Managing Endurance

dmaker

I respeced and did not take a travel power, I'll just use one of the p2w rocket packs to get around for now. I also took superior conditioning and focused accuracy. I 4 slotted superior conditioning with an endurance mod set that adds a +end proc and I slotted all my WP toggles and fighting toggles with one end red.

Wow! What a difference! My end bar is now much like my health bar--never moves much beyond a tick or two, even when surrounded by red minions and a purple boss! This is fantastic! I haven't needed to use a single recovery serum or even a blue insp. In fact, I cleared a huge +3 mission and didn't use a single insp at all or a recovery serum! I might even go to p2w and disable end inspirations :)

THANK YOU so much everyone in this thread for your advice. I feel I may have given up a bit of global recharge, as I only 5 slotted some of my attack IO sets, so perhaps some global recharge is gone. It feels like hasten comes up a bit less frequently than before, but it makes very little (if any) difference to my fighting effectiveness as I have enough attacks in my chain that I am never waiting anyway.

This is really great. Thanks again!

Seriously, there is no need to take powers from Energy Mastery on a /WP.  Slot endurance reduction in your toggles and you will notice a world of difference with just that.  A single slot for Kismet unique is plenty for the vast majority of the game and when you need more to hit, pop a yellow.

Okay: Health and Stamina slotting

BARE MINIMUM

Health:

Panacea +HP/End

Numina's Convalescence +Regen/Recovery

Miracle + Recovery

Stamina:

Performance Shifter Chance for +End

Endurance (Set or Generic)

(Optional) Endurance (Set or Generic)

Quick Recovery:

Performance Shifter Chance for +End

(Optional) Endurance (Set or Generic)

The reason to go for the Perf Shifter proc first is that, even when completely drained, it still gives you a bump of Endurance faster than your simple Recovery will.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

If the above posters suggestion is not enough, you can always get superior conditioning and physical perfection from the epic power pools until you can fully IO yourself out.

Also true.

Still, I can't imagine a scenario where Anything/Willpower could have endurance issues.  Even titan weapons with willpower never needs to pop a blue, it's one of the most endurance efficient secondaries.  I think the OP is missing Quick Recovery.

Gamma boost IIRC actually gives more endurance than Willpower or Regeneration's Quick Recovery powers when at full health.

Not sure how Bio-Armour's Inexhaustible compares though.

Though WP overall is a very forgiving set endurance wise as it not only has an endurance boosting power, it doesn't consume very much endurance itself due to how much of its powers are passives or are only used rarely.

I do always turn off sprint and I don't use Ninja Run...

My active toggles are: High Pain Tolerance, Mind over Body, Fast Healing, Indom Will, Rise to the Challenge, Heightened Senses, Tough, Weave, Combat Jumping, Focused Accuracy..

There's your problem. Focused Accuracy is something of an endurance hog that doesn't really give enough of a bump to your DPS to justify the endurance you pay, the slots you invest in it, or the expense of spending one of your precious 24 power picks. Like, it's only edge use is if you really like the set bonuses from +to hit sets and tactics and build up aren't enough for you.

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

Gamma boost IIRC actually gives more endurance than Willpower or Regeneration's Quick Recovery powers when at full health.

That's why I said "one of" the most endurance efficient secondaries, not "the".  This thread is about helping someone with Willpower and has nothing to do with Radiation.  Sure, I like radiation, my main is a Radiation Armor tanker.  But it has nothing to do with this topic.

I do always turn off sprint and I don't use Ninja Run...

My active toggles are: High Pain Tolerance, Mind over Body, Fast Healing, Indom Will, Rise to the Challenge, Heightened Senses, Tough, Weave, Combat Jumping, Focused Accuracy..

There's your problem. Focused Accuracy is something of an endurance hog that doesn't really give enough of a bump to your DPS to justify the endurance you pay, the slots you invest in it, or the expense of spending one of your precious 24 power picks. Like, it's only edge use is if you really like the set bonuses from +to hit sets and tactics and build up aren't enough for you.

It's not the problem, actually.  The OP is slotting their endurance recovery powers incorrectly and isn't using sets that reduce endurance costs in the more expensive toggles.  Whether or not focused accuracy is a worthwhile toggle to run is again another discussion.

The OP needs to slot endurance modification enhancements into Stamina and Quick Recovery.  They have apparently mistakenly four slotted superior conditioning (the worst recovery power they have available) with marginal set bonuses instead of just putting some end mods into Stamina and Quick Recovery.  Some minimal endurance reduction in some of the toggles will fix the rest.

Just read through the entire thread, taking notes. Thanks for all the input and suggestions. Very helpful.

Also just finished a respec of my own following the suggestions as much as I can.

Are 1.55%, 1.65 end/sec consumption

and 3.77%, 4.01 end/sec recovery

good numbers? (standing still, all toggles on) I can tell that they've improved quite a bit from the base, but I have no idea what good values should be.

@dmaker, I'm at lvl 43 DP/WP Sentinel. Have you been introduced to Malta Sappers? Two words: Don't.

Thanks again, guys.

There are the PROC enhancers I/o health class 2 of them give you constant inflow of added endurance.  I do not have them memorized but they are way to find. Numina Regen Tissue and err another. And I get them mixed in my head which does what.  Get them slot them be happy

Just to be clear there are 3 endurance giving health IOs panacea proc, miracle, and numinas.

Then there is the performance shifter proc in stamina, and 2 stamina 50 IOs (with +5 boosters each will get you to ED cap).

If stamina, quick recovery, superior conditioning, and physical perfection isn't enough then cardiac alpha will solve the problem

There is only one build I have ever made that this isn't true. A fire/kin corruptor with repel and whirlwind running at the same time, you get surrounded by enough mobs and even recovery aura isn't enough to stop the end drain (whirlwind and repel work differently than just end drain, they take endurance for each enemy they knockback, but it was knockdown in my case as I had the sudden acceraltion kb to kd IOs slotted. The drain from each enemy knockdown is not reduced by endurance reduction.)

Did you not take Quick Recovery from Willpower?  It is more effective than stamina.  Two slotted Quick Recovery and two slotted Stamina with endurance mods in the slots should give you more endurance than you can ever get through, without being affected by endurance draining enemies.  Failing that, adding Performance Shifter +End in a slot and Miracle +Recovery and Numina +Regen/Recovery can further mitigate endurance use.

One would think it would be enough, in some cases it's true,but it depends on your primary. I have a tw/wp scrapper and even with both stamina and quick recovery along with endurance procs it seems she is still starved for stamina from time to time. My poor SS/inv brute is constantly gasping for a breath even after a few attacks and I have her toggles as well as her attacks slotted with endurance reduction enhancements. I try to just use the toggles that are most needed for a particular enemy group on and I turn the others off and even then it feels like it isn't enough.

Yeah. Someone asked me today how an Invul Brute could be low on end. I have run various Invul brutes and a few Inv tankers. I was like wtf?  How do you explain to someone how the ocean can be wet?  I do not know what reality they live in but Invul eats end. I pair it with SS. My first 50 back in the day and with Dark. Dark solves a lot of the end issues.  Stir just writing SS/Inv makes me want to alt another one and smash. It is late. I will dust off one or roll a new one. Because. Smash. Can someone email me some blues?

Did you not take Quick Recovery from Willpower?  It is more effective than stamina.  Two slotted Quick Recovery and two slotted Stamina with endurance mods in the slots should give you more endurance than you can ever get through, without being affected by endurance draining enemies.  Failing that, adding Performance Shifter +End in a slot and Miracle +Recovery and Numina +Regen/Recovery can further mitigate endurance use.

One would think it would be enough, in some cases it's true,but it depends on your primary. I have a tw/wp scrapper and even with both stamina and quick recovery along with endurance procs it seems she is still starved for stamina from time to time. My poor SS/inv brute is constantly gasping for a breath even after a few attacks and I have her toggles as well as her attacks slotted with endurance reduction enhancements. I try to just use the toggles that are most needed for a particular enemy group on and I turn the others off and even then it feels like it isn't enough.

I don't think it, I play it.  I have a TW/WP Brute and WP/TW Tank, and neither of them have endurance issues. If it isn't enough, slot more aggressively, with three endurance modifications in Stamina and Quick Recovery AND the endurance procs.

I didn't say anything about Invuln.  Invuln is an old-school set with old-school set problems like endurance management, and it doesn't inherently have ANY endurance management powers, so yes, I can see how you would have problems with that, but again, I was talking about this topic which is about Willpower not Invuln.

If the above posters suggestion is not enough, you can always get superior conditioning and physical perfection from the epic power pools until you can fully IO yourself out.

Also true.

Still, I can't imagine a scenario where Anything/Willpower could have endurance issues.  Even titan weapons with willpower never needs to pop a blue, it's one of the most endurance efficient secondaries.  I think the OP is missing Quick Recovery.

This.

Get your end recovery powers straightened out first. WP should never need endurance help.

I have Quick Recovery slotted with Efficiency Adaptor

My attacks all have sets in them, though I still need to fill out two more Unrelenting Fury in Cobra Strike (including the one that has chance for end reduction cost proc)

My Endurance consumption is listed 2.33%/sec

My Recovery Rate is 3.67%/sec (base is 1.67%).

That end consumption is way too high. Slot your toggles with one endRedux each (except Combat Jumping which doesn't need it). That should knock you down to around ~1.4%/sec end consumption which is closer to where it should be.