A Question from The Homecoming Team

Jimmy

On 10/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, Knyghte said:

How about P2W vendor selling some ground bound vehicular travel powers like Motorcycles.  I really want a big bad bike for my toon to ride around on.

Definitely. I want to emulate the Japanese Kamen Rider and I'm sure others would like to emulate Captain America or Ghost Rider. Or even Batman who does ride bikes in some versions.

I really like your idea, Palehood!

I do wonder how realistic it is to ask the Homecoming developers for art assets, even if they are ones already in game though. I know that code is one thing but art assets? I have no idea if that's impossible or easy or somewhere in between.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, Palehood said:

How about adding more bug body parts so players can create heroes/villains that look more insect-like? I'm not the only one who thinks so. 😉 https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/505-need-ideas-for-insect-like-costume/

Ive been wanting to make my rad roach/Zorak for awhile...sign no love for our insect overlords/

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On 9/20/2021 at 8:08 AM, SableShrike said:

See, I'd be cool with that!  I like that Pools give us options to build in non-standard directions, but with a lot of the attacks being so terribly bad we as of now can't do that.

I think Flurry should be a Smashing-only AoE cone like Sands of Mu, too.

For "good" Pool attacks we have Air Superiority, Arcane Bolt (which got fixed recently), Spring Attack, and Cross Punch.

In short, I wanna have the ability to use other Pool attacks and still be viable.

Have a couple of new alts that have taken Arcane Bolt and it is a good power.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

On 10/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, Palehood said:

How about adding more bug body parts so players can create heroes/villains that look more insect-like? I'm not the only one who thinks so. 😉 https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/505-need-ideas-for-insect-like-costume/

Bug parts!  Grasshopper legs!!!  Bug eyes would be cool.

After that,  more animal body parts.

• Like 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

• 2 weeks later

This list is long, but the absolute essentials for me are:

• Keep it free if possible, and absolutely NO microtransaction models. These range from innocuous to absolutely malignant in other games, and I'd rather not open that door.
  • Keep continuity - meaning everything I've done and created in HC since it was revealed carries over into the "legit" version of the game.
  • I'd like to see you guys, the devs, GMs and mods get a little moolah for everything you've done and hopefully everything you'll continue to do. You guys deserve a paycheck, damnit.
  • Some goddamn way to have multiple characters with the same local name. I feel like we're in the dark ages here. I understand its not a simple fix but it would seriously open the floodgates for a lot of us creators.
  • Continued development and new content, of course. Mostly, I'd like to see new costume pieces, particularly ripped from the NPCs. Seriously, if you just put me on a drip of quarterly updates with NPC costume pieces I'd be a happy camper. But also develop the endgame, try to finish the Incarnate system, find way to expand the character creator (third color options, layering options, additional costume slots, etc. New arcs, along the lines of Dr. Aeon's Strike Force. All that jazz.
  • Some kind of assurance or promise to try and play neutral ground in an increasingly politicized and polarized landscape. I know this is a touchy subject for many, but I hope I speak for many of us when I say I come to this game to escape and create, not tackle the issues of the day. Obviously its a careful balance, because you want newer stories to be relevant to new audiences, and you want to be accepting to as many as you can. But just as the game has a firm "Teen" rating, I'd like any legit service to have a firm commitment to not playing political hockey with our IP for likes or press. I grow ever wearier of that in the general pop culture milieu and am frankly sick of seeing some of my favorite IPs be consumed, diluted or mutilated by companies trying to make a quick buck off the "culture wars". I understand some will see this last point as a dog whistle or what have you, but I really do just want some place where I can chill and make heroes with minimal fuss. Lord knows there's plenty to fuss about IRL.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, hieronymusboss said:
  • Some goddamn way to have multiple characters with the same local name. I feel like we're in the dark ages here. I understand its not a simple fix but it would seriously open the floodgates for a lot of us creators.

YES, a thousand times yes. i've had to shred characters because every name i could think of was taken (i dont even have the character name for my global on everlasting )....but we already use @GLOBALNAME , it would be nice if we were IDed by that first and character name second since it's highly unlikely i'm going to run in the same circles as another Megawatt and it opens up possibilities for folks playing minions or 'surprise Doctor Ragnarok has 4 robot duplicates!'

• Like 1

I really wish there was a way to choose different sounds for the sonic attacks.

As a bird type character, it would be nice to have some bird screech sounds.

I would also love to see some feather body parts and skins.  We have fur body and legs, but no feather body and legs to go with the bird talons feet and bird heads.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Game Master
On 11/8/2021 at 10:11 PM, hieronymusboss said:

• Some kind of assurance or promise to try and play neutral ground in an increasingly politicized and polarized landscape. I know this is a touchy subject for many, but I hope I speak for many of us when I say I come to this game to escape and create, not tackle the issues of the day. Obviously its a careful balance, because you want newer stories to be relevant to new audiences, and you want to be accepting to as many as you can. But just as the game has a firm "Teen" rating, I'd like any legit service to have a firm commitment to not playing political hockey with our IP for likes or press. I grow ever wearier of that in the general pop culture milieu and am frankly sick of seeing some of my favorite IPs be consumed, diluted or mutilated by companies trying to make a quick buck off the "culture wars". I understand some will see this last point as a dog whistle or what have you, but I really do just want some place where I can chill and make heroes with minimal fuss. Lord knows there's plenty to fuss about IRL.

We are very firm in the neutral ground area. Politics and "flavour of the day" stuff is very much out of bounds as far as possible. Sometimes we don't get it right, but we try for inclusivity no matter the race, gender, gender identity, sexuality, political opinions etc. I honestly can't see that changing, we are a multinational team from all corners of the world and one countries hot button topic is another countries "meh". I'm sure Americans don't care about a minor British scandal, or an Australian election problem any more than we non Americans care about a particular politician or scandal dominating the landscape over there. It may be relevant to you in real life, but not in this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 8

20 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

We are very firm in the neutral ground area. Politics and "flavour of the day" stuff is very much out of bounds as far as possible. Sometimes we don't get it right, but we try for inclusivity no matter the race, gender, gender identity, sexuality, political opinions etc. I honestly can't see that changing, we are a multinational team from all corners of the world and one countries hot button topic is another countries "meh". I'm sure Americans don't care about a minor British scandal, or an Australian election problem any more than we non Americans care about a particular politician or scandal dominating the landscape over there. It may be relevant to you in real life, but not in this game.

Glad to hear it. I would have follow-up questions, but I don't want to risk derailing this thread. I seriously appreciate the reply. I was hoping that last point wouldn't be ignored. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Game Master
On 11/12/2021 at 3:14 PM, hieronymusboss said:

Glad to hear it. I would have follow-up questions, but I don't want to risk derailing this thread. I seriously appreciate the reply. I was hoping that last point wouldn't be ignored. 😄

You can always DM me on discord. I can't promise to answer your questions, but if I know or am allowed I can try. Some things I truly don't know, other things I'm obviously not allowed to say, but if I know the answer I'm happy to clarify any queries you might have. Things you brought up in your post like microtransactions, we feel the same way and it's not even on our radar. The other stuff is pretty much where we would like to go. New content, continuity etc. The name thing is harder due to the way the game stores stuff in the database, but please pay me. I have dogs who need feeding 🙂. Seriously, we all do this for the love of the game and our respect for players. Helping as a GM has been a privilege for the last nearly 2 years and is still as satisfying now as the day I started 

• Like 1

The game has a fairly large farming contingent that satisfies the alt-focused portion of the player population. This is an exclusively rewarding path for many players who want this and it's a good aspect of the game. But, it's not for everyone.

How about content that goes in exactly the opposite direction for those who prefer the marathon approach? Locales (zones, not just trials), content, new powers, enhancements, costume options and rewards/badges that are only available to post-incarnate players who like to focus on one character. If you log in with an alt of level 50 (lower levels are fine, we don't want to discourage playing alts altogether), all progress, powers and rewards gained from this special content is lost and you have to start the special content over. Acquisition and progress would be slow and challenging (harder content since the players should know the hero mechanics at this level), the result of a conscious decision by players to forego rapid advancement across many toons in exchange for difficult-to-acquire rewards and progress for one toon through dedicated game play towards specific goals.  Of course, this would also mean you'd only ever have one character per account on this path, because if you do it with another, then all the progress of the first is wiped. So, it has replayability, but it will  never become the new AE farm option (because we already have that).

This is a big trade-off for players who would choose this and it also isn't for everyone. You won't have 50 alts reaching these goals, so the rewards should be equally big in return.

Something along those lines...

• City Council

Okay, this thread has long outlived it's usefulness. We're still happy to hear your suggestions and/or feedback, we'd just prefer it in the Suggestions & Feedback forum, not this old thread. See you there!

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!