Inappropriate name?

I've had a character called Blowhole pretty much since HC went wide, didn't play him much though. I decided to re-roll him for the new Marine powerset and it won't let me use the name after changing the name of the original. Was some updated list of unacceptable names added to the game later on?

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

Keep trying and click all the way through, even if it says unavailable.  Sometimes it's blocking the use of name because it knows someone had that name (you) and it may be cached somewhere.  But I have done the same, had the same error, and then clicked through and got the desired name.  GO NOW!  Hopefully it hasn't been stolen.

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Keep trying and click all the way through, even if it says unavailable.  Sometimes it's blocking the use of name because it knows someone had that name (you) and it may be cached somewhere.  But I have done the same, had the same error, and then clicked through and got the desired name.  GO NOW!  Hopefully it hasn't been stolen.

Yeah I kept trying for several minutes, it was a no go

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

• Game Master
On 7/23/2024 at 9:28 PM, Jawbreaker said:

Yeah I kept trying for several minutes, it was a no go

Looking at it from the database, it appears you have Blowhole as a level 1 Water Blast/Marine Corrupter AND a level 7 Ice/Sonic blaster, both on Excelsior, which is odd.  Are you still unable to play with Blowhole?  (get your mind out of the gutter!)

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

Are you still unable to play with Blowhole?  (get your mind out of the gutter!)

"(get your mind out of the gutter!)"

If you have to go there, then I would think that the name is unacceptable.

• Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

40 minutes ago, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

Just because people can see something as dirty doesn't make it dirty.  Blowhole is a thing.

You're a GM. You know where the line is.

It certainly is a thing.

I realize it is part of a marine mammal.

I'm assuming other parts of bodies are not acceptable, but I'm not a GM.

I'm not trying to argue with you or make a judgement call for you.

• Haha 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• Game Master

blowhole!! <snigger>

It's like many words, it's only dirty in the mind of a 12 year old boy. I used to giggle whenever my teacher said Uranus. And cummingtonite. And wait till you see some of the more out there village and street names in the UK 🙂 

• Haha 1

• Game Master
Posted (edited)

Bell End. Shitterton. Fingeringhoe. Cockermouth. Wetwang. Sandyballs. 

All absolutely delightful British villages you'd definitely want to live in

Apparently the residents were so sick of people pinching their village sign they had one made in stone https://www.thehouseshop.com/property-blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/The_Shitterton_Sign-561x450.jpg

Edited by GM Crumpet
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

blowhole!! <snigger>

It's like many words, it's only dirty in the mind of a 12 year old boy. I used to giggle whenever my teacher said Uranus.

Okay, then ....

On 7/25/2024 at 12:31 PM, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

Looking at it from the database, it appears you have Blowhole as a level 1 Water Blast/Marine Corrupter AND a level 7 Ice/Sonic blaster, both on Excelsior, which is odd.  Are you still unable to play with Blowhole?  (get your mind out of the gutter!)

I named one Biowhole (capitol I) and one Biowhoie while trying 2 different power combos to decide which one I'd like better, but I can't change any of them to the original now

i see all your Town names and raise with the Austrian Town of:

R7PPZKQRLFBQ7AZP5GFNF4FO6U.png

edit: they renamed it to Fugging cause people kept stealing the sign, also people had trouble to register for things online due to word filters

Edited by jkwak
  • Haha 2

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak