Active Super Groups?

Arcstone

Over the past month I've joined a couple SGs looking for a home and I even asked if they were active, they weren't. if I saw 1 person online a day I was lucky. My question is with no real reason to form a SG are there any actually populated ones out there that are busy, like at least 5+ people on at most times? or am I just wasting my time and should just keep playing solo?

It also depends a lot on your timezone. Our group, Alpha Division, is very busy, but mostly around the 3-10pm PST time span, it's slower outside of that. I think most groups suffer from this, you simply can't reasonably have enough people in the group to fill out every time slot, so at least in our case we focused on one more common window of activity to make sure there was a sense of community there

The problem with this approach to finding an SG is it means those trying to build up their ranks have nothing to offer you. They can never become an active SG if no one will join them in the first place.

Ive been slowly building the ranks of my Midnight Club, I dont general broadcast nor really use the forums to recruit, I keep an eye out in game for magic themed characters with good bios and ask them directly. We are up to about 15 active members, and even just the other night had enough on all at once to do a 7 man sg tf which was a lot of fun all of us RPing to various extents and building bonds between the characters.

Yesterday while running a TF I met someone who had started a hogwarts school SG who was sad that she had found very few harry potter fans to join and RP with, I suggested a coalition with the midnight club which seemed to add more to their sadness because they said that was usually all they got asked about never people wanting to join her directly. Felt bad, offered to keep my eye out for more kid aged magical characters to send her way.

I get that people want to be in large active SGs, nothing wrong with that. but keep in mind that mega SGs are not exactly something special, and tend to be filled with a lot of drama and inter player conflicts over time. Seen my share back on lvie as well on other MMO and frankly hope more people look for SGs of like minded players and RP themes before looking at the membership numbers.

Ill take one good regular sg mate over a dozen I dont really know and dont really groove with.

Arcstone -

My SG, The League of Superheroes is opening up to the public.  We're small right now, just myself and a few friends, but we've recently had interest in our SG by several people.  I lead Rikti Raids often throughout the week, and you can usually see me advertising with Marijaunaut or Xuku.  We like to do raids, task forces, radio missions, regular contact missions, etc ..  We're all laid back and very casual about everything.  Send myself or my friend an in-game email if you'd like to check us out! 

my global ---> @dude

my friends global ---> @gusthemole

Marijuanaut | Man of Granite | Xuku

Chaos United is insanely active. I alt too much to be in it. They do not have room to warehouse alts. They are an active SG with a hyperactive network of alliances.  They regularly host late game content from RWZ to iTrials to Hami to you name it. If you are dedicated to one character and want a TON of teaming this is where you want to be.  Good luck

• Like 1

Hey I have my main in Chaos United and I'm loving it.  Great job BlastLord!

But I also have two alts who are seeking the heavier RP experience - sparring, GM'ed events, all day talkathons.  Both alts were officers in redside SGs until recently.

The problem?  Toxic IC posts.  Players who'd run up to me out of nowhere and tell me I was a terrible person who should never have been made an officer.  Players who, after I greeted them for the very first time, told me I should offer everyone in the SG a blowjob.  In each case they insisted that because those comments were IC I had no right to be offended.

So my question is, does anyone know of an SG dedicated to the idea of players being decent human beings and trash talk being discouraged, IC or OOC?  Because while I do know the difference, I don't want to log in and have to deal every day.  I'm not a snowflake but I have limits.

The two SG leaders in question both insisted they don't tolerate that sort of behavior but then did nothing to curtail or punish it.  I need a strong SG leader who is like my GW1 mega-guild leader - he has "be respectful and reasonable at all times" right up there in the MotD.

Edited by Buffy Barritt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Buffy Barritt said:

But I also have two alts who are seeking the heavier RP experience - sparring, GM'ed events, all day talkathons.  Both alts were officers in redside SGs until recently.

The problem?  Toxic IC posts.  Players who'd run up to me out of nowhere and tell me I was a terrible person who should never have been made an officer.  Players who, after I greeted them for the very first time, told me I should offer everyone in the SG a blowjob.  In each case they insisted that because those comments were IC I had no right to be offended.

So my question is, does anyone know of an SG dedicated to the idea of players being decent human beings and trash talk being discouraged, IC or OOC?  Because while I do know the difference, I don't want to log in and have to deal every day.  I'm not a snowflake but I have limits.

The two SG leaders in question both insisted they don't tolerate that sort of behavior but then did nothing to curtail or punish it.  I need a strong SG leader who is like my GW1 mega-guild leader - he has "be respectful and reasonable at all times" right up there in the MotD.

I think your just experiencing part of why red side has always been so dead. it seems like a large number of those who do favor RPing redside do so to justify very negative behavior under the guise of RP. Used to encounter a fair bit of that in pocket D to back in the day, people claiming it was just RP when using slurs and being derogatory to anyone not kissing their arse.

15 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

I think your just experiencing part of why red side has always been so dead. it seems like a large number of those who do favor RPing redside do so to justify very negative behavior under the guise of RP. Used to encounter a fair bit of that in pocket D to back in the day, people claiming it was just RP when using slurs and being derogatory to anyone not kissing their arse.

Gotta agree with Berk here, you find a lot of people in RP environments who gravitate towards playing "evil" as an excuse to be horrible people, and it's even easier in the confines of a video game where there is no non-consensual PVP. They can say whatever they want without any consequences, and if you take issue with it, you're the one who has a problem because you "can't handle the RP".

Used to run in to that shit all the time with tabletop RPGs too.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

@Bentley Berkeley @Zolgar Thanks for the support.  To be honest, when I played 8 years ago I didn't do RP at all really.  I was surprised when Homecoming came in - suddenly I discovered an appetite for it!  It's no biggie, really, that my first two SGs were ungood experiences.  Two months of learning the ropes is not unreasonable.

BUT now I'd like to take things to the next level.  Bentley I was very impressed with your commitment to game lore when we met that day in Atlas, and I'm sorry I had to log suddenly when it came time for a meal - my ride was waiting downstairs.  You have an SG?  We should talk.  I'm also looking into making one of my own at this time.  Though it feels a bit like going from 0 to 80 mph in three seconds.

Edited by Buffy Barritt
  • Thanks 1

Im Very much looking for an active villian friendly RPSG  that either does content too or has a coalition that does.  Also I'm quite eccentric with a rather bawdy sense of humor so groups for oddball adults are a better fit than family groups. 

Most of my characters are vigilantes for teaming purposes but full evil story wise. 

On 7/13/2019 at 10:19 AM, Bentley Berkeley said:

I get that people want to be in large active SGs, nothing wrong with that. but keep in mind that mega SGs are not exactly something special, and tend to be filled with a lot of drama and inter player conflicts over time. Seen my share back on lvie as well on other MMO and frankly hope more people look for SGs of like minded players and RP themes before looking at the membership numbers.

As someone who used to help run a coalition with ten different super groups in it, I can absolutely confirm this. It definitely had it's ups and downs and it was HUGE. Fortunately, many of us who were at the core have stayed in touch over the years as have other groups of friends within the coalition. 

I would NEVER try to do it again, however.  I'd be extremely happy with small SGs of close knit friends. 

Edited by LeapingLemur

On 7/27/2019 at 12:47 PM, Bentley Berkeley said:

I have to agree.  I ran my first couple years redside. I am a grumpy introvert with a bit of a chip on my shoulder. But enough about how you suck

after getting comfortable running my characters and game content I watched  people and started behaving like the cool kids.  A sociopath has to learn how to fit in after all

Now I tend to run rogues. The snarky only comes out if children spam help

• 2 weeks later
On 7/27/2019 at 3:35 AM, Buffy Barritt said:

I have to say, I find what you experienced as horrific. I ran a Redside villain group, the Entropy Legion, for several years during Live and I never had that in my groups. The Legion has been running again since the release of code (re-started in the Bree days!) and have been semi-competently villainizing the World ever since.

if you have interest in a RP villain group, visit http://entropylegion.guildlaunch.com

Entropy Legion, Villain SG: https://entropylegion.guildlaunch.com 

Union Supreme, Heroic SG: https://unionsupreme.guildlaunch.com

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:35 AM, Buffy Barritt said:

Thank you for the warning, I'd considered this group after it was suggested to me, but if they don't do anything to curb sexual harassment (or harassment in general) under the guise of "Good Roleplaying" then it isn't a group I want to be part of. Consent, lines and boundaries are an integral part of any roleplaying exchange and need to be respected.