Praetorian Interface Recolor

Is this a "utility"?  I'm not sure it counts, so feel free to adjust placement if needed.  I used it back in the day and found it while deep-diving into some old files.  I also didn't make this, but I don't know who did since it's been so long, so sorry if I stole credit for your work...whoever you are!

Anyway, back in the day, when every side had its own character creation screen that matched the colors of the Enhancement screen, and such, some of us found the Praetorian gold one a little jarring, so some nice player created this Interface update that changes the gold to purple.  In the game's current format, this only changes the enhancement screen and the level up screen, and doesn't modify character creation at all, but it still makes things a little easier on the eyes.  So for those that want it, here ya go.

The instructions are included, but just to be clear, you simply copy the contents of the .zip file into the "data" subdirectory wherever you have the game installed.

purple background.zip

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later
  • 1 month later

Likely just a rename, if you find the correct file. Like the ones in that zip file are p_background_skyline (etc.) - the others are probably something like h_background and v_background. You'd find the original P_background_skylines, extract them, rename them and put them in the proper directory.

(Purely guessing on the names. No, I don't have the files.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 2 weeks later
  • 5 weeks later
  • 5 months later
  • 1 month later
  • 1 month later
22 hours ago, Vindicator said:

Bump!  Still looking for a way to get gold instead of red, blue, or purple.  Thanks.

Just to be sure... you're looking for a gold-colored background no matter the alignment right ?

I may be able to do that.

For my own, i'm looking for a way to get the purple UI for powers and enhancements similar to what /uiskin 2 provides. But obviously this doesn't stick through alts, re-logging, and last time i tried it did reset itself after a while.

That seem to be a lot more work than just the background though...

cityofheroes-beta_4EgeQeTzdT.png

On 8/27/2021 at 12:25 PM, Zed said:

Just to be sure... you're looking for a gold-colored background no matter the alignment right ?

I may be able to do that.

Hi Zed,

Yes, that's correct... I'm looking for a gold-colored background regardless of alignment.

Thank you 🙂

Edited by Vindicator

• 1 month later
6 hours ago, Zed said:

Hi again.
Sorry for the delay, i got side tracked.

Give it a shot on CoH Modder: Praetorian background UI.
I hope this is what you're looking for 🙂

Hi Zed,

It works perfectly on the enhancement screen, and the SG registration page.  THANK YOU 🙂

As for the description in CoH Modder (pasted below), I haven't been able to get it working in character creation or the costume editor yet... but having my gold enhancement screen back is already AWESOME!

Mod Name: Praetorian background UI
Mod Author: Zed
Mod Version: 2
Mod Description: Gives the praetorial yellow background no matter your alignment.
Applies to character creation and costume editor.

Edited by Vindicator