Macros for the Masses(and keybinds too!)

TrexelCat

i actually asked this on another thread before i found this one. what i am trying to find out is where i can get a list of the different macro images for the buttons. like people have different base teleport buttons for their bases and i wanted to learn more of them. anyone know? thanks

• 2 weeks later

I am trying to get a costume change with power activation macro to work but I can't quite get it to do what I want. The issue i'm having is trying to get an emote to work without it being overwritten by the default costume change stance.

So what I want to happen is for my character to do the 'tarzan' emote, activate Rage, and change costume. What happens is rage activates and my character changes into his costume and stands with his hands on his hips (which I think is the default costume change emote) but the tarzan emote won't trigger. 

I've tried putting the commands in different order but the result is usually the same. Any thoughts?

I've posted this elsewhere but suspect it was just the wrong place...

I am trying to use the Dimension Shift Costume Change emote for things like 'teleport' and 'teleport to base' that sort of thing because its frankly the only emote I've found that looks a bit like a teleportation effect (oh for a flip out communicator emote!)

The only way I have found this to be possible is by linking it to an actual costume change but this requires two identical costumes AND for me to remember which button I used last for the costume change.

The ideal situation is one that does not rely on a costume change to happen and then I can use this emote (as well as some of the others) in other various situations.

Many thanks in advance....

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

• 3 months later
  • 3 weeks later

Hi all so I have several more complicated Macro and Binds but the gist of this is simple  

Example

/bind Numpad7 Say "Come Get Some $target! $$powexec_name Taunt $$e getsome"

on live this would change the  normal power action of this power to the emote action used,  however I find the power in this case "taunt" does not fire if the emote works and the power works if the emote is not applied. So any advice as i have a list of these that need repair. Thank you for your assistance.

AV

Edited by American Valor

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

On 6/4/2019 at 5:48 PM, HunterMS said:

Help please, looking for a macro for FLY with a flypose, any help would be appreciated.

/bind numpad8 Say “Lets Zoom!$$e flypose1$$e flypose2$$e flypose3$$e flypose4$$powexec_toggleON fly$$autorun 1”

this is my  superduper fly bind, you run then leap to fly and get your fly pose then while flying you can change poses.

enjoy

AV

Edited by American Valor

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

In case anybody is interested, I discovered an interesting quirk with a relatively simple bind I was playing with:

/bind button4 "powexec_location target Translocation$$powexec_toggleon Mystic Flight"

Now, I know what you're saying.  "So what?  You turn on Mystic Flight with one press and then TP to target with a second press and have Mystic Flight on."  Yes, if you press the button twice slowly.  BUT, if you double tap really quick, you take flight for a split second, teleport to the target and for some reason, the flight turns back off, and a lot of the time the Translocation animation "skips" and doesn't root you.  I have no idea why it works, but I do know that I'll never walk to an enemy again.  

Essentially, the bind turns Mystic Flight into full combat teleportation, on the ground or in the air, without normal TP's slow hover period or Jaunt's limited uses.  

Really useful for any melee character than wants to be Nightcrawler, but hates Teleportations annoying hover.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
On 8/24/2020 at 6:23 AM, Galamane said:

Hi all, How would i go about adding afterburner to this 

Toggle Hover/Fly

/macro Flight "powexec_name Hover$$powexec_name Fly"

I want afterburner on when fly is on and off when hover is on. Thx 

I didn't see a reply to this. If you're still wondering, I don't believe this is possible with a macro but with a bind you could do two bind files.

One toggles on fly and afterburner, and loads file two.

Two toggles off afterburner and toggles on hover, and loads file one.

I'll contribute my standard Insp binds. Since it seems the game doesn't use the right side of the keyboard much, I tied them to the inspirations they most closely resemble:

i - insight/yellow/acc

k - reds / damage (so pressing i, k, quickly to get acc and damage buff)

h - greens/health

j - blue/end (pressing h, j, quickly for more health and end)

l - purple/luck

m - orange/resist

n - break frees

Plus a set of bindfiles where pressing shift+letter combines the other insps to make that letter's insp. So "h" to consume a health, shift+h to make a health from any available insp (except from breakfrees or wakies).  This way I don't have to keep my insp tray organized at all and can use them frequently. 

keybinds.txt

H "INSPEXEC_NAME Resurgence$$INSPEXEC_NAME Invigorate$$INSPEXEC_NAME Dramatic_Improvement$$INSPEXEC_NAME Rejuvinate$$INSPEXEC_NAME Respite"
I "INSPEXEC_NAME Sight Beyond Sight$$INSPEXEC_NAME Uncanny_Insight$$INSPEXEC_NAME Keen_Insight$$INSPEXEC_NAME Tactical$$INSPEXEC_NAME Insight$$INSPEXEC_NAME Precise$$INSPEXEC_NAME Keen"
J "INSPEXEC_NAME Back in the Fight$$INSPEXEC_NAME Second_Wind$$INSPEXEC_NAME Invigorate$$INSPEXEC_NAME Take_a_Breather$$INSPEXEC_NAME Rejuvinate$$INSPEXEC_NAME Catch_a_Breath"
K "INSPEXEC_NAME Furious Rage$$INSPEXEC_NAME Righteous_Rage$$INSPEXEC_NAME Focused_Rage$$INSPEXEC_NAME Tactical$$INSPEXEC_NAME Enrage$$INSPEXEC_NAME Precise$$INSPEXEC_NAME Keen"
L "INSPEXEC_NAME Amazing_Luck$$INSPEXEC_NAME Phenomenal_Luck$$INSPEXEC_NAME Protected$$INSPEXEC_NAME Good_Luck$$INSPEXEC_NAME Luck$$INSPEXEC_NAME Amazing_Luck$$INSPEXEC_NAME Guarded$$INSPEXEC_NAME Shielded"
M "INSPEXEC_NAME Resistant$$INSPEXEC_NAME Robust$$INSPEXEC_NAME Rugged$$INSPEXEC_NAME Protected$$INSPEXEC_NAME Sturdy$$INSPEXEC_NAME Guarded$$INSPEXEC_NAME Shielded"
N "INSPEXEC_NAME Liberate$$INSPEXEC_NAME Escape$$INSPEXEC_NAME Emerge$$INSPEXEC_NAME Break Free"

inspSmall.txt

SHIFT+H "INSPCOMBINE Enrage Respite$$INSPCOMBINE Luck Respite$$INSPCOMBINE Catch_a_Breath Respite$$INSPCOMBINE Sturdy Respite$$INSPCOMBINE Insight Respite$$BINDLOADFILE inspMedium.txt"
SHIFT+I "INSPCOMBINE Enrage Insight$$INSPCOMBINE Luck Insight$$INSPCOMBINE Catch_a_Breath Insight$$INSPCOMBINE Respite Insight$$INSPCOMBINE Sturdy Insight$$BINDLOADFILE inspMedium.txt"
SHIFT+J "INSPCOMBINE Enrage Catch_a_Breath$$INSPCOMBINE Luck Catch_a_Breath$$INSPCOMBINE Respite Catch_a_Breath$$INSPCOMBINE Sturdy Catch_a_Breath$$INSPCOMBINE Insight Catch_a_Breath$$BINDLOADFILE inspMedium.txt"
SHIFT+K "INSPCOMBINE Luck Enrage$$INSPCOMBINE Catch_a_Breath Enrage$$INSPCOMBINE Respite Enrage$$INSPCOMBINE Sturdy Enrage$$INSPCOMBINE Insight Enrage$$BINDLOADFILE inspMedium.txt"
SHIFT+L "INSPCOMBINE Enrage Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Catch_a_Breath Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Respite Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Sturdy Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Insight Luck$$BINDLOADFILE inspMedium.txt"
SHIFT+M "INSPCOMBINE Enrage Sturdy$$INSPCOMBINE Luck Sturdy$$INSPCOMBINE Catch_a_Breath Sturdy$$INSPCOMBINE Respite Sturdy$$INSPCOMBINE Insight Sturdy$$BINDLOADFILE inspMedium.txt"

inspMedium.txt

SHIFT+H "INSPCOMBINE focused_rage dramatic_improvement$$INSPCOMBINE keen_insight dramatic_improvement$$INSPCOMBINE take_a_breather dramatic_improvement$$INSPCOMBINE good_luck dramatic_improvement$$INSPCOMBINE rugged dramatic_improvement$$BINDLOADFILE inspLarge.txt"
SHIFT+I "INSPCOMBINE focused_rage keen_insight$$INSPCOMBINE good_luck keen_insight$$INSPCOMBINE take_a_breather keen_insight$$INSPCOMBINE dramatic_improvement keen_insight$$INSPCOMBINE rugged keen_insight$$BINDLOADFILE inspLarge.txt"
SHIFT+J "INSPCOMBINE focused_rage take_a_breather$$INSPCOMBINE keen_insight take_a_breather$$INSPCOMBINE good_luck take_a_breather$$INSPCOMBINE dramatic_improvement take_a_breather$$INSPCOMBINE rugged take_a_breather$$BINDLOADFILE inspLarge.txt"
SHIFT+K "INSPCOMBINE keen_insight focused_rage$$INSPCOMBINE good_luck focused_rage$$INSPCOMBINE take_a_breather focused_rage$$INSPCOMBINE dramatic_improvement focused_rage$$INSPCOMBINE rugged focused_rage$$BINDLOADFILE inspLarge.txt"
SHIFT+L "INSPCOMBINE Keen_Insight Good_Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Focused_Rage Good_Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Take_a_Breather Good_Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Dramatic_Improvement Good_Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Rugged Good_Luck$$BINDLOADFILE inspLarge.txt"
SHIFT+M "INSPCOMBINE Keen_Insight Rugged$$INSPCOMBINE Focused_Rage Rugged$$INSPCOMBINE Good_Luck Rugged$$INSPCOMBINE Take_a_Breather Rugged$$INSPCOMBINE Dramatic_Improvement Rugged$$BINDLOADFILE inspLarge.txt"

inspLarge.txt

SHIFT+H "INSPCOMBINE Uncanny_Insight Resurgence$$INSPCOMBINE Righteous_Rage Resurgence$$INSPCOMBINE Phenomenal_Luck Resurgence$$INSPCOMBINE Second_Wind Resurgence$$INSPCOMBINE Robust Resurgence$$BINDLOADFILE inspSmall.txt"
SHIFT+I "INSPCOMBINE Righteous_Rage Uncanny_Insight$$INSPCOMBINE Phenomenal_Luck Uncanny_Insight$$INSPCOMBINE Second_Wind Uncanny_Insight$$INSPCOMBINE Resurgence Uncanny_Insight$$INSPCOMBINE Robust Uncanny_Insight$$BINDLOADFILE inspSmall.txt"
SHIFT+J "INSPCOMBINE Uncanny_Insight Second_Wind$$INSPCOMBINE Righteous_Rage Second_Wind$$INSPCOMBINE Phenomenal_Luck Second_Wind$$INSPCOMBINE Resurgence Second_Wind$$INSPCOMBINE Robust Second_Wind$$BINDLOADFILE inspSmall.txt"
SHIFT+K "INSPCOMBINE Uncanny_Insight Righteous_Rage$$INSPCOMBINE Phenomenal_Luck Righteous_Rage$$INSPCOMBINE Second_Wind Righteous_Rage$$INSPCOMBINE Resurgence Righteous_Rage$$INSPCOMBINE Robust Righteous_Rage$$BINDLOADFILE inspSmall.txt"
SHIFT+L "INSPCOMBINE Uncanny_Insight Phenomenal_Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Righteous_Rage Phenomenal_Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Second_Wind Phenomenal_Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Resurgence Phenomenal_Luck$$INSPCOMBINE Robust Phenomenal_Luck$$BINDLOADFILE inspSmall.txt"
SHIFT+M "INSPCOMBINE Uncanny_Insight Robust$$INSPCOMBINE Righteous_Rage Robust$$INSPCOMBINE Phenomenal_Luck Robust$$INSPCOMBINE Second_Wind Robust$$INSPCOMBINE Resurgence Robust$$BINDLOADFILE inspSmall.txt"

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 1:22 PM, ninja surprise said:

I didn't see a reply to this. If you're still wondering, I don't believe this is possible with a macro but with a bind you could do two bind files.

One toggles on fly and afterburner, and loads file two.

Two toggles off afterburner and toggles on hover, and loads file one.

Thx for the info. I wouldn't even know how to make that bind.

2 hours ago, Galamane said:

Thx for the info. I wouldn't even know how to make that bind.

Something like this, two files, one named hover.txt and one called fly.txt.

Put them in your \coh\data\ directory and they'll load without pathnames. 

Feel free to use a letter besides G, I just like to use that one to turn on my travel power. You can use a number or F# key though.

hover.txt

g "++$$powexectoggleon Hover$$powexectoggleoff Afterburner$$powexectoggleoff Fly$$bindloadfile fly.txt"

fly.txt

g ""++$$powexectoggleon Afterburner$$powexectoggleon Fly$$bindloadfile hover.txt"

DISCLAIMER: When I use a single keypress for Fly/Afterburner, I have to press it slowly or sometimes Afterburner turns on but not Fly, or vice-versa. I think it has to do with their activation times.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

Something like this, two files, one named hover.txt and one called fly.txt.

Feel free to use a letter besides G, I just like to use that one to turn on my travel power. You can use a number or F# key though.

hover.txt

g "++$$powexectoggleon Hover$$powexectoggleoff Afterburner$$powexectoggleoff Fly$$bindloadfile fly.txt"

fly.txt

g ""++$$powexectoggleon Afterburner$$powexectoggleon Fly$$bindloadfile hover.txt"

DISCLAIMER: When I use a single keypress for Fly/Afterburner, I have to press it slowly or sometimes Afterburner turns on but not Fly, or vice-versa. I think it has to do with their activation times.

Awesome thx for this!

I'm setting up numpad keybinds and I had an idea to use numpad0 as an alternative to usuing a shift or ctrl key (this would be especially beneficial since I'm using a wireless numpad with my laptop and I can do it all from the same device!), Does anyone know if this will work?

It would be something like

numpad5 powexecname gravity distortion

numpad0+numpad5 powexecname gravity distortion field

for my grav controller to switch between the single target and aoe versions of a similar power

I mean, I could just test it for myself, but I haven't finalized all my power selections, I'd rather you wise forum users go ahead and spoil it for me!

I drawed things:

Gallery of my CoH Pantheon

28 minutes ago, SpookTheHerd said:

I'm setting up numpad keybinds and I had an idea to use numpad0 as an alternative to usuing a shift or ctrl key (this would be especially beneficial since I'm using a wireless numpad with my laptop and I can do it all from the same device!), Does anyone know if this will work?

I have not tested it myself, but I have read that it will not work. The only keys that can be part of valid combinations like this are SHIFT, CTRL, and ALT, I think. I'll try to dig up the reference I read that from and update this post with it.

Edit: I am not sure if any of these is the exact place I read it but it is mentioned on the HC wiki /bind page, the HC wiki key names page, and in Shenanigunner's CoH technical guide (page 10).

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 7:21 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

I have not tested it myself, but I have read that it will not work. The only keys that can be part of valid combinations like this are SHIFT, CTRL, and ALT, I think. I'll try to dig up the reference I read that from and update this post with it.

Edit: I am not sure if any of these is the exact place I read it but it is mentioned on the HC wiki /bind page, the HC wiki key names page, and in Shenanigunner's CoH technical guide (page 10).

So normally that is correct, SHIFT, CTRL, & ALT are the only viable modifier keys...

*however*

if you're familiar with writing binds that load other bind files, and are willing to put in some effort, you can work around this.

in your default set of binds, add:

NUMPAD0 "bindloadfile {path}\numpad.txt"

then create a second .txt file titled numpad.txt in the location appropriate to the path containing whatever binds you want to work only when the Numpad0 is pressed (this will work with just about any other keyboard key you could bind as well).

in the numpad.txt file, make sure to include a bind for NUMPAD0:

NUMPAD0 "+down$$-down$$bindloadfile whateverpath&filenameisyourdefault.txt"

Then, when you press NUMPAD0, the new binds should be active, and when you release it, the binds should change back.

IF you have keys that you want to ONLY have functionality when pressing NUMPAD0, make sure your default bind file includes "nop" binds for those keys. If they have functionality normally, but are only changing with NUMPAD0, releasing will rebind their original function.

Be careful not to press/release too fast. your comp might get confused which is which, and then you'll have to manually reload the default file to clear it up.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 7:08 PM, ninja surprise said:

Ooh, I was not previously aware of that functionality. Thank you. This will save me some much needed character space on some binds that I use across many characters.

So, I have a question for anyone who might know... for purposes of the /chat_set command, do we have channel names for Help, General, and Looking For Group? not to send a message directly to the channel, but to set the channel as if clicking the tiny little button above the input field. Since /chat_cycle includes some channels I almost never use, and doesn't include those mentioned (or custom channel names), I use a series of bind files that replicate the effect of /chat_cycle... but I haven't been able to discover functional names for those channels.

3 hours ago, Starhammer said:

Ooh, I was not previously aware of that functionality. Thank you. This will save me some much needed character space on some binds that I use across many characters.

So, I have a question for anyone who might know... for purposes of the /chat_set command, do we have channel names for Help, General, and Looking For Group? not to send a message directly to the channel, but to set the channel as if clicking the tiny little button above the input field. Since /chat_cycle includes some channels I almost never use, and doesn't include those mentioned (or custom channel names), I use a series of bind files that replicate the effect of /chat_cycle... but I haven't been able to discover functional names for those channels.

You're welcome!

For chatset, this says to spell out the channel name completely unless it has a single-letter alias: https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Chat_set_(Slash_Command)

edit: The aliases seem to be the same as the single-letter choosers on the bottom of the chat window, except G is League. Help and LFG have icons instead of letters. 

Edited by ninja surprise

1 hour ago, ninja surprise said:

You're welcome!

For chatset, this says to spell out the channel name completely unless it has a single-letter alias: https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Chat_set_(Slash_Command)

edit: The aliases seem to be the same as the single-letter choosers on the bottom of the chat window, except G is League. Help and LFG have icons instead of letters. 

yeah, I tried spelling out the whole channel name, using the first letter, using quotes... those three channels don't seem to be compatible with /chat_set using any obvious version of their names.