How to best slot Super Reflexes ??

SR is OP. 
TOs FTW.

(Slightly less sarcastic response: it might help if you gave us more information here on what is presumably a build request...? Otherwise - as a very rough guideline typically in each of the various +Def abilities I'd stick an attuned LOTG +7.5% Global Recharge IO [5 max] plus either 2x Red Fortunes, 3x Shield Walls or 3x Active Defenses [in the latter two cases, that's 2 regular 50+5s plus an attuned unique]. As the barest of minimums aim for 45% Defence to all three positions, and ideally 59% for incarnate content. SR has plenty of Defence Debuff Resistance  so you won't require much overcap and/or running Ageless Incarnate. It also grants scaling damage resistance as your health drops, so the higher your current HP is whenever you can hit the 75% Resistance cap the better...)

I'd plan for 5xLotG Defense/Recharge pieces, as well as a Kismet +ToHit in an Auto power.

I'd go deep enough into the Fighting pool to get Toughness, to use as a mule power for Gladiator's Armor *Def), Steadfast Protection (Def) and Unbreakable Guard (+MaxHP).

There are pretty much only two Enhancement set Bonuses I like from Defense sets, YMMV:

• 6x Reactive Defenses
  • 3x Shield Wall (and I pretty much only like this one because I can boost PVP sets to 50+5, and it has a nice Global)

Aside from attuned pieces of Reactive Defenses and the LotG Global Recharge piece, I am either using boosted Defense IOs (cheap!), boosted 50+5 pieces, or Hami-O/Dsyncs (if Endurance is a factor). Depending on other choices in the build, I would probably go 2x 50+5 Defense IOs in Dodge and call it done.

My recollection of SR is that it needs very few slots to have excellent positional defenses. Once any individual power is at the point of diminishing returns, use slots to get Enhancement set bonuses elsewhere to push the defense values.

SR has heaps of defense so I might lean on resistances to multiply the effect of the scaling resists. The amount of defense depends on the content you wish to run.

9 hours ago, tidge said:

I'd plan for 5xLotG Defense/Recharge pieces, as well as a Kismet +ToHit in an Auto power.

I'd go deep enough into the Fighting pool to get Toughness, to use as a mule power for Gladiator's Armor *Def), Steadfast Protection (Def) and Unbreakable Guard (+MaxHP).

There are pretty much only two Enhancement set Bonuses I like from Defense sets, YMMV:

• 6x Reactive Defenses
  • 3x Shield Wall (and I pretty much only like this one because I can boost PVP sets to 50+5, and it has a nice Global)

Aside from attuned pieces of Reactive Defenses and the LotG Global Recharge piece, I am either using boosted Defense IOs (cheap!), boosted 50+5 pieces, or Hami-O/Dsyncs (if Endurance is a factor). Depending on other choices in the build, I would probably go 2x 50+5 Defense IOs in Dodge and call it done.

My recollection of SR is that it needs very few slots to have excellent positional defenses. Once any individual power is at the point of diminishing returns, use slots to get Enhancement set bonuses elsewhere to push the defense values.

@tidge has a lot of good points.

For Shield Wall, I love to get them to the 4-set bonus, +4.5% EN Res.  In the following MA/SR build, I took the 4 Shield Wall sets (it needed Weave too) to 1x 4-set and 3x 5-set to also get 3x +2.5% Damage (overall the build gets +21.5% Damage).

Scrapper MA-SR.20240415.SoulM Infiltration TT Weave Presence [i27p7[ @Jacke - Jacke Bruce.mbd

More info on this example: For Martial Arts, I dislike Eagles Claw on all ATs, so I only take 5 Powers from it:

• Storm Kick, Cobra Strike, Crane Kick (don't worry about the KB, just try to use it as a finisher or just run after the mob to hit it again!), Crippling Axe Kick, and Dragon's Tail.

For Super Reflexes, I also take 8 Powers, just skipping the T9 Elude which isn't really needed on a good build.  The 3 Passives are vital to get for the scaling Resists (against all but Psi) as HP sinks.  Important to also take the Shield Wall and Reactive Defenses specials to add more Resists.  And more Resist IO set bonuses to have a good Resist base for the scaling Resists to build upon.  This way the hits that slip past the Defenses don't chip the Scrapper to death.

Just make sure ddr is at 95%. Requires a few slots in the passives. 45% to m/r/a. 

you can spend time adding resists and hp or regen. You won’t need it really. Sr just lives. Doesn’t hurt to add those after dps goals are achieved. Sr leaves a lot of room for recharge and procs. 

any particular build you wanna post I’ll look at if you want. 

my latest SR is slotted like this 

5 Slots with LOTG - in order to get to 50% S/L resistance 

Focused Fighting 

Focused Senses 

Evasion 

Weave

Combat Jumping

2 slots with 50+5 IOs 

Dodge

Agility

Lucky

6 slots, including 3 for Uniques (2 3% defense, 1 7.5% HP) 

Tough 

3 slots Emergency/IO unique mule

Elude (2 resist Ios, kismet) 

• 2 weeks later
On 4/30/2024 at 11:37 PM, smnolimits43 said:

I think the Title says it all.  How would you slot SR ???

Thanks in advance 🙂

Focused Fighting:

Shield Wall - Def/End

Shield Wall - Def

Shield Wall - Def/End/Rech

Shield Wall - +5% Res

Luck of the Gambler - +7.5% Rech

Focused Senses:

Shield Wall - Def/End

Shield Wall - Def

Shield Wall - Def/Rech

Agile:

Luck of the Gambler - Def

Practiced Brawler:

Rech IO

Dodge:

Quickness:

Run Speed IO

Lucky:

Evasion:

Shield Wall - Def/End

Shield Wall - Def

Shield Wall - Def/Rech

Elude:

(don't take)

Also, for what it's worth...

Combat Jumping:

Kismet - +6% Acc

Tough:

Unbreakable Guard - End/Res

Unbreakable Guard - Res

Unbreakable Guard - End/Res/Rech

Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Steadfast Protection - +3% Def

Gladiator's Armor - +3% Def

Weave:

Full set (all 6) of Reactive Defenses

As God as my witness, I believed pvp io's were all unique until this moment.  I was operating with the idea  that a full set of Shield Wall could only go into one power and that was it.

I am ashamed.

2 minutes ago, Aracknight said:

As God as my witness, I believed pvp io's were all unique until this moment.  I was operating with the idea  that a full set of Shield Wall could only go into one power and that was it.

I am ashamed.

lol - trust me, I make bigger (and more foolish) assumptions on a daily basis. Just the one unique is... well, unique.

2 minutes ago, Story Archer said:

lol - trust me, I make bigger (and more foolish) assumptions on a daily basis. Just the one unique is... well, unique.

Thanks, that helps.

Pvp ios do work like purples in other ways tho, right?  Specifically that their set bonuses are available at all levels so its better to +5 them than attune them, right?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aracknight said:

Thanks, that helps.

Pvp ios do work like purples in other ways tho, right?  Specifically that their set bonuses are available at all levels so its better to +5 them than attune them, right?

Yes, but only kinda. ED is still a thing.

On 5/17/2024 at 5:45 PM, Story Archer said:

Also, for what it's worth...

Combat Jumping:

Kismet - +6% Acc

Tough:

Unbreakable Guard - End/Res

Unbreakable Guard - Res

Unbreakable Guard - End/Res/Rech

Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Steadfast Protection - +3% Def

Gladiator's Armor - +3% Def

A couple of nits to pick:

If the Kismet piece is going to be used, I suggest putting it in the first Auto power taken, so probably Agile. I don't know why it would be put in a toggle, except possibly force of habit. The +ToHit only works if the power is toggled on (or in an auto).

I generally like the 4xUnbreakable Guard bonuses, but for SR I think you could probably stop after 2 pieces. With the other slotting I suspect Melee is well above the non-incarnate softcap, and probably pushing the incarnate softcap. It won't be as if DDR is that big of a concern.

56 minutes ago, tidge said:

A couple of nits to pick:

If the Kismet piece is going to be used, I suggest putting it in the first Auto power taken, so probably Agile. I don't know why it would be put in a toggle, except possibly force of habit. The +ToHit only works if the power is toggled on (or in an auto).

I generally like the 4xUnbreakable Guard bonuses, but for SR I think you could probably stop after 2 pieces. With the other slotting I suspect Melee is well above the non-incarnate softcap, and probably pushing the incarnate softcap. It won't be as if DDR is that big of a concern.

I'd go with Titanium Coatings for more resistances all around. The other sets just add more defenses that SR should not be hurting for.

I can see that, but there aren't many places in a SR build to add resistance pieces. I'd prioritize the +MaxHP piece, so getting some Endurance help from 2x Unbreakable Guard is one of my default choices.

• Like 1