Nemesis Invasion fail

So, i see a event start.  I head to zone.  On a 50 Dark Dark Corr

Someone forms a League.  I join.

I am putting down patches, setting up pets, planning GM fight.  Big league formed fast. We are already getting tons of fake Nemis.

Except... Someone is using a metric crapton of KB.  If I ran around and positioned myself I might get two peeps in a nuke.  All the Nemis have been scattered far and wide.  

I say "please no knockback"

response "honey KB is part of the game, you need to learn to play with it"

I am typing out a Snarky reply about enhancers, or perhaps self destructing

League leader teleports everyone. "we needed to move.  bad spot"

League member "We were fighting the GM"

This was all in the first 3-5 minutes of the league

I just quit.  Damn.  That is just a sad start.

• Haha 2
  • Banjo 1

57 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

You should have stuck around. I kicked that person, they were firing Ican every two minutes.

This is why "Promt Team Teleport" needs to be the default.  So many people don't have it on and complain about being teleported against their will.

• Banjo 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

14 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

This is why "Promt Team Teleport" needs to be the default.  So many people don't have it on and complain about being teleported against their will.

I think most players have the prompt on. The real problem was the knockback from the Ican. It was flinging mobs far away.

Interestingly, that stopped even though the player stayed around and was casting it. I guess the power has some anti-troll code.

You really only need the T1-T2 Ican which has no knock back.

• Banjo 1

1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Yes, it should be opt in by default. 

• Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

25 minutes ago, Snarky said:

they were spamming knockback incan in a league event....?  

pure troll.  glad i left.  the new Excelsior

Troll alert! - MMORPG.com Galleries

Welcome to every MMO in the world. It was only a matter of time till it came here.

I remember on live on Triumph we had a lot of random trolls some crap, and others fantastic during that time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

7 minutes ago, Snokle said:

Welcome to every MMO in the world. It was only a matter of time till it came here.

I remember on live on Triumph we had a lot of random trolls some crap, and others fantastic during that time.

I just love the response when I posted in league "please no knockback"

Basically "Deal with it"

Thats like being in a restaurant and asking for people not to sneeze with out covering their mouth.  Then the person sneezing puts both hands behind their back and sneezes again "hey, it's a natural thing.  deal with it."

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

2 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I just love the response when I posted in league "please no knockback"

Basically "Deal with it"

Thats like being in a restaurant and asking for people not to sneeze with out covering their mouth.  Then the person sneezing puts both hands behind their back and sneezes again "hey, it's a natural thing.  deal with it."

In various ways I agree, as people spreading toil and ruining others fun for their enjoyment is crap.

While 90% of the time KB does not bother me, a person spamming the power to cause problems not just the KB but the rampant TP. I would rather report and block, especially after "deal with it" response.

I think it is just the coming of the time now as our niche game now have public eyes and attention on it. We will get great people and horrible ones everywhere we go now. It will just be how we handle it.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

3 minutes ago, Snokle said:

In various ways I agree, as people spreading toil and ruining others fun for their enjoyment is crap.

While 90% of the time KB does not bother me, a person spamming the power to cause problems not just the KB but the rampant TP. I would rather report and block, especially after "deal with it" response.

I think it is just the coming of the time now as our niche game now have public eyes and attention on it. We will get great people and horrible ones everywhere we go now. It will just be how we handle it.

I was busy trying to organize the league, so I didn't realize what was happening for awhile. Until the 3rd Ican.

I did give two warning in league chat. Then kicked them. I mean their name is right there on the teleport prompt.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Which is probably the best thing to do @KaizenSoze, whenever I lead teams I usually gave a one or two point warning before a kick.

It is just now a unfortunate reality going forward now.

• Banjo 1

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

That would have gotten me to note the character and then be sure to be on their TFs doing passive aggressive trolling.

"Gee, how do you keep missing that buff!?"

• Haha 2
  • Banjo 1

I've been on a few nemesis events lately that were plagued by people setting off AOEs and fighting everything but Nemesis himself. Ever try and fight a 15 times vengenced GM?

• Haha 1
  • Finland 1

A question Re: Dark/Dark Corruptor and Knockback...

Does the AoE immobilize from Tenebrous Tentacles prevent Knockback?

Living Shadows (on my Dark/- Controller) prevents Knockback.

• Banjo 1

31 minutes ago, tidge said:

Tentacles do *not* prevent knockback.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.dark_blast.tenebrous_tentacles&at=blaster

• Banjo 1

they dont prevent it but immobs are supposed to mitigate it somewhat turning it into Knockdown while the target is immobilized 

• Banjo 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, tidge said:

In Torrent I 2 slot bombardment (acc/dam/rech, acc/dam/end/rech) and 4 slot Overwhelming force including the dam/kb->kd.  The build is heavily frankenslotted for +range.  

Range bonus is +45% pre alpha, +65% with alpha.

Edited by Snarky
  • Banjo 1

2 hours ago, catsi563 said:

they dont prevent it but immobs are supposed to mitigate it somewhat turning it into Knockdown while the target is immobilized 

This is what I'm getting at: I've observed that most critters immobilized are effectively prevented from being knocked back. I can't speak to the magnitude of knockback that might move them, just that when my AoE immobs are out, critters don't go flying.

On my Dark controller: I don't even see Knockdown happening. I have the O-Force piece slotted in the Umbral Beast, I only witness knockdown on critters missed by the immobilize.

• Banjo 1

4 hours ago, catsi563 said:

Immob powers do that if they're configured properly.  They need to give the mobs Immob'ed NOT KB Protection but just a lot of KB Resistance.  That way there's some KB, under 1, so it is shown as KD.  I think most Immob powers that should be recoded this way have been.  But a check of the Power in CoD2 can confirm.

• Banjo 1

On 4/10/2024 at 2:46 PM, Snarky said:

Except... Someone is using a metric crapton of KB.  If I ran around and positioned myself I might get two peeps in a nuke.  All the Nemis have been scattered far and wide.  

I say "please no knockback"

That is so ironic.  As someone whose main has long been an Energy/Energy blaster (it's all KB, baby), that is exactly the statement I'd give to the KB user.  Just 'cause a soldier can throw a grenade near his squad to eliminate an enemy doesn't mean he should.  And while KB doesn't kill teammates, it does, unchecked, damage the effectiveness of the team, including getting the squishies and newbies killed when you KB the goons to their formerly guarded position.   Know how to maneuver, including with AoE use.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

37 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Just 'cause a soldier can throw a grenade near his squad to eliminate an enemy doesn't mean he should.

773bceda-ebf4-4534-b8f6-8632cfe5e7eb_tex

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I have mixed feelings about this.

I'm  a big fan of KB as a great mitigator, as a player that typically plays squishy characters. It's a great tool to prevent me getting punched in the face by somebody with a big heavy punchintheface weapon. It's a very good way of keeping myself safe.

The issue is not really about the KB itself - it's the basic disrespect somebody who doesn't take the team's skills and powers into account and respects other play styles. I have little time for somebody who knowing uses powers that bork the team's capacity deliberately. Everyone with a big slice of KB has other powers to choose from and it's not necessary to spam AoE KBs constantly.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.