Labyrinth of Fog Suggestions

I have thought about a few things that could be helpful when dealing with the Labyrinth, hoping at least one of these get utilized !!

Use The Time-Bound Artificer in the same way we have Null for certain badges, but these are Labyrinth specific

1. The Time-Bound Artificer have the ability to tell you which Minotaur Version(s) you have killed
  2. The Time-Bound Artificer have the ability to tell you how many Gladiator of the Fog defeats you have
  3. The Time-Bound Artificer have the ability to tell you how many hours you have spent in the Labyrinth

Badge Suggestions

• Add individual exploration badges to each hidden area, such as Jacks Realm, or Subway car
  • Add an additional badge for Malevolent Fogs (perhaps 500 defeats) Vanquisher of the Fog sounds cool
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

21__infinity_by_halo_enigma-d2wllcr13.jpg

I would be fully for having 1 and 2 available as it will help with people aiming for the badges ❤️ 3 is a good fun suggestion too, I would also like to see how many Minotaurs you've beaten etc 😄

• Like 1

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

On 8/11/2024 at 4:25 PM, lemming said:

Not sure if more badges are needed, but no objections

More badges are ALWAYS NEEDED!!!! 😄

But like you said, I do like the idea of 1&2. 

Edited by Tanaxanth

Ebon Sapphire & Blackjack Biggles on Reunion

Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2024 at 2:25 PM, lemming said:

1&2) Yes

3) Not sure if that's a tracked value, but certainly not one i would mind.

Not sure if more badges are needed, but no objections

In regards to #3, if certain citizens can tell me how long I have spent on patrol on each of my characters, and a GULL can tell me what AVs I need to defeat, why can't "The Time-Bound Artificer" tell me how much time I have spent inside the Labyrinth........ After all the background given to us by The Artificer himself clearly states "As punishment for these sins, my own soul was to be shackled in an infernal prison for all eternity, but the Dream Doctor thought I may yet be of use... 1,000 years of service in exchange for the release of death. So now I serve."  

As for more badges, I know there are plenty of badge loving, completionist out there and I felt like I needed to be fair and balanced in my suggestion for additions to the game, this meant including badges. 

Edited by EnnVee
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, EnnVee said:

In regards to #3, if certain citizens can tell me how long I have spent on patrol on each of my characters, and a GULL can tell me what AVs I need to defeat, why can't "The Time-Bound Artificer" tell me how much time I have spent inside the Labyrinth........ After all the background given to us by The Artificer himself clearly states "As punishment for these sins, my own soul was to be shackled in an infernal prison for all eternity, but the Dream Doctor thought I may yet be of use... 1,000 years of service in exchange for the release of death. So now I serve." 

Because it might not *be* tracked currently, which is what was alluded to.  Or it might. I don't know right offhand if it's something that had to be added specifically to Pocket D and the PVP zones (VIP club member and the PVP zone badges) or if it's just visible there as a badge where (say) Skyway City isn't, but time there is tracked anyway.

• Like 1

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

• Developer

1: Definitely doable! I'll work on a Null-like solution there that shows which Minotaur weapons you need.

2 & 3: Probably doable... eventually.
We don't have a function written in Lua currently that can query badge stats, we'd need that added before we can do anything fancier than a binary yes/no check, such as providing exact numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

17 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

2 & 3: Probably doable... eventually.
We don't have a function written in Lua currently that can query badge stats, we'd need that added before we can do anything fancier than a binary yes/no check, such as providing exact numbers.

Out of - well, not wild, more like "slightly awake and still making coffee" curiosity 😄 - how is it done for the PVP zone / Pocket D badges now? (I know there are some "interestingly hacked together" ways things have been done and probably shouldn't be again. They're interesting to hear about, which is why I'm asking.) Something specific running in the background?

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Greycat said:

how is it done for the PVP zone / Pocket D badges now?

If I'm recalling, time spent in zones is tracked for all players and all zones, though only a couple of badges use it (those examples being some of the few).

Most of the current instances of those stats being called into dialog (like the various pedestrian click strings or kiosks) are hard coded, which is why a solution that's more flexible is probably worth doing here with our modern usage of Lua.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

So not necessarily "it's awful, thanks for bringing it up, time to hit the tequila" but something that had to be planned ahead and baked in. Yeah, more flexible sounds good. Thanks 🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't like the idea of badges that are tied to random chance completely outside of player control, since then there is a non-0 chance that one could spend years in the labrynth clicking doors and never get those badges. Hell, the only random area I've ever seen in my dozen odd runs of finding secret doors is the Endless Colonade, and it's fairly consistent. People talking about finding Jack or the Mapserver or whatever else kinda cheeses me off. I'd be actually upset if there were badges to go with finding some of these things.

Edit: The rest of the ideas are solid, though!

Edited by EmperorSteele
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

I don't like the idea of badges that are tied to random chance completely outside of player control, since then there is a non-0 chance that one could spend years in the labrynth clicking doors and never get those badges. Hell, the only random area I've ever seen in my dozen odd runs of finding secret doors is the Endless Colonade, and it's fairly consistent. People talking about finding Jack or the Mapserver or whatever else kinda cheeses me off. I'd be actually upset if there were badges to go with finding some of these things.

Agreed. The Minds of Mayhem iTrial has a badge called Dreamwalker/Dreamkiller. It takes 16 different opponents to earn, and only 3 of them randomly appear each time you run the iTrial. It is a nightmare to get that badge. I would rather that not get duplicated to more aspects of the game, even if the proposal is a different badge for each randomly found secret area.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

you misunderstand - these are UNIQUE ROOMS - currently that all award the same ONE badge. I am asking that each unique Room have a Unique Badge tied to it. Each of the rooms have set locations, so why not set exploration badges ? The locations are already listed in the forums, so I don't understand getting upset when the information is already available. By no means am I trying to "cheese you off" I simply want to understand your protest to the suggestion. So unlike Dreamwalk/Dreamkiller, these areas are actually able to be found as the location of them is set, just a matter of finding them, which again, is already posted in other forums (Marked as Spoilers) so those who want to see the rooms can go find them. That being said, the "challenge" to find them has been greatly reduced by those posts, and a lot of leagues are willing to help others who haven\t seen them, its how I got to see the Subway car 😃 

I hope this helps in clarity of my suggestion, and WHY I suggested it.

• Like 3

My understanding was that the unique rooms require a randomizer to enter. Location being immaterial to finding them, since again, random.

Unless that understanding is mistaken, and that there are clear paths to these places, in which case, I appologize for my overreaction =)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

My understanding was that the unique rooms require a randomizer to enter. Location being immaterial to finding them, since again, random.

Unless that understanding is mistaken, and that there are clear paths to these places, in which case, I appologize for my overreaction 😃

The secret/ unique rooms are tied to certain doors on each floor. Same doors every time. There's another secret room that is really an outlier that doesn't follow that rule, but like @EnnVee mentions, they all award the same badge currently. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

The secret/ unique rooms are tied to certain doors on each floor. Same doors every time. There's another secret room that is really an outlier that doesn't follow that rule, but like @EnnVee mentions, they all award the same badge currently. 

Then I retract my concern/comment.

As mentioned, the Secret areas all currently award the Hidden badge, but the Colonnade is a fairly high chance of success.  The Statesman grave area is one that has a low random chance and that one shouldn't award a unique badge IMO for the reasons you give.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

So are they fixed locations or random access?!

Spoilers ahead... I'm on mobile so the spoiler feature doesn't work.

As I said in my post and Lemming mentioned as well, 6 of the 7 colored floors secret rooms (7 total, but only 6 work right now) are fixed locations that can be accessed through the same door every single time as many times as a player wants to visit it. All of these secret areas award the exact same badge. 

White, Green, Violet, Blue, Red, Orange, Yellow

There's also one floor-agnostic, (meaning it's can potentially be accessed from any floor), secret area in the Labyrinth which is accessed by successful RNG, that awards the same badge as the other floors. This is the random one. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

Spoilers ahead... I'm on mobile so the spoiler feature doesn't work.

As I said in my post and Lemming mentioned as well, ALL of the colored floors secret rooms (7 total, but only 6 work right now) are fixed locations that can be accessed through the same door every single time as many times as a player wants to visit it. All of these secret areas award the exact same badge. 

There's also one floor-agnostic, (meaning it's can potentially be accessed from any floor), secret area in the Labyrinth which is accessed by successful RNG, that awards the same badge as the other floors. This is the random one. 

Okay, so 6 are fixed and 1 is random. Got it. In that case, I'm fine with the 6 fixed locations giving different badges. I'm still opposed to a random badge though. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

Okay, so 6 are fixed and 1 is random. Got it. In that case, I'm fine with the 6 fixed locations giving different badges. I'm still opposed to a random badge though. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, my pre-edit had all, but then I remembered one is broken and one is the Endless Colonnade, so made the edit. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, lemming said:

And to be fair, the Colonnade does have a unique badge "Lab Rat", but it's where the White Mote of Apathy  is anyway, so not a big deal.

Its kinda in this regard that I was saying the other areas should have something more specific to them. Only the ones with Set doors - you enter, and you get a set badge, like Subway Car could award Commuter in the Fog, just as an example

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1