Could /localtime be an OSD of some sort?

dmaker

I was wondering if /localtime could be an on screen display toggle of some sort? Maybe even something like how we can track combat attributes. I do have a macro for it, but would be nice if it was an on screen toggle. 

• Like 1

You could turn on Chat Timestamps ... have a custom chat tab, with a custom Global channel (that onlyyou are a member of) ... and a macro or keybind that sends "<-- is the current time" to that channel.  Hit the key/button, and voila, you get the current time.

Not as good as a straight-up clock, but a reasonable workaround in the meantime.  🙂

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

• 2 weeks later

Just noting that /showtime 1 will pop up an OSD for in-game time (a 30-minute day/night cycle)... which, given the number of missions and hunts that need to be at (game) night, would seem more useful than, well, an onscreen realtime clock.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

That depends on what you need the real-time clock FOR, Shananigunner.

Let's say it's 10am, on a Saturday.  I've sat down at my PC with my breakfast, and I want to play some City of Heroes.  But, I have plans to meet some friends at 2 that afternoon, almost five miles away and across the river ... and I'm getting there by bicycle.  So, allowing for mid-ride delays like traffic, etc, and wanting to get there a touch early?  I have to be leaving no later than 1pm, and I'll need ~30 minutes (ish) to get dressed, gather everything semi-portable together - GoPro, wallet/keys/phone, pepper spray, tail lights, battery for the headlight, etc.

So, I want to know when it's noon.  If I don't have a clock on my desk or on my wall - and if my phone is charging, next to the lights, across the room?

An on-screen clock I can keep my eye on would be SUPREMELY helpful in that situation.  🙂

NOTE: the above scenario is actually not all that unlikely; I do use my bicycle to get around, and one of the things I meet friends for is riding on the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail .... the northernmost end of which is about 4.5 miles south of me, on the other side of the Merrimack River.  🙂 

Edited by PaxArcana

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

What about a 3rd party time OSD? I'm sure Somebody has made one for gaming purposes.

And a quick google-fail keeps coming up with odd windows things.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:12 PM, Vanden said:

Maybe they could put the local time in the Combat Attributes window, another attribute you can choose to monitor.

The problem is that numbers in the windows are static. If they could do something like when you activate the /showFPS, then it'd be live data.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)