Succubus power combination

Dragonfire

One other question on a hero/villain concept.  I was thinking to create a succubus, but was unsure of the power sets.  Would controller illusion control/kinetics work?  That way, she would have the power draining abilities from kinetics, and with illusion, the historically claimed powers to make people see what she wants.

Illusion/kinetics can work - but so could ill/dark for a different type of power drain (not to mention "curses" and stealth).  Also, if the illusions really are just in the minds of the victims, a mind/kin or mind/dark controller could work as well.  And just to muddy the waters further, I could see a mind/psionics dominator playing the role too.

• Like 1

I did my darndest to give my illusion.rad controller the look. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Ok, let's say I try mind/psi dom, with presence and teleport for travel.  Thematically that could work.  A mind/kin controller with presence would also work, I think, as they historically drain life, which is what kinetics is for.  Maybe Force of Will also?

My thought for a Mind/Kin Controller:

Primary

All

Secondary

All but Repel

Pool: Presence

Pacify, Intimidate, Unrelenting

Pool: Force of Will

Weaken Resolve, Project Will, Unleash Potential, Wall of Force

The downside is that doesn't leave a power free for teleport, unless there's a primary/secondary that I can drop to add that in.

For a Mind/Psi Dominator:

Primary: all

Secondary: all

Teleport: self

Concealment: Stealth

Presence: Pacify, intimidate, unrelenting

Force of Will: weaken resolve

How would that work?  Are there any primary/secondary powers I might not want in favor of some other powers?

2 hours ago, Dragonfire said:

with presence and teleport for travel.

Unless you need to take Recall Friend ... if you're going to want a Teleport power for travel, take Mystic Flight from the Sorcery pool instead.

Also, use of Enflame might be somewhat thematic, depending on what "style" of Succubus you're trying to play ... since it literally "gives the hots" to your $Target (ally or foe!).

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

It depends all on your interpretation of a "succubus". In the classic/mythological sense, it was a night terror experience where they had to touch you (melee) to drain your life essence. Thematically Dark melee: (brute/tanker/scrapper/stalker) Soul Drain, Siphon Life, Touch of Fear all seem congruent.

In modern interpretations, they are red-skinned, bat-winged, thigh-high wearing dominatrices with aptitude for fire. 

I think it all matters on your interpretation. 

City of Heroes has their own "lore" so-to-speak on Succubus in the Hellion's "Girlfriend from Hell" that you can spot often in Perez Park. Where they seem to correspond to MM's.

Powers: Corruption, Crack Whip, Lash, Summon Demonlings, Resistance (Fire), Fly.

And the lore pet Succubus which has a fireball and fear power.

Edited by Rocketeur
  • Thanks 1

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam