What's wrong with Warshades?

I would suspect Dan Petro, who starting this part of the conversation, has a custom title and played on SCoRE would fess up if that was the case.  Maybe I expect too much of the stewards of this game when it was secret...regardless, I don't find it funny, so I'm ignoring those who do...I win either way...

BTW, explain the Meme to me?

Having a custom title, playing on the private server and being a helpful, contributing member of the community doesn't prohibit someone from messing around every once in a while. Having a sense of humor and not spilling the beans about a private server that you obviously have a chip on your shoulder about (amongst many other things) are not mutually exclusive.

No chip on my shoulder...these guys kept the dream alive for me to be here today...I haven't pined for the game once since it shut down.  If it goes back into hiding tomorrow...life will motor on.

However, most would say that Trolling is not a "sense of humor".  It's designed to get rise of out someone (clearly worked) at their expense.  It's the same kind of elementary school humor that thinks pushing a kid in the mud is funny.

But thanks for posting, as again, I can add to my list of people who I desire to never hear from again...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

You do realize you're just ignoring them for joking around? Pretty clear none of this was serious.

That might be Starforge...but I am really not a fan of their sense of humor.  I haven’t name called anyone, but I have been serious about my viewpoint.  So not only do I not like the sense of humor, I haven’t been provided a modicum of respect.  To be fair, they have not name called either.  Fortunately, this being an online forum, I do not have to listen to their trolling (it’s not really joking, is it?  More like trolling).  This way everyone wins... I don’t have to listen to nonsense, they can go troll elsewhere, and you don’t have to be exposed to such “comical” relief.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Honestly I wouldn't exclude any class for teaming. Some mobs get knocked loose.. meh.

I've played just about every class and the only one that comes to mind that just does not meld with teams is the Stalker class. For obvious reasons. And I'd still take them on my team because I know what they're for. Taking out bosses and AV's or at least doing extreme damage and then bailing.

There was a SG on Virtue almost that bad.

Low rank members were expected to have all alts in and turn in all drops of value for the Sr members on the idea that in time they would be Sr and it would be their turn.

They would not play with controllers stating they were no good.

It was very cult like.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

yeah what's going on with warshades?

People like to argue about them. I wish they'd offer me more popcorn while they did so.

What a shame. I got you.

giphy.gif       

giphy.gif

UzQ8Eke.png

Honestly I wouldn't exclude any class for teaming. Some mobs get knocked loose.. meh.

I've played just about every class and the only one that comes to mind that just does not meld with teams is the Stalker class. For obvious reasons. And I'd still take them on my team because I know what they're for. Taking out bosses and AV's or at least doing extreme damage and then bailing.

Stalkers are really, really good now!

There are Nazi's in CoH lore, but I sure wouldn't like a SG based on being Nazi's.  With all the division in this country (USA), I come to CoH to get away from it, not be reminded of it.

I think a couple of interesting points have come out in this discussion.  Firstly, that those "Earth For Humans!" billboards are arguably more jarring to see now than they were pre-shutdown due to them mirroring a rhetoric that's become more prevalent in the USA, and elsewhere, in the intervening 7 years.  I say arguably because Vanguard has never been a clearcut 'good' organisation, and given what we discover about the Rikti their "Earth for Humans!" rhetoric is decidedly ironic.  If CoH had launched today those billboards would have been taken as a none too subtle jab at modern politics, but it's really a comment on Vanguard and the post-Rikti War mindset they represent.

Secondly, if there's one group in Paragon City that would be singled out in this way it is Warshades.  That they are distrusted and isolated even within the hero community is a major theme of their story - as early as the level 5-9 arc an enemy group straight out confirms that the reason they target Warshades is because Warshades have no friends or allies.

Of course whether or not Dan Petro's posts are in good taste remains a matter of individual preference.  Me?  I'd say of course they're not, but then he is a PVPer :)

It's only trolling at this point because someone kept falling for the running joke and getting their knickers in a massive wad.

In other words: damn people are gullible.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

It's only trolling at this point because someone kept falling for the running joke and getting their knickers in a massive wad.

In other words: damn people are gullible.

It's been trolling from the get go:

a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

People are gullible Shadeknight, it's true...but if you want to tell me that kind of behavior that was described is unbelievable, then you are very naive.  It would not be, by a long shot, the craziest thing a group/guild has done on an MMORPG.

And so that your condescending summary doesn't become the short version of what happened...my knickers are not in a wad, but I don't enjoy the trolling at all, never found it amusing, nor do I find any trolling amusing, because it's not meant to be amusing, and the trolls have happily stepped and identified themselves, so I am ignoring them.  I am not retaliating, I am not name calling, I am just ignoring them...

So why do you keep responding to the thread?

I'm not ignoring the thread...just the specific people who were posting...I just put them on my ignore list...I can see that they are posting, but not what...

JB, my man. Please. Just stop.

You keep digging a bigger and bigger grave.

If they're trolling, they've won.

They've won ten times over.

My last response was to you Shadeknight...not to them...are you trolling me now?

But you keep mentioning them and addressing the posts that mention them, and you keep talking about them.

I'm just baffled is all. I've never seen someone so stubborn to let it go.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

But you keep mentioning them and addressing the posts that mention them, and you keep talking about them.

I'm just baffled is all. I've never seen someone so stubborn to let it go.

Shadeknight, I have let it go...The last 2 posts have been all about you...why won't you let it go?  Are you trolling me?

• City Council

Okay, final warning: don't feed the trolls! Feeding trolls is bad! If you don't like the topic, stop posting in it!

Anyway, you may now return to your ongoing conversation about Warshades.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!