Tequila launcher not updating?

Voltor

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

It is recommended that users switch to the Official Homecoming Launcher. 

My Main PC runs HC Launcher, my older spare PC has troubles with it

25 alts with all the badges!

Tequila runs just fine for me. Opened it up and it just updated.

Edit: And scratch that. It failed at the end of the update while I was posting this.

Edited by Rudra

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Tequila runs just fine for me. Opened it up and it just updated.

just tried again, now it works.   Has not been updating since the server restart

EDIT spoke to soon: it downloaded then gave the following errors

Download error: homecoming.exe
Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-bin32/cityofheroes.exe
Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-bin32/intelhdhelper.dll
Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-bin64/cityofheroes.exe
Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-bin64/intelhdhelper.dll
Was unable to download file

Edited by Voltor

25 alts with all the badges!

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

Well to answer your specific question...

Screenshot_20240430_124532_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9076cfdcdceef97a20ee0bb7b8d9d655.jpg

That doesn't actually respond to what the post you quoted said. The cited post says that one of the player's PCs can't run the HC launcher, so swapping to it isn't exactly viable.

10 minutes ago, Voltor said:

just tried again, now it works.   Has not been updating since the server restart

EDIT spoke to soon: it downloaded then gave the following errors

Download error: homecoming.exe
Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-bin32/cityofheroes.exe
Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-bin32/intelhdhelper.dll
Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-bin64/cityofheroes.exe
Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-bin64/intelhdhelper.dll
Was unable to download file

I guess we're at the point where HC Launcher is the only choice any more and a suggestion to make it able to work on systems like yours is needed. I recommend going to the Homecoming Launcher forum and making a request.

6 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I guess we're at the point where HC Launcher is the only choice any more and a suggestion to make it able to work on systems like yours is needed. I recommend going to the Homecoming Launcher forum and making a request.

Ruda, the initial response was not to change launchers. It is definitely an option to switch, which may involve more than folks think in order to have everything work as someone wants.

"The patch manifest that unofficial launchers use lags behind our official launcher by a bit, you'll have to either switch to the official launcher or give it a bit of time to update."

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Just now, Troo said:

Ruda, the initial response was not to change launchers. It is definitely an option to switch, which may involve more than folks think in order to have everything work as someone wants.

"The patch manifest that unofficial launchers use lags behind our official launcher by a bit, you'll have to either switch to the official launcher or give it a bit of time to update."

Well, here's hoping Tequila is going to be updated. However, like @Voltor said, when I tried to run Tequila, it validated its files, downloaded the update, and then failed to update. So that tells me it isn't a matter of waiting for the Tequila update to be posted.

• City Council
1 hour ago, Voltor said:

My Main PC runs HC Launcher, my older spare PC has troubles with it

If you're having issues with installing the Homecoming Launcher, start a thread here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/103-homecoming-launcher/ Everyone should really be moving away from Tequila, it's been deprecated for a long time, Beta isn't available on it, and a number of settings are no longer being saved when launching from Tequila.

• Like 1

@Michiyo The tequila launcher eventually updated and works. fyi - I can get into open Betas with it just fine.

I'm sure folks will start to look into the new launcher. Maybe HC has a little little PR blitz planned for down the road (so long as it has moved past removing files from peoples computers).

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posted (edited)

"I'm sure folks will start to look into the new launcher. "

Just so that folks aren't misled, the Official Homecoming Launcher has been released for over three years now, so it's definitely not new.

"so long as it has moved past removing files from peoples computers)."

Just to clear up the misinformation, the Official Homecoming Launcher doesn't do that and that's not what Tequila does either. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

18 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

"I'm sure folks will start to look into the new launcher. "

Just so that folks aren't misled, the Official Homecoming Launcher has been released for over three years now, so it's definitely not new.

"so long as it has moved past removing files from peoples computers)."

Just to clear up the misinformation, the Official Homecoming Launcher doesn't do that and that's not what Tequila does either. 

Seconding this as even mod files aren't affected by game updates unless you directly put them overtop of the original files (as opposed to the /data folder). IIRC, Tequila has an installer that may even create registry files (Windows) and is more or less a standard app whereas the HC launcher (that's been around for Quite some time and even had some initial Hoopla) was designed to basically be portable (in Windows at least) in that you could take the whole directory, copy it to say an external drive, and then drop it to another computer with the ability to play it as if nothing happened (give or take hardware changes that affect things like GFX settings). When you install the HC Launcher (see my links), it even Looks for Tequila and asks (?) if you want to copy the files from it to the Launcher's directory (think upgrade).

• Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Replace Tequila with the Launcher

"Pull that band aid off now. You'll thank me for it later."

• Thumbs Up 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.