Proposed new powerset: Infernal Assault -- Where there's a whip there's a way

Zepp

37 minutes ago, daveyfiacre said:

i love the set, the only thing i struggle with is the fire attacks 😞

lol i want to get over them but i cant T_T and it makes me so sad. i really really do like how you built the set. [and my set]. if you could mishmash the fx from other hellfire powers... or even use the sorcery patch if the fx fits better than the fire patch...

lol im sorry!!!!

The idea is that the fire animations will be adjusted to use the Hellfire particle effects. The reason for choosing fire powers is because it is easier to port character animations. As such, this would allow the porting of character animations with the hellfire particle effects to get the best set possible while minimizing work. I'm just thinking about how much of a hellscape this set would bring to the battlefield. It should be very visually stunning...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Been thinking about this... I have a couple other thoughts

Name Animation Level  Description
Hellfire Blast Flares (Hellfire Projectile) 1 Ranged (40'), Light DMG (Fire), DoT (Toxic), -Res
Hellfire Whip Corruption (No projectile) 2 Melee (20'), Moderate DMG (Fire), Foe -Res, Immobilize, Minor DoT(Toxic)
Hellfire Lash Lash 4 Melee (20'), High DMG (Fire), Foe -Res, Immobilize, Minor DoT(Toxic)
Hellfire Burst Fire Blast (Hellfire Projectile) 10 Ranged (40'), Light DMG (Fire), DoT (Toxic), -Res
Hellfire's Wrath Envenomed Blades   16 Self +DoT (Fire/Toxic), +ToHit on all attacks
Infernal Strike Whip Crack 20 Melee (20' Cone), High DMG (Fire), DoT (Toxic), Foe -Res, Stun
Brimstone Bonfire (Small Hellfire Burn Patch) 28 Location PBAoE, Moderate DoT (Fire), Minor DoT (Toxic), Foe -Res Self +Res (Immobilize)
Charred Sky Rain of Fire 35 Ranged (40') (Location AoE), Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic)
Summon Hellfire Hell on Earth 38

Ranged 40' Hold, Location AoE Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic), Summon Living Hellfire (2s Mag 6 hold, unenhanceable)

With this arrangement we get a slightly different design that backloads the AoE a bit, but loads it pretty hard. I also feel like we gave them too much AoE overall, so I removed Inferno and kept both Rain of Fire and Bonfire, set up to change the battle itself with Fire and Fear Effects rather than the instantaneous explosion. I think that might work better, over all.

Edited by Steampunkette

Let's take a look at your proposed changes:

T1 -> T2 (becomes melee) (renamed)
T2 -> T3 (Infernal dropped for Hellfire)

T3 -> T8 (Renamed Charred Sky)
T4 -> T6 (Renamed from Whip Crack to Strike)
T5 (no changes)
T6 (eliminated)
T7 (specified particle modification) (Renamed to Brimstone [taken from T3])

T8 (eliminated)

T9 (No changes)

New T1 -> Taken from Flares
New T4 -> Taken from Fire Blast

I understand where you are going, but I'm not really in favor of eliminating the Aura. Also, I think keeping corruption as a ranged allows one to have a mix of melee and ranged within the context of just whip animations. In addition, I would suggest that since both Flares and Fire Blast already exist in Fiery Assault, it would be better to go with Scorch, as it is outside of currently existing Assault powers and gives the set a melee attack without converting Corruption. I also thought maybe removing Burn (8' melee location AoE) and replacing it with the Summon Demon Prince animation at double speed (without the actual summon) could be one way to limit the location AoE to 4', making it basically a ST ranged attack with a short duration mini patch left behind.

Thus, my proposal is:

Curse Corruption 1 Ranged (40'), Minor DMG (Fire), DoT (Toxic), -Res
Lash of Hellfire Lash 2 Melee (20'), High DMG (Fire), Foe -Res, Immobilize, Minor DoT(Toxic)
Charred Sky Rain of Fire 4 Ranged (40') (Location AoE), Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic)
Helltouched Scorch 10 Melee, Moderate DMG (Fire) Minor DoT (Toxic)  -Res
Hellfire's Wrath Envenomed Blades   16 Self +DoT (Fire/Toxic), +ToHit on all attacks
Fueling Flames Cauterizing Aura 20 Toggle: PBAoE, Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic), Self +HoT, +Rec
Brimstone Summon Demon Prince (sans Prince)  28 Ranged (40') (Location AoE), Moderate (Fire/Toxic), Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic), Foe -Res
Infernal Strike Crack Whip 35 Melee (20' Cone), High DMG (Fire), DoT (Toxic), Foe -Res, Stun
Summon Hellfire     Hell on Earth 38 Ranged 40' Hold, Location AoE Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic), Summon Living Hellfire (2s Mag 6 hold, unenhanceable)

Edited by Zepp

5 minutes ago, krj12 said:

I'd prefer something in-line with my Indiana Jones type character that I'd create.  All these fire based powers, not quite what I'd have in mind for a whip powerset.

The idea is to go with what we have access to atm. That means that our options are fairly limited.

26 minutes ago, Zepp said:

Let's take a look at your proposed changes:

T1 -> T2 (becomes melee) (renamed)
T2 -> T3 (Infernal dropped for Hellfire)

T3 -> T8 (Renamed Charred Sky)
T4 -> T6 (Renamed from Whip Crack to Strike)
T5 (no changes)
T6 (eliminated)
T7 (specified particle modification) (Renamed to Brimstone [taken from T3])

T8 (eliminated)

T9 (No changes)

New T1 -> Taken from Flares
New T4 -> Taken from Fire Blast

I understand where you are going, but I'm not really in favor of eliminating the Aura. Also, I think keeping corruption as a ranged allows one to have a mix of melee and ranged within the context of just whip animations. In addition, I would suggest that since both Flares and Fire Blast already exist in Fiery Assault, it would be better to go with Scorch, as it is outside of currently existing Assault powers and gives the set a melee attack without converting Corruption. I also thought maybe removing Burn (8' melee location AoE) and replacing it with the Summon Demon Prince animation at double speed (without the actual summon) could be one way to limit the location AoE to 4', making it basically a ST ranged attack with a short duration mini patch left behind.

Thus, my proposal is:

Curse Corruption 1 Ranged (40'), Minor DMG (Fire), DoT (Toxic), -Res
Lash of Hellfire Lash 2 Melee (20'), High DMG (Fire), Foe -Res, Immobilize, Minor DoT(Toxic)
Charred Sky Rain of Fire 4 Ranged (40') (Location AoE), Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic)
Helltouched Scorch 10 Melee, Moderate DMG (Fire) Minor DoT (Toxic)  -Res
Fueling Flames Cauterizing Aura 20 Toggle: PBAoE, Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic), Self +HoT, +Rec
Brimstone Summon Demon Prince (sans Prince)  28 Ranged (40') (Location AoE), Moderate (Fire/Toxic), Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic), Foe -Res
Infernal Strike Crack Whip 35 Melee (20' Cone), High DMG (Fire), DoT (Toxic), Foe -Res, Stun
Summon Hellfire     Hell on Earth 38 Ranged 40' Hold, Location AoE Minor DoT (Fire/Toxic), Summon Living Hellfire (2s Mag 6 hold, unenhanceable)

I get the idea of maintaining corruption as a ranged attack, I just want to avoid having Scorch or other Fire-Melee attacks in the set, so dropping Corruption's range makes it and the other two Whips the 'Melee' attacks for the set. Plus adding in Scorch would mean that 2 of the melee attacks have a 20ft range, but for one you have to run right into the dude's face, shifting the feeling of the set.

As far as the aura... it also puts them into point blank range, negating the visual benefit of the whip making their melee 20ft.

I -do- like the idea of Brimstone doing the Demon Prince Earth-Crack, though!

The aura has the HoT as well, so it is more of a safeguard +sustain than a fully offensive tool.

It's 4am, I'll come at this tomorrow with fresh eyes

I made a suggestion before that we should have a non-hero power set to hunt heroes and villains along with a bounty system sorta how SWG used to have. The bounty system is extremely unique, no one else does it, and promotes open world PvP.

So take the show "the Boys" and put it in here. I haven't really thought too much about it except "let's do a non-hero power set" but it's something I'd play. You could really keep some of the primaries like dual pistols, rifles, sledgehammers, etc. but the secondaries might be tricky if you stick with the role-play. Having guns, knives, traps, RPGs, "kryptonite" abilities, and even unconventional power sets might be interesting. I'm not saying have your toon run around slamming a toaster into a hero and kill them but I'm sure there's something that could work.

As far as travel abilities go I don't see any issue with slapping a motorcycle in the game. We already have jet packs.......

I don't know... just an idea I've been spinning in my head while I'm at work during down time.

“Destiny dressed you this morning my friend, and now fear is trying to pull off your pants. If you give up, if you give in, then you're gonna end up naked with fear just standin' there laughing at your dangling unmentionables.”
― The Tick