Lower the population cap of Atlas Park

This place is often virtually unplayable due to it being so packed with people, I dont know what zone cap you have on it but it needs cutting by a third and more zones generating, its a terrible thing to face when being new and really annoying when trying to do anything in the zone.

Or... alternatively... bring back the old Galaxy City? I wonder if the code is still in there somewhere.... this is a new server, so damn the story implications. I always like the old GC better anyways than AP.

I'm out.

Or... alternatively... bring back the old Galaxy City? I wonder if the code is still in there somewhere.... this is a new server, so damn the story implications. I always like the old GC better anyways than AP.

Echo of Galaxy City exists, still. Accessible through Oroborous (Beneath Silos on the back where the hospital is)

But that won't help.

Everyone goes to AP 'cause you just... it's what you do. You create a character and you go to AP to get on a DFB and get some fast levels any time day or night 'cause it's always got plenty of alts and newbs in it.

Galaxy wouldn't have that. Neither does Mercy. It's not about zone variety, it's about population mass. People go where there's people to be around people.

I think a big part of the complaint is that, when there are enough people in AP, it seems to interfere with mission mobs spawning. No Hellions to slap for Matthew Habashy's first mission, no Arachnos Commanders spawning for the second Aaron Thiery misson.

As far as just having too many people, I think one improvement would be to disable the Tailor function on Miss Liberty. I've had several instances of having trouble clicking on her to train levels because of the solid wall of people standing around her fiddling with their costumes. Hey folks, there's an Icon right over there -->

I don't ever have an issue - then again I usually got to the highest number AP there is.

As for diabling Ms. Liberty's costume ability - No. Lots of times people create a character - get in game - realize they messed up their costume - Liberty allows them to fix it right away.

I've had several instances of having trouble clicking on her to train levels because of the solid wall of people standing around her [...]

I suggested, waaaaaay back on Live, giving all Trainers a 6-foot or so very high magnitude, unresistible Repulsion effect.  So that everyone would be literally pushed away enough to make a clear zone that people could use to click on the trainer to interact with them.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I don't ever have an issue - then again I usually got to the highest number AP there is.

As for diabling Ms. Liberty's costume ability - No. Lots of times people create a character - get in game - realize they messed up their costume - Liberty allows them to fix it right away.

Not saying I Agree with the idea, but Icon is like a block or two away.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I've had several instances of having trouble clicking on her to train levels because of the solid wall of people standing around her [...]

I suggested, waaaaaay back on Live, giving all Trainers a 6-foot or so very high magnitude, unresistible Repulsion effect.  So that everyone would be literally pushed away enough to make a clear zone that people could use to click on the trainer to interact with them.

This would help SO much as would general power suppression under the atlas statue. Granted, that would get tricky with the marker on his head.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

This would help SO much as would general power suppression under the atlas statue. Granted, that would get tricky with the marker on his head.

Not tricky...just make the power suppression field 10 ft tall...If you already within the field, you just have to step off and it's "Beam Me Up, Scotty" (fun fact, it was never actually said in the original series).  If you are outside the field in the friendly skies, then when you come in lower than 10 ft...It's a very short drop.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Power suppression field, centered right in the middle of the Pedestal Atlas is on, but level with the surrounding plaza, and with a radius exactly enough to just barely "kiss" either the bottom of the Globe itself, or else, Atlass' butt/crotch.

People who want the badges can still fly, SJ, or jetpack up there - they just need to start from not-in-the-plaza-proper.  Off to the SIDE of City Hall, for example.

Have the field work as a debuff that "pulses" every, say, five seconds, and lasts for six seconds, turning off all toggles (and ONLY toggles).  You can use your travel power to get there, safely - plenty of time to land, even with flight.  But to leave, you're going to have to (for example) walk down the steps in front of Miss Liberty, to the sidewalk, and :oh the horrors let us now clutch our pearls: wait a bare handful of seconds before toggling that power back on.

Alternately, if the field can be coded to leave travel powers (including Sprint and it's variants) unsuppressed ... that would be the absolute best solution, IMO.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I'm all for power supression in places like WW or University, but absolutely not in an open zone.

WW are located "in an open zone", not as their own separate instances.

Also, half a dozen people with powers going, in the University, isn't likely to crash anyone's framerates.

Five dozen people hanging out under Atlas' statue and/or crowding around Miss Liberty, all with powers going .... is a different matter entirely.

I'm all for power supression in places like WW or University, but absolutely not in an open zone.

I swear i’m not trying to trigger you, but why are against it?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

No. If the instance of Atlas you are in is too busy, switch to any other one. Not too complicated.

Well two challenges there...

1.) Requires a trip to the Monorail to switch...so a little complicated...

2.) I'm in Atlas Park 2, and I run to the choo choo train, and I get: Atlas Park - Full, Atlas Park 2, Atlas Park 3 - Full....Which one in this case do you recommend I go to?

I see two things happening with AP.

One, I get a serious FPS drop whenever I go near Atlas Plaza. This is my client/computer reacting to the amount of graphical processing going on. I can live with this as the framerate rarely goes below 20, which is pretty chunky compared to the 100+ I get in other zones or in door missions, but it's not a show-stopper. However, this could be mitigated by encouraging people not to crowd around Ms. Liberty. Maybe limit her ability to train to the first few levels, after which players should seek out BAB. Or add a new trainer maybe inside City Hall?

Two, I get rubberbanding pretty much anywhere in the zone. I don't have to be near the plaza. This is far more frustrating and distracting as I will often find myself "reset" quite a distance back, and it happens a lot. This will not be helped by encouraging people to spread out into the zone (as far as I understand it) because it's caused by the server dealing with so many people in the same instance.

No. If the instance of Atlas you are in is too busy, switch to any other one. Not too complicated.

There really should be a dropdown to select instance (like where the name is on the map). I'll suggest this.

There really should be a dropdown to select instance (like where the name is on the map). I'll suggest this.

That would be helpful, seriously, but at least 50% of the time I play there is only one available map for Atlas Park, the rest are full. 

Oddly enough, last night on Torch, there was an Atlas 2 and Atlas 3. This was around 9-10 pm. I went into AP3, because I always choose the highest instance, and it was dead. No one was at the P2W vendor and maybe one person near Ms. Liberty. I was surprised it was a ghost town.

Oddly enough, last night on Torch, there was an Atlas 2 and Atlas 3. This was around 9-10 pm. I went into AP3, because I always choose the highest instance, and it was dead. No one was at the P2W vendor and maybe one person near Ms. Liberty. I was surprised it was a ghost town.

Well the other 50% of the time I see 2 instances available.  I'm going to start always picking the higher one going forward.

Maybe in your example the zone had just opened?  I mean someone has to be first in a new instance, right?