Which manifest *should* we be using?

Generator

• Retired Game Master

The only one to use is: http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml

That's it. If you want to play Homecoming, that's the one to use. No other.

There was, temporarily, a different one, because the machine hosting the other one was offlined for a bit quite some time ago. But all has long since been restored.

So, accept no substitutes.

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.

Ah, okay.  I had not been aware that the second manifest was a temporary affair.  Now I know, and the rest is all red and blue lasers.

Thanks!

It was like a one time/day thing I believe when the related server was down. The thread it was posted in also mentioned to resume using the original.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Ah, okay.  I had not been aware that the second manifest was a temporary affair.  Now I know, and the rest is all red and blue lasers.

Thanks!

It was like a one time/day thing I believe when the related server was down. The thread it was posted in also mentioned to resume using the original.

I only saw indirect references to the second manifest, so I missed getting the full picture at the time.  But thanks for the background.

• City Council
58 minutes ago, Cinnder said:

I've switched back now and it seems to be working again, but note that for some of us the main server was not working for most of this week, so we were forced to continue using the backup.

This was caused by a sudden need to change nameservers on the patch domain entirely which can take 72 hours to propagate to everyone. The issue should now be resolved though.

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, GM Fiddleback said:

The only one to use is: http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml

That's it. If you want to play Homecoming, that's the one to use. No other.

There was, temporarily, a different one, because the machine hosting the other one was offlined for a bit quite some time ago. But all has long since been restored.

So, accept no substitutes.

Well Actually, (probably from reading the related forum posting) I've been using the newer (?) link for a long time now, but I also don't seem to be logging in when they're having server issues for the most part.

http://www.savecoh.com/manifest.xml

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• City Council
11 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

Well Actually, (probably from reading the related forum posting) I've been using the newer (?) link for a long time now, but I also don't seem to be logging in when they're having server issues for the most part.

http://www.savecoh.com/manifest.xml

I don't know how you got that, exactly, since we've never posted that anywhere to my knowledge (and I didn't even know it was a thing! If I don't know about it, nobody on the GM team does!) but it redirects to the main manifest, so it's really six of one, half a dozen of the other.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

• 1 month later
  • Jimmy unpinned this topic