Plague Tank

Doomlace

I’m trying to put together a plague tank concept. One that would have debuffs/dmg as you get closer to it. I was looks at Savage/Dark and Savage/Rad. I’m not very familiar with these combos but from what I’ve read so far they are pretty decent? Dark with its DOT/fear and Rad with a Procd out 30 hit PBAoE potential both sound fun. I would be open an other power sets if they fit thematically. 

Any ideas/builds would be appreciated. 

thank you. 

Edited by Doomlace

Not sure what would fit. Rad Armor, sure, then maybe Spines with all the toxic DoTs. Rad Melee with the damage aura.

Would it be too cheeky to suggest Fire Melee coloured green? 😄

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Agree with @Sovera though I'd lean towards Rad/Rad rather than Spines.   It will be more visually "plaguey" (if I can use that word) with Rad Armor's glowy/smoky aura layered on top with Rad Melee's Irradiated Ground patches being dropped every 5 seconds and your AoEs spreading "Contamination" effects as well.   Normally, I think Rad Armor's VFX are kind of over the top and try to minimize their visibility with color choices, but in your case you'll want to showcase them.  You might find Dark Radiation color customizations more suggestive of your plague concept.

Best would be to spin up a 50 on test server and play with it to see what it looks like with all its powers turned on.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I do have a spines/fire and rad/fire so I would like to do something different. I also would like to play lesser used powers. Which is why I was leaning towards Savage. 

"Plague" refers to biological contamination (bacterial or insectoid), so I'd recommend Bio.  Evolving Armor "infects nearby enemies, lowering their resistance".  DNA Siphon "siphons genetic material from nearby enemies".  Genetic Contamination "breaks down the genetic material of your foes with a powerful toxin".  And the coup de grace is Parasitic Aura..."release a cloud of parasites".  Damn plaguey to me...

• Like 3
  • Microphone 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Gotta say that Rad/Savage is one of my favorite built-up toons. The opening salvo of Leap/full stack Flurry/procced RT/procced GZ with Tanker radius and target caps is a dopamine rush that never gets old. Also a firehose of endurance, more so than any combo I've played. 

Bio armor naturally fits the theme for sure, so would Rad with the right costume and coloring. Blood stacks support long- recharge clicks coming back faster, so Savage is great for both. I find that both Rad and Bio are a tich underwhelming until they are IOed. Bio loses some performance without a big group of foes and dead bodies, where I find Rad to be more stable. 

Edit: plague doc masks with hooks and Savage melee would be pretty awesome lol

Edited by Grimm2

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

Would it be too cheeky to suggest Fire Melee coloured green? 😄

It's never wrong to suggest Fiery Melee!

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

2 hours ago, Warboss said:

It's never wrong to suggest Fiery Melee!

*turns off the police scanner*

"Okay gang, we gotta rescue this next hostage from a gunpowder factory!"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ZemX said:

*turns off the police scanner*

"Okay gang, we gotta rescue this next hostage from a gunpowder factory!"

Nope, not seeing any issue here...

• Banjo 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

8 hours ago, Doomlace said:

I also would like to play lesser used powers.

Bio/KinMelee or SR/KinMelee, haven't see many (if any of those around).

If you want a build challenge try Dark/Rad, Dark/Stone, Dark/TW, or Dark/Axe.

You could use colors and affects to make the sets look "plaguey"

• Thumbs Up 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

54 minutes ago, Warboss said:

Because with Kin Melee you are waving your hands around in the air like you just don't care...

...just don't care that any other AT, including Defenders, will have finished off the target before your hit lands.

4 hours ago, Warboss said:

If you want a build challenge try Dark/Rad, Dark/Stone, Dark/TW, or Dark/Axe.

You could use colors and affects to make the sets look "plaguey"

Personally, I'd go Dark/*. 

Dark has a damage that looks very gaseous so could be coloured to imply a biological cloud. 

It also has a stun aura, again this could be the result of the infections coming off of you. 

The secondary could be any thing that fits with the concept, are they a non-dead knight etc. 

Have fun with whatever you choose. 

My plague character is bio/savage/leviathan .

Bio has the swirling infectious clouds around it, savage has the vermin attack leaving you bleeding, and leviathan has me vomiting all over my enemies in a huge cone .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Greldek said:

My plague character is bio/savage/leviathan .

Bio has the swirling infectious clouds around it, savage has the vermin attack leaving you bleeding, and leviathan has me vomiting all over my enemies in a huge cone .

After reading Bio armour, yeah agree with this.