Status Effect Protection for MMs

Hugs

I  was thinking the other night as I played my MM and being accosted by AOE Holds and what not, it came to me, if my mind is split among my pets, would it not be more difficult to use a status effect on me?

As I thought of it, I recollected that if  my pets are in defensive mode, any damage I take, would be shared with them. So if damage can be shared, why not the Status Effect?

Thus my proposal:

1) When pets are in defensive mode

2) The MM gets 1 point of Status Effect Protection per living pet (Since you can only spawn 6 pets, the limit would be 6)

It would be obvious that the status effect protection would vary as you have pets dying and re-spawned

A thought occurred to me, if despite the protection the MM falls pray to the status effect, so does all the pets as well simultaneously.

Any htoughts?

Sue

Except your MM is not defined as being a hive mind by the game. (You are free to do so for your character, but it does not work for all MMs.) And outside of AoE holds, even if your MM is held, your pets still fight. And if you are caught in an AoE hold that also catches your pets, as long as you are in Bodyguard Mode, the pets still protect you.

(Edit: While you can define your MM character as being a hive mind if you desire, the basic premise of the MM is a character that has authority over and so commands a group of underlings. No hive mind involved.)

Edited by Rudra

15 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

I  was thinking the other night as I played my MM and being accosted by AOE Holds and what not, it came to me, if my mind is split among my pets, would it not be more difficult to use a status effect on me?

Nowhere is it stated that your "mind is split among your henchmen." Why would five random thugs, ninjas or soldiers have part of my mind when they can just take orders? Not to mention demons, robots or wild animals? Even if you want to say "oh, it's mind control," that's not implanting "part of your mind" - if anything, I'd argue it would make you *more* vulnerable. *shrugs*

(Mind you, I say this as the player of a character that has a schtick very like this - they were *designed* to be a mind-linked control unit for a squad of cloned infantry. And it led to interesting backstory and RP. But their mind *still* wasn't "split.")

You work for someone, or have in the past, I would assume, or know someone who did. Did your supervisor implant part of their mind into you, or did they (or the company in one form or another) get you trained and give you tasks to do? If you have a pet, is part of your mind implanted in your pet?

That aside, you already have options for status protection as a mastermind if you want them, depending on your secondary. (Even before getting into pool powers, Incarnate powers or slotting.)

Honestly, if any ATs were given status resistance as being a part of a hive/combined mind, it'd be Kheldians. They are, after all, a fusion of two beings.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

What you want to do is take Clarion when you have access to your Destiny Slot. I know that means you need to give up Ageless, and MMs are End hogs, but Clarion will give you the status protect. That or keep a dozen Break Frees on hand.

Your pets continue to attack while you are mezzed, and continue to help mitigate damage to you while in Bodyguard mode, so you shouldn't have too much trouble. You can build up Mez protection with IO sets too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

Masterminds have henches and pets.  Henches and pets work whether the mastermind is mezzed or not.  That's why they don't have inherent status protection.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

26 minutes ago, biostem said:

Want status protection as a MM?  There's force field, sonic, traps, rune of protection, acrobatics/cj, clarion, or a few other power(sets) that I may have missed...

Electrical Affinity.  Trick Arrow as well to a degree, but it's not up enough to be permanent.

• Thumbs Up 1