Macro to find name target

I remember bq k in thee day in had a macro in my tray to find a specific target. I could edit it for that particular mission, like finding the word "citizen" or "technician" or the name of a named boss when known from the wiki.

Anyone knows how to do that off hand? Otherwise I'll look through the slash command list and will figure it out on my own.

/bind [key combo] "beginchat /bind [second key combo] /target_custom_next

This is what I use. So I hit the first keybind, which sets up the chat window to then type: [target name]"

Don't forget the last quotation mark to close the command. Then your second key bind is ready to target what you want.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

/bind [key combo] "beginchat /bind [second key combo] /target_custom_next

This is what I use. So I hit the first keybind, which sets up the chat window to then type: [target name]"

Don't forget the last quotation mark to close the command. Then your second key bind is ready to target what you want.

That's Brilliant...I expect no less from you Rylas...Definitely a +1 Inf...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Oh no, now people expect things of me...

*feels anxiety attack coming on*

What have I done!?

I always find it's a best practice to set my personal expectations really low, so that way I feel like an overachiever every day just for taking a shower...

(Okay...Okay, I was fibbing...I feel like an overachiever every week or two just for taking that one shower....that reminds me...did I shower on Saturday or last Monday?)

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I always find it's a best practice to set my personal expectations really low, so that way I feel like an overachiever every day just for taking a shower...

Life Philosophy for a long time now: "Expect nothing from anyone and everything you get is a gift."

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

So much better! I just soloed the Antimatter arc from the flashback system for my PJ accolade on two characters. I was trying to speed through it and there is a mission with a huge map and "defeat the clockwork leader" but he was no talking and I couldn't locate him. Since I knew his name (Mega Snap) today I used the macro and flew across the map using the find bind and found him within a minute. With the previous character I resorted to clearing every mob until I found the leader

Life Philosophy for a long time now: "Expect nothing from anyone and everything you get is a gift."

Now see, you just raised the stakes for yourself Aries...I was being ridiculous and stupid, and here are you being pithy and wise...+1 Inf

I always use /bind numpad0 target_name "sapper" or whatever it is you're looking for.  I believe the quote marks are needed.  I usually use numpad for banter binds, and need to write a guide to making those.  But 0 is always a targetname bind, which changes with enemy.  You just have to use part of the name: "sapper", "surgeon", "engineer", "protector" all work. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291