The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Vulnerability...

Xaddy

The detailed info suggests this recharges after 5 seconds. But sometimes, despite not being debuffed in any fashion at all, after a couple of uses, it won't recharge until 20-30 seconds - and then I see this red circle around it. 

Is it just a limiter because the debuff is very good? What's going on here? 
image.png.bce2c2c4a719e5786463376a104c6eed.png

Vulnerability requires 50 Opportunity to activate.  If you don't have at least 50 Opportunity (half a bar), you can't use it.  The red circle appears when the Opportunity bar is full.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Oh..I never even saw a bar. Didn't know it existed, never played a Sentinel before. 
Seems like that info should have been in the detailed tab or even the generic info part...something somewhere. 

Thanks. Now I just have to figure out how this "opportunity" builds up. 

10 minutes ago, Xaddy said:

Now I just have to figure out how this "opportunity" builds up. 

It's not like Domination or Fury, you don't do anything to build it, it automatically charges up at 1.67 points per second (0-100 in 1 minute).  One of the sentinel ATOs is an Opportunity proc that grants a small amount of Opportunity (7.5 for the regular, 10 for the Superior) when it triggers (low proc rate, though).  Nothing else increases the rate of Opportunity gain, but on the other hand, nothing decreases the rate of gain.  Activate it on a target, kick butt for 15s.  You can do that 3 times in a row, or keep the debuff on a single target for 45s continuously, before you don't have enough Opportunity to use Vulnerability again (but you will in another 15s).

Vulnerability also has no animation time, so however quickly you can move your finger back to the attack keys is however long it takes to use it.

Slowly figuring it out, thanks. I have made the suggestion that this info be in the game as there are more than a few folks who have started to play after the patch notes where this was added. 

One more thing: the Opportunity bar doesn't have to be full to use Vulnerability.  As long as you have at least 50 Opportunity (the Vulnerability icon in the power tray is solid, not translucent), you can use Vulnerability.  The red ring is just there to indicate that Opportunity is at 100.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wRECk69 said:

That page is out of date and describes the old version of Opportunity.  The current version can be used at will as long as you have enough of the meter and isn't dependent on your T1 or T2 powers anymore.

The current version when used applies a 15% debuff to Resistance and Defense, and reduces resistances to debuffs by 15% as well.  It's been a bit help with my new Elec Sentinel since I can easily flatline the affected target's blue bar with Short Circuit or repeated attacks.  There's no longer an Energy damage proc or a HP/End restored proc.

• Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I don't think anyone mentioned it's best attribute, which is that it is unresistable. The value is a little low, but it'll always do what it says it does. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Grimm2 said:

I don't think anyone mentioned it's best attribute, which is that it is unresistable. The value is a little low, but it'll always do what it says it does. 

Correction: It is resistible, but it does ignore purple patch (important distinction). 

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=inherent.inherent.vulnerability&at=sentinel

The ignores resistance tag is a red circle with a white exclamation mark, which we only see attached to the parts of the power that lock out the user from using the power on a target already affected by Vulnerability (no stacking allowed) and subtracting some "rage" from the user. 

Edited by FupDup
  • Like 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

1 hour ago, FupDup said:

Correction: It is resistible, but it does ignore purple patch (important distinction). 

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=inherent.inherent.vulnerability&at=sentinel

The ignores resistance tag is a red circle with a white exclamation mark, which we only see attached to the parts of the power that lock out the user from using the power on a target already affected by Vulnerability (no stacking allowed) and subtracting some "rage" from the user. 

Dang! Thanks for correcting me. So its strength won't be reduced by higher- con foes, but higher resists will cut its effective contribution. 

On 5/11/2024 at 7:25 PM, Grimm2 said:

Dang! Thanks for correcting me. So its strength won't be reduced by higher- con foes, but higher resists will cut its effective contribution. 

Sort of.

The way a 15% resistance debuff works is that it always* provides 15% more damage to opponents.

So like, take a completely non-resistant opponent.  Your 15% damage resistance debuff lowers their resistance to -15%.  An attack that does 100 damage base now does 115 damage -- 15% more than before the resistance debuff.

Now take an opponent with 90% resistance.  Your 15% damage resistance debuff is itself 90% resisted, so only lowers their resistance by 1.5%, to 88.5%.  An atack that does 100 damage base does 10 damage before the debuff, 11.5 damage after the debuff -- 15% more than before the resistance debuff.

If the resistance debuff was unresistable, then against that 90% resistance opponent, you'd lower their resistance to 75% and do 250% as much damage as before the debuff.

So it kind of depends on what you mean by "higher resists cut its effective contribution."  It magnifies your damage by a fixed multiplier, but not by a fixed amount.

-----------

* There are always exceptions to "always."  If the opponent is already at max resistance debuff, for example, or if it has overcap resistance.  However, this is rare in practice.

• Like 1

Tilde.  That little button next to the Tab and 1 keys. ` or ~

/bind ` powexecname "Vulnerability"

I started doing that in like 2020 and its just reflex at that point.  send an ingame email to yourself for other macros and binds to never forget

On 5/17/2024 at 1:59 PM, kelika2 said:

Tilde.  That little button next to the Tab and 1 keys. ` or ~

/bind ` powexecname "Vulnerability"

I started doing that in like 2020 and its just reflex at that point.  send an ingame email to yourself for other macros and binds to never forget

I have mine set to a thumb mouse button currently.  I generally use that button for taunts as well.  Tilde is a good spot for it, I think I had something else equally important bound to that in another game.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• 1 month later

The Homecoming Wiki needs to be updated. Someone edited it to add the "Vulnerability" inherent power, but accidentally deleted "Opportunity" from the inherent power section.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Sentinel

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Opportunity

They must have misunderstood the patch notes. Sentinels now have two inherent powers, "Opportunity" and "Vulnerability".

Changes to Sentinel Inherent:

Sentinels have an inherent resistance to Perception and ToHit debuffs (10%).
  * Opportunity builds automatically at a rate of 100% per minute.
  * Sentinels now have an inherent power called Vulnerability:
    * Vulnerability consumes 50% of your Opportunity to debuff a single target for 15 seconds.
    * Vulnerability is Auto-Hit and ignores level differences.
    * Vulnerability debuffs the following:
      * Damage Resistance
      * Defense
      * Mez Resistance
      * Stealth
  * Resistance to Endurance, Endurance Discount, Recovery, Regeneration, ToHit, and Recharge
  * Removed old Opportunity Debuff Effects/Modes from T1/T2 powers.
  * Removed old Inherent Proc.
  * Removed old Offensive/Defensive Opportunity Modes.