The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Kinetic Melee too slow or too weak

Omega9

Posted (edited)

Kinetic Melee is too slow or too weak for a Scrapper. Feels like a Tanker with half the armor. Looks good on paper so maybe it's the animations. Repulsing Torrent is a good interrupter, but you still get overwhelmed by mobs which seem to take too many attacks to put down. Even Freakshow which should be weak to Kinetic attacks. I'll keep leveling it though.

Edited by Omega9

4 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

I would love for the devs to get rid of Power Siphon and give the set Follow Up instead.

Rather they made Power Siphon permable... and/or increased the buffs given.

Keep the flavor difference.

• Like 3

Death is the best debuff.

22 minutes ago, Errants said:

Rather they made Power Siphon permable... and/or increased the buffs given.

Keep the flavor difference.

I'd be happy just if they allowed Concentrated Strike to be affected by scrapper ATO chances to crit.  That would make the set into a monster.

• Like 3

Who run Bartertown?

On 6/7/2024 at 4:02 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'd be happy just if they allowed Concentrated Strike to be affected by scrapper ATO chances to crit.  That would make the set into a monster.

Oooh... Yeah.

Death is the best debuff.

On 6/7/2024 at 1:20 PM, Omega9 said:

I'll keep leveling it though.

I'm trying one because people have been commenting on it.

I have a stalker with kinetic that I haven't really noticed and issue with but I haven't run that character that much.

I made a kin/elec scrapper.

I usually can fight mobs at +2/1 or2 but that has really been an issue.

I've rolled it back to +1/1 for the next round.

I'm still in the lower levels so I don't know if it improves a some point or not.

As indicated, still trying to figure out how to tactically use the set without going out-of-character to use teleport target to narrow down the numbers.

It seems to rely heavily on knockdown and disorient so I'm trying to buff those as I level.

As per normal, I always put 2 accuracy enhances in any attack power. I'm hitting fine, but it doesn't appear that I'm disorienting or knocking down as much as I should seeing as the set relies upon it.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

4 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I have a stalker with kinetic that I haven't really noticed and issue with but I haven't run that character that much.

Play it in a group and watch things die while you're still waving your hand around like you just don't care.

Go Kin/fire stalker or kin/bio stalker if you cant wait for the revamp.  my guess is the low damage from the set comes from the idea on how siphon power worked.  to not only balance itself out but be unique.

but in practice its just terrible because of how mobile this game is and how fast things die and the short duration on the siphon stacks.

---

ugh and then chance to not build stacks on a hit, and no stacks at all on a miss, and a single stack after using an aoe

Edited by kelika2
---

I've got pretty extensive time with the set...and I have to agree. It needs some serious love. I enjoy the mechanics, but it needs some real tweaking to get it up to par with things. You REALLY have to know and manipulate the set just for the performance of it to be mediocre.

Other then animation time and raw number tweaking, I got nothing for a solution. So....that isn't useful.

Edited by SomeGuy

• 2 weeks later

They should seriously boost the damage numbers to make the attacks worth their slow animations.  You’d think a set called “kinetic melee” would be devastatingly strong…

Edited by Azari

• 4 weeks later

So I'm KM/SR scrapper as my main, and "tank light" is a good way to describe it.  Being able to tag things at range to 'ping' or pull them and confront for those "oh S---' or you just get sick of chasing things folks have knocked all over the place is handy.  I also like all of the stuns built into the build.  I'd settle for If they shortened the animation times, but that said, anyone got a good end game build for the scrapper they'll pry out of my cold dead hands?  It's time for the 'fully incarnated out' respec, and I know I want to lose Elude from SR, but would like to see anyone's suggestions who has played the Kin build at length...

Thanks much,

Poetry InMotion

Torchbearer

Edited by Epistasis