Attuned Enhancements upper level isn't capped by set level?

MrSnottyPants

I thought attuned enhancements stopped growing beyond the highest level of the set.  Ex: My level 25 tank's Triumphant Insult enhancement should stop at level 20, cause it's a 10-20 set.

That's not what I'm seeing.  Looking at the auction house, attuned enhancements from higher level taunt sets show the same bonus.  So unless it's a display issue, I'm thinking there is no cap.

Is this one of those recent improvements? 

The bonuses carry over to higher levels just fine. What an upper level cap does is prevent the actual enhancement values from scaling further up. So a lvl 40 Decimation that gives acc/dam, will give the same acc/dam at lvl 50, and the enhancement bonus is still available at lvl 50 so if you 5 slotted it for that 6.25% recharge it's still viable, as that 6.25% in my example will only drop off if exemplared below the minimum level threshold for the enhancement.

• 4 weeks later

I have to wonder why the devs came up with these enhancement sets that stopped at a certain level. I can kind of see why certain sets weren't available until later, but at the time, unslotters weren't a thing. One would either respec or slot over a previous set to get the sets that would actually go up to 50. 

I look at eradication; it's got some good bonuses - but I want the set to go up to 50!

• 2 weeks later
On 8/30/2019 at 8:57 AM, Ukase said:

I have to wonder why the devs came up with these enhancement sets that stopped at a certain level. I can kind of see why certain sets weren't available until later, but at the time, unslotters weren't a thing. One would either respec or slot over a previous set to get the sets that would actually go up to 50. 

I look at eradication; it's got some good bonuses - but I want the set to go up to 50!

You may not actually need them to go up to 50 once you get fully set-slotted and you have all the set bonuses stacking on top of the IOs' inherent values. I have Kinetic Combat slotted in most of my melee characters, it caps at 40 and only has 5 enhancements to the set, but I've never had any trouble hitting or damaging anything.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!