Art/Commission Sharing Thread

Unfortunately I haven't really been able to commission any artwork of my characters for myself, but I do have a few pieces done of my main character that were paid for as gifts by some wonderful friends! In spoiler tags because they're some biiig images.

Fighting Gold done in a style meant to imitate the manga Jojo's Bizarre Adventure on which she was heavily based:

artist: Viored

Spoiler

LwilJdv.jpeg

htIACVi.jpeg

Fighting Gold and her fiancé Rebelle:

arist: Squaffle

Spoiler

PKQrUab.png

cRNoqTU.jpeg

Also as a gift from one of those friends was this piece of my character Fun Gal with her boyfriend Strobelite:

artist: Unfortunately this is an older commission and I can't remember who the artist was >.< I'll edit this post to properly credit them once I've found their name again!

Spoiler

u2eWAP8.jpg

• Like 6

In the great comic tradition of Bamf dolls, courtesy of Stitchy Button on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchyButton?ref=shop_sugg

image.thumb.png.33589b800cd586482e7dd654d41fc95a.png

I opted to go for a little less stylized one this time, since I already have a Dragg doll with button eyes.

• Like 6

Draggynn, Storm Summoning/Psychic Defender, formerly a resident of Virtue

My collection of commissioned art: https://www.deviantart.com/drag-gynn

• 2 weeks later

Another incredible @MysteryMouse commission to share with all of you.  This time, it's not of my characters at all, but a gift for a friend.  I give you Ternada and Tirsada D'Spite, Teir'Dal originally from the city of Neriak.  These days they show up more often in the Rogue Isles where they regularly lead incarnate trials:

image.thumb.png.f1ccbdf12abe434ec0de43193f2236e5.png

(hmm quality may have suffered some in my effort to shrink it down for the forums.  Full version should be available on my Deviant Art shortly)

• Like 5

I volunteered artwork as a prize for the recent Pride event on Homecoming. This is Lion's Pride, winner of the biography contest.

(note: I work primarily in graphite, but do occasionally add selective color in Photoshop as part of post-processing. The braid was mentioned specifically as being done in Pride colors, so I wanted to make sure to capture it) 

I also recorded an ASMR video of the making-of the picture, and will post a link when it goes live Friday morning 🙂

210701_lions_pride_rainbow.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I only have a few old ones from back in live.

First some bits of my first character who I played from the last days of Beta to close (though less so as she hit 50), my Dark/Regen Scrapper Blood Rose, aka Anno Yuki. My original thought was a plant/human hybrid sort of modeled on Kodachi Kuno, but as I got deeper into the lore, I decided that she'd either been affected by or was the Devouring Earth mutations. She had a special dislike for the Council and 5th Column for kidnapping her kids and killing her husband and the DE had a special hate for as a perceived traitor.

Art pieces by Daniel Fu (believe it was at a convention) and RoninDude (DeviantArt)

ThrythlindCsmall.thumb.png.cad56f7586d2d74a044fc994ad7921f2.png

blood_rose_vs_vandal___vines_by_thrythlind_d1mjo22.thumb.jpg.88fbc035ed95303e269d98c5b3762d34.jpg

Next is a character I made right out of Beta. My Fire/Fire godzilla-girl tank I played with my family and friends team, Wyrmling. (originally just supposed to be a dragon-lady, but The Green Team look made her look more Godzilla, ergo her eventual battle-cry of "Your kaiju-fu is not strong!" Also my brothers and friends.

Trying to remember all the names now. Ah, found the Deviant Art entry: My RL family team, including some family friends.

This was our roster at its largest.

Wyrmling: Fire/Fire/Energy Tank
Veridian Ankh: Empathy/Psychic/Psychic Defender
GreenMach: Electricity/Electricity/Electricity Blaster
Tejou: Gravity/Kinetics/Earth Controller
Kenka Suru: Claws/Reflexes/Body Scrapper

Frost Beetle: Ice/Devices Blaster

rockbody: Earth/Earth Tank

Surge Protector: Elec/Devices Blaster

The Roster pic and the goofy Wyrmling destroying things pic were done by Drowtales. The bit with Wyrmling sitting on a building throne is John Becaro. I'm trying to remember who did the pic of her standing over a defeated koopa monster.

cityofheroes.thumb.png.4c053e3f0001cbfcf5b63b87aa00765b.png

kaiju_fu_by_ben_rodriguez_by_thrythlind_d143mvt.thumb.jpg.f467baa3206c1d1a85e11111447f46cc.jpg

chibizilla.JPG.b3ff3066d63c5017ab762dfaed43f0aa.JPG

wyrmling_by_john_becaro_by_thrythlind_d1qw98a.thumb.jpg.a89434e9c9c4ae8e2819f18acdcb88f1.jpg

Next is my Darkness / Electricity Defender, Trying to remember the artists who did Endcaller Mara.

endcaller_mara_by_desingahv_by_thrythlind_d26njrx.thumb.jpg.62aa8a54607e2cca549a068cba3d6f5f.jpgendcaller.thumb.jpg.5ad3fc458effaa63769ffbafdf318ff9.jpg

And then some pics of assorted other characters, Calico Rey (a what-if Ranma Saotome and Tanya Rey of Gold-Diggers had a kid), Satyr-Dae, a defender that I believe was Storm/Lightning.

familyfriendsremasteredintechnicolor.thumb.jpg.aaff0283b35f4fb7fecea33f9bd91bf7.jpg

Satyr_Dae___Commission_by_freyals.thumb.jpg.9d718c8118b1592697e213086d249093.jpg

Annnd a piece of art that I got from Fred Perry (someone else colored it) around when the game was shutting down.  Calico Rey and Castle Rat were both inspired by his characters (Castle-Rat was my cosplaying wererat scrapper, in this case she's cosplaying Calico... who is unamused that a much more powerful hero is dressed as her) and Medusae aka Terra Black, whom Fred had drawn another commission of a while before. I have more of Terra, but this is the only pic that's really CoH specific since I've had her around a few settings.comp_entry_colouring_1__out_for_patrol_by_shadaan-d5sfk2t.thumb.jpg.7530987bcd5f1f427827e40aaab174ae.jpg

• Like 5

Wait. I DO have some new art. I was just thinking about this as Scion 2e art because I've made a Scion of Mokosh I hope to play based on my Beasts Mastermind, A Modern Red.

So, here's some headshots of Míša Kedzierski, aka A Modern Red. And one with some friends.

luke-scion-2verysm.png.75431fbdffbde43b3e6942e287a00f6c.png

999736321_07_Ma_jassydapoo.thumb.png.51a4d4608c8121f3147b99a248ad6aad.png

1388290378_07_Ma_kawliflower.thumb.png.f6ad43c2c1e268d27ff2c035a90d9eff.png

378830174_07_Ma_ShaniceTJN.thumb.png.1f4bf1ebc5b3f6e6c16a95b51f29ce18.png

2044079061_07_Ma_yyoonncc_2.thumb.jpg.f7b16a0f92fc9dbbf91bb7e519880030.jpg

• Like 8

On 7/6/2021 at 7:43 AM, Dreamboat said:

The ever-lovin' Stuntmaster, courtesy of Sebastián Franchini:

I see someone went to faultline recently 🙂

10 hours ago, First Player said:

My RPSG The Marvels by @Astrubal

Very nice!  Were those commissioned all at once, or separately and then assembled?  Also the prices seem very reasonable!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later
On 7/6/2021 at 11:43 PM, Dreamboat said:

The ever-lovin' Stuntmaster, courtesy of Sebastián Franchini:

stuntmaster_send.thumb.png.c8c5f8bf52c67288fffb8d72f8859720.png

This is how I always have, and always will, imagine Stunts.

One of my favorite heroes to see on Everlasting.

Franchini is soooo talented, he can do so many styles. This is such great art, congrats!

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recent commission Glyphica by AcuDraws! [mildly NSFW]

I requested that he take some liberties with her in-game design- specifically her tattoos. There were a lot of elements of his personal style I wanted to see imprinted on Glyph. It's my current favorite of her art collection. I'm just incredibly thrilled will how it came out, and how much attention he paid to the details. 

Speaking of details, if you want to zoom in to see the tattoos, blemishes on her skin, logo on the grill of the truck, etc, etc: there is 16mb version available as well.

Glyphica - AcuDraws - Commission [Web].jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

Fun fact about Mysterymouse's picture of Julian: it sort of happened in character.

Julian was hanging out with Ember Amber (one of my characters, who, in our fiction, is an artist in addition to being a Fire/Kin Controller), and since he doesn't show up on cameras (go figure) she drew his portrait in front of the fireplace (after convincing him to dress up in those tight pants). The faces in the flame is supposed to be her interpretation of Julian's range of moods.

It's awesome to see what started out as just a spur of the moment roleplaying idea end up as a completed piece! 😄

• Like 3

On 8/12/2021 at 10:46 AM, nwisth said:

It's awesome to see what started out as just a spur of the moment roleplaying idea end up as a completed piece! 😄

Oooo, how clever!  I have no in game justification for any of my art. 😞  (which is probably good, because then I would just get more of it)

Speaking of which, latest piece by shuravf.  She gave me two versions, a bright and a stormier one and I'm not sure which I prefer (larger version on my deviant art page):

image.thumb.png.df25e6779cfffdb07d95eb583e6b9b3b.pngimage.thumb.png.bc20f13d424b63b45cc82a0303e7d180.png

• Like 5