Make Walk slottable

I have suggested before organizing walkathons, competitions where characters would seek to outpace each other in calm, healthful strides to a goal. Yet honing this activity to a competitive edge would involve a chance for a focus and slots in Walk. Anyway, I have broadcast invitations to try it on the longest pier of Spanky's Boardwalk on Talos Island. This can still be done. You and someone else begin at the first plank toe-to-toe, as confirmed by a third party standing crosswise, and set out along the sea-destined length to the dock in the far end. There are some boxes along the way that serve as natural obstacles. The first one to butt into another character, standing at the end of the pier and looking at himself from a vertical camera, wins. It can be the same third participant that was there at the start, if he races or flies to the finish. Then the game can be played with only three people. Afterwards you all head to Tina the Body Sculptress and wear T-shirts of the same color for a while.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 7

I mean, it would be nice to put a Stealth IO in Walk so that I can pretend I'm sneaking around with an invisibility cloak, but also kinda unneccessary?  We've quite a bit of customization as-is, and being able to powerwalk seems like it'd be really, really low on that list for most people.

I'm not sure making Walk slottable is going to have the effect you want, as all its effects are negatives. Even if you could slot it with Run enhancements, they would only make you slower.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

10 hours ago, temnix said:

I have suggested before organizing walkathons

I used to like the Naked Noob Races before the Sunset.

unslotted Level 1 characters (and minimal clothing) start at Miss Liberty in Atlas and race across Paragon City to the center Portal Corps building in Peregrine Island.

Planned path with monitors. No trams. Ferry to get to Peregrine Island.

lots of fun and chaos 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I used to like the Naked Noob Races before the Sunset.

unslotted Level 1 characters (and minimal clothing) start at Miss Liberty in Atlas and race across Paragon City to the center Portal Corps building in Peregrine Island.

Planned path with monitors. No trams. Ferry to get to Peregrine Island.

lots of fun and chaos 

That's impressive. Did the developers host that? And to @Trickshooterabout Run and penalties: its penalties can be made unenhanceable, if they aren't already. But wait, I don't know and you don't know if it works by applying a speed penalty to the character. Maybe it simply switches him to a different, low set speed without the Running speed debuff effect. It should be possible to check this by trying Walk with some overhead speed-up bonus. If the character walks no quicker than before, then that is probably what happens. Someone from Homecoming could tell for certain.

Edited by temnix

On 7/26/2024 at 8:09 PM, Rudra said:

What @Trickshooter said. Walk applies negative effects and enhancements improve the effects by a percentage. So you would be improving how much Walk slows your character down.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=inherent.inherent.walk

They could give walk 2 effects:

- X run speed (unenhanceable)

+Y run speed (enhanceable)

So altogetha would be -X+Y = "(-6.233 * Melee_Ones)% maximum RunningSpeed (self only) for 0.8s". And enhancements increase walk speed.

Question is what's the point of though?

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

54 minutes ago, Purrfekshawn said:

So altogetha would be -X+Y = "(-6.233 * Melee_Ones)% maximum RunningSpeed (self only) for 0.8s". And enhancements increase walk speed.

The OP says nothing about increasing X to add Y as an enhanceable offset. Right now, as the power stands, and what the OP is asking for, being able to slot movement speed enhancements into Walk will slow down the character more than Walk itself already does.

Now, if we get into what you are saying? The question is why should the power be changed to make walking speed positively enhanceable? Like you said, what is the point? Especially since enhancement slots are seemingly at such a premium for most players' builds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Roleplayers in big clubs doing the half mile hike to the bar. 

On 7/27/2024 at 2:48 PM, temnix said:

That's impressive. Did the developers host that?

Not that I know of. I think it was even small supergroup that hosted it.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

This request makes no sense to me.  Slotting up walk would be like having Walk turned off and using inherent Swift without Sprint on... then slot up walk more and it's like turning on Sprint.  I see no need for this.  

• Thumbs Up 1