Macros for the Masses(and keybinds too!)

TrexelCat

So, being the helpful sort that I am, I thought I would post some keybinds and a macro that I use on all my characters. Feel free to use them and modify them as you wish!

/bind enter "afk Typing...$$startchat"
/bind / "afk Slashing...$$beginchat /"
/bind numpadenter "afk OOCing...$$beginchat OOC: "
/bind ; "afk Emoting...$$beginchat ;"
/bind backspace "afk Sending a tell...$$autoreply"

• AFK - any text that appears after this, but before $$ will appear in a little bubble above your character's head using the AFK system.
  • startchat - Literally just starts the chat input window. No additional characters after it accepted.
  • beginchat - Opens the chat input window, the same as startchat, however any characters placed after it automatically appear in the chat.
  • autoreply - functions exactly the same as default backspace. Opens the chat window and places the name of the last person who sent you a tell in the chat.
  • $$ - Line break. Like hitting enter mid code line. Allows you to make multi-line macros and binds using a single line of text.

/macro LFG "lfg Level $level $primary $secondary $archetype looking for team $side side."

Places a new "power" in your powers tray labeled 'LFG' that when activated automatically posts to the [Looking For Group] channel with the line of text seen above.

• $level - Gets replaced with your current characters current level.
  • $primary - Gets replaced with the name of your current characters primary power set.
  • $secondary - Gets replaced with the name of your current characters secondary power set.
  • $archetype - Gets replaced with your current characters Archetype.
  • $side - Gets replaced with which side your current character plays on(hero/villain).

No mods required, no editing of game files. Just copy the line you wish to use into your chat text field, modify as you like within the bounds that you can modify them, (IE: startchat will never accept text after it, no matter how hard you try to make it), then hit enter. Presto, modification made.

Feel free to reply to this with your own binds and macros! We were heralded as one of the(if not the only) friendliest community of players in MMO history, let's keep that going by providing macro/bind help to those who are new to CoX, and those who once played, but can't remember some of the finer details.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Since we have a macros thread.... please can I get a little help?

I want to add a targeted battle cry, but adding $target to the normal battle cry doesn't work.  I am trying to make a macro that will add a point emote and then say the targeted phrase in local, but I keep getting an error every time I try.

If somebody could tell me how it aught to look, I'd appreciate it. :)

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

Since we have a macros thread.... please can I get a little help?

I want to add a targeted battle cry, but adding $target to the normal battle cry doesn't work.  I am trying to make a macro that will add a point emote and then say the targeted phrase in local, but I keep getting an error every time I try.

If somebody could tell me how it aught to look, I'd appreciate it. :)

I would guess it'd be something like...

/macro Cry Local "Hey, $target, GET OVER HERE!!!!"$$e point

But I can't test until I get home from work tonight. O5khXA8.gif

I'm out.

I would guess it'd be something like...

/macro Cry Local "Hey, $target, GET OVER HERE!!!!"$$e point

But I can't test until I get home from work tonight. O5khXA8.gif

That worked!! Thank you!

Now I just have to make the colours match my normal speech bubble colours, and it's perfect! :D

EDIT: YAY I FIXED IT!

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

On the topic of macros:  Is it possible to create a macro that will use powers in sequence?  Or to alternate between two powers?

Im trying to cut down on both the number of buttons on each bar.

See my Force Fielder's Bible in the Defender guide section for an example of how to do alternating macros/binds.

If I understand correctly, the method in tjat guide should work with any two powers that have a target, right?  Instead of the two different forcefields you use on an ally, I could edit the macro to use two offensive powers(presumably with similar cooldowns to avoid confusion)?

Not sure if you want to edit the OP with posted info (to have a master list of useful stuff), but here's my tuppence

Empathy Binds:

Useful for targeting team members based on their team position using the numpad

/bind numpad1 "team_select 1"

/bind numpad2 "team_select 2"

/bind numpad3 "team_select 3"

/bind numpad4 "team_select 4"

/bind numpad5 "team_select 5"

/bind numpad6 "team_select 6"

/bind numpad7 "team_select 7"

/bind numpad8 "team_select 8"

Powers bound to surrounding buttons...

/bind add "powexec_name Healing Aura"

/bind subtract "powexec_name Heal Other"

/bind multiply "powexec_name Clear Mind"

/bind divide "powexec_name Fortitude"

And the ubiquitous teleport bind to left shift & click

/bind lbutton+lshift "powexec_name Teleport"

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just like to add to this thread for those that don't know this, but multi-sequence macros using "$$" are read backwards. Meaning the last command in the sequence is read first.

For example:

powexec_toggleon Lightning Field$$cce 1 cclightning

The game will execute the costume change first, then then check to make sure the power Lightning Field is toggled on.

From actual trial and error if done like this:

cce 1 cclightning$$powexec_toggleon Lightning Field

The game will attempt to toggle the power on if it isn't, then get distracted by the costume change. Which, kinda doesn't work.

So keep in mind the order to place things in as they are executed in reverse order.

Not sure if you want to edit the OP with posted info (to have a master list of useful stuff)

I could certainly do that if it's desired.

• Like 1

A fairly comprehensive program for keybinds is CityBinder.

Also, I've been using the following setup for my DPS characters:

_import["ComplexBind"] = {}
_import["ComplexBind"][1] = {}
_import["ComplexBind"][1][1] = "inspcombine Robust \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine Rugged \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine Sturdy Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][2] = "inspcombine \"Phenomenal Luck\" \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Good Luck\" \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine Luck Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][3] = "inspcombine Escape \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine Emerge \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Break Free\" Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][4] = "inspcombine \"Uncanny Insight\" \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Keen Insight\" \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine Insight Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][5] = "inspcombine \"Second Wind\" \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Take a Breather\" \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Catch a Breath\" Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][6] = "inspcombine Resurgence \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Dramatic Improvement\" \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine Respite Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][7] = "inspcombine Restoration \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Bounce Back\" \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine Awaken Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1]["bindkey"] = "F1"

This is a complex bind for CityBinder; every time I press 'F1', it executes one of the binds above in sequence; the end effect is to pop a damage inspiration if available, and if not, to make one from a set of any other kind of inspiration.

• Like 1

_import["ComplexBind"][1][1] = "inspcombine Robust \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine Rugged \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine Sturdy Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][2] = "inspcombine \"Phenomenal Luck\" \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Good Luck\" \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine Luck Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][3] = "inspcombine Escape \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine Emerge \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Break Free\" Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][4] = "inspcombine \"Uncanny Insight\" \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Keen Insight\" \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine Insight Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][5] = "inspcombine \"Second Wind\" \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Take a Breather\" \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Catch a Breath\" Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][6] = "inspcombine Resurgence \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Dramatic Improvement\" \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine Respite Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"
_import["ComplexBind"][1][7] = "inspcombine Restoration \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspcombine \"Bounce Back\" \"Focused Rage\"$$inspcombine Awaken Enrage$$inspexecname \"Righteous Rage\"$$inspexecname \"Focused Rage\"$$inspexecname Enrage"

This is a complex bind for CityBinder; every time I press 'F1', it executes one of the binds above in sequence; the end effect is to pop a damage inspiration if available, and if not, to make one from a set of any other kind of inspiration.

I like this macro/bind.  It's similar to what I used to use for my blaster to constantly create break frees... which is what I want to set up again.

I have never used CityBinder.  Do you have to use it, or can you set up this bind in game without it?

Final note/question.  These work from the back to the front, correct?  And will only do the first it comes across, or will it do everything it can?

• Like 1

I find this bind helpful:

/bind G "targetcustomnext notmypet"

Now, when you press the G key, you will automatically target any *thing* in your field of vision (except your own pets).

These things include:

* glowies

* other players

* enemies

* doors (including elevators)

* citizens

* contacts, trainers, and so forth

This is very useful for finding glowies: press G and see what turns up in the Target display. Things like Desks, Whiteboards, and so forth are glowies to click. Note that glowies show up even if you've already clicked them.

Also helpful for finding doors, contacts, and other things you want to approach. Doors appear as "Dr" in the Target display.

Once the thing that you want to approach is in the Target display, just hit F (Follow) to move towards it.

• Like 5

Since this is a macro thread, figured i'd ask this question here:

Is there a way of showing the cooldown time on the macro after its created? Once the macro is created, you don't see the power associated to it unless you slot it in another power tray.

Any help would be awesome, if there is no way, totally understandable.

Thanks in advance.

I could have sworn we could somehow display cooldowns in macros back in the original game. I used to give my MA Scrapper a "target nearest enemy" macro for every attack, and I don't think I was stuck not knowing their cooldowns. I wish I had those old macros...

How would you write a macro that can change your costume when certain power is triggered?

I believe TrexelCat posted something like that in the first page... here

Just like to add to this thread for those that don't know this, but multi-sequence macros using "$$" are read backwards. Meaning the last command in the sequence is read first.

For example:

powexec_toggleon Lightning Field$$cce 1 cclightning

The game will execute the costume change first, then then check to make sure the power Lightning Field is toggled on.

From actual trial and error if done like this:

cce 1 cclightning$$powexec_toggleon Lightning Field

The game will attempt to toggle the power on if it isn't, then get distracted by the costume change. Which, kinda doesn't work.

So keep in mind the order to place things in as they are executed in reverse order.

Not sure if you want to edit the OP with posted info (to have a master list of useful stuff)

I could certainly do that if it's desired.

I like this macro/bind.  It's similar to what I used to use for my blaster to constantly create break frees... which is what I want to set up again.

I have never used CityBinder.  Do you have to use it, or can you set up this bind in game without it?

Final note/question.  These work from the back to the front, correct?  And will only do the first it comes across, or will it do everything it can?

I don't use CityBinder, so I have perhaps a less elegant setup of keybind files so that when I press F1-F5 it will use, respectively, inspirations for Healing, Endurance, Attack (dmg & acc), Defense (res & def), and Break Frees. F6-F8 combine inspirations to create, respectively, Heal, Endurance, and Break Frees. It's a ton of bindloadfiles firing every time I cycle through them, but it apparently worked for me enough to keep even after uninstalling the game at closure. ^_^ If anyone's interested, I'll share the mess.

Forgive me, I'm technically...challenged, I guess. Or lazy.

I know how to make a macro. At least, the macros I wanted to make, I've made them.

What I'd like to figure out, is how to copy a specific set of macros from one character to another without having to remake all of them from scratch - without copying over binds and such. Is that possible?

Thanks!

This is money right here. +inf

So I'm trying to create a keybind that targets bosses and haven't been able to get anything to work so far this is what I've tried

/bind b $target_enemy boss

/bind b $target_custom_next enemy alive boss

but neither are doing anything...Any help?

• Like 1

One of my old Villains was supposed to have multiple personalities, so I set it up with bind_load_files so that every time I hit enter to chat, it would change the colors of the chat bubble to simulate this. I tried to redo this recently, but it's not working.

The game doesn't seem to recognize the commands I put in to change the colors and just puts them into my chat entry.

The commands I started with are:

Chat1.txt enter ""beginchat <color black><bgcolor #aaaa22> "$$bindloadfile c:\coh\chat2.txt"

chat2.txt enter ""beginchat <color black><bgcolor #bbbb22> "$$bindloadfile c:\coh\chat3.txt"

chat3.txt enter ""beginchat <color black><bgcolor #cccc22> "$$bindloadfile c:\coh\chat1.txt"

But the game says it doesn't recognize the <color> commands or the ". It also disables the enter key so that I can't open chat with it.

How do I make this work?