 

You're already using it better and more thoughtfully than most of the other people I've PUGed with.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝