Minimal FX Granite Armor

Solarverse

Both great ideas. Anything that gives us options and escape from what we currently have. I want to create a Stone Tank so bad, but I just can't get around the whole stone man looking thing. It kills it for me. Reminds me of DE.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Both great ideas. Anything that gives us options and escape from what we currently have. I want to create a Stone Tank so bad, but I just can't get around the whole stone man looking thing. It kills it for me. Reminds me of DE.

It's kind of funny - powers like granite armor kind of give an insight into the minds of the devs while the game was in development;  "Players won't mind if we completely override the appearances that they've worked so hard on crafting, because this fits our vision of how the ultimate power should work"...

• Like 3

Stone needs completely redone IMO.

The penalties on granite are too harsh in the modern game.  

And being able to exemplar is more important than it was when it was created.   

And of course the look is outdated and ugly.   

Though granite is less ugly than wearing a flowerbed.

• Like 3

I've long felt that Granite players got a raw deal because except for VEATS and their Spider Backpack thing Granite is the ONLY power in the game that forces an appearance change on you.

I can have a 2' tall Pixie with SS/Invul if I want but the minute the same costume is put under Granite...boom...ugly stone person.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr.Sinister said:

Remove the -damage and add +damage instead.  No way that huge rock monster hits softer than the 2’ fairy it was for 32 levels.  

I hope you're joking about this because one of the best features of the game is that how you look has NO bearing on what you can or cannot do. You can Wings but not fly, for example.

It may be that the Granite change was put in place as a PvP thing so others would know when the enemy was under that effect but whatever the reason, it's an outlier in a game that otherwise supports freedom of choice.

1 hour ago, EyeLuvBooks said:

I hope you're joking about this because one of the best features of the game is that how you look has NO bearing on what you can or cannot do. You can Wings but not fly, for example.

It may be that the Granite change was put in place as a PvP thing so others would know when the enemy was under that effect but whatever the reason, it's an outlier in a game that otherwise supports freedom of choice.

Uh... the point is it’s a power selection and not a costume...  you’re still a 2’ fairy you’re just encased in 10 feet of rock.  If the 2’ fairy hits with X damage. I would expect the 2’ fairy in 2 tons of rock to hit with X+ damage.  

So yes, I am serious.  Granite should have +damage.  Your costume shouldn’t affect anything.  

Guardian survivor

I assume that the -damage went hand in hand with the -speed, in the devs' minds; you are hard, but your punches aren't, because you're slowwwwww.

(This was 2003; tankers aren't supposed to do damage, they just stand in front and taunt and get beat on, and Stone is the ultimate expression of that in this game.)

Edited by Megajoule

I really don't mind the granite look, but can we do something about the movement limitations? I feel like playing a stone sheep (they won't cross a line, thinking it a fence). Not being able to cross a tiny crack in the ground or shadow across the way because the figure can't lift feet is crazy. Having to take teleport to just sort of keep up is highly annoying. I was around for the attempt at mixed armor look for granite and it basically is what the BIO armor looks like now, just a grey version with rough texture. It was a clipping nightmare, but if they solved it for BIO, why not let that BE the FX light option?

Let the user skin it for rock, lava, crystal or stalagmites and then pick colors. Bam.

Forcing the player that chose a short toon to suddenly be 'tall' because is silly enough. The camera angles come out wrong, the perspective shift is jarring. There are smaller models for the devouring earth, why not use them scaled to the player? --Maybe just a 5-10% growth instead of boom fifteen feet if an inch.