A Question from The Homecoming Team

Jimmy

• City Council

Hello everyone!

Today we have a simple question for everyone: What do you want to see out of a legitimate, licensed City of Heroes server?

As a caveat, this thread is not a Q&A and we won’t be answering questions here. We’re primarily looking to gather everyone’s thoughts and feedback about what they’d like to see from us going forward - both operationally and for the game itself!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I would love to not have to start over again! 🙂 Also, it would be great to see new incarnate slots developed and for the overall story arc of the game to be moved forward. I'm dying to see what Battalion looks like.

Editing to add something important I forgot.... It would of course be amazing to see original members of the Dev team from live returning to the game (as long as they don't touch all the awesome stuff that was added in i25 :p)

Edited by RadicalRay
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

That's a real interesting question to ask. Real interesting...

But in addition to the "new content pls" you've heard a few times now - I'd love to see those alternate travel sets going - I just want support. The original devs were great people, and I'd love to see that back - transparency, friendliness, the occasional silly admin-run event like how the devs would roleplay as their characters and do fun things with them... that was a big part of what made this community so great to me.

Edited by CaptainGame
  • Like 7

If and when you open the spigot on art development, an initial focus on improving the existing world and character assets to update the look of the game that is prioritized over bolting new assets on.

Bolting on a bunch of new costume options that require we need to dig through the 80% which are older / lower resolution / buggy / etc pieces isn't in our best interests.

Likewise, slapping a new coat of paint on players but leaving the zones looking like it's 15 years ago doesn't serve us well in terms of the games sustainability.

• Like 16
  • Confused 1

Honestly?  More face options and hair styles for male characters.  I tend to gravitate to maybe 3-4 face options because the rest are unappealing, and maybe 5 hair styles because it's like the original developers focused only on giving 'good' hair styles to female characters.

• Like 17

It would be amazing if some of the old live team could liase with the current team about what overarching plans for moving forward incarnate content would have been, with a view to trying to implement it someday (or an iteration upon 'it')

• Like 3