1mm salvage?

Papaschtroumpf

I haven't played the game much in the last few weeks, but last night I went to craft some recipes for my new 50, and all rare salvage was 1mm.

I thought fungibility was supposed to prevent that? Is this something the devs did in the new patch?

I know there is a "this market is so cheap" thread but I disagree with that. I hate the market, dealing with it takes away from my enjoyment of the game, so this was not a welcome change for me.

all rare salvage is in the same pool... So whatever the cheapest is listed for, that is the cheapest anything can be bought for. Until the cheapest is sold and there's another cheapest...

Right now rare salvage is at 1/2 mil each on AH.  On Excelsior.  *shrug* It'll depend on the time of day and such...

1 hour ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

I thought the devs had "seeded" the market to try and keep price steady. Looks like they ran out of seeds?

They seeded rare salvage at 1mm.  If you look at the items for sale, there are almost 10mm of them.  Almost all of them are offered at 1mm.

The devs wanted to put a cap, and felt that 1mm was a good level.  In the AH right now, though, market conditions are such that you can buy all you want at 500-600k.

If you think that rare salvage is too expensive, then you should take advantage of that by farming some and selling it!

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

Its just people buying way above market.  I dropped 12 pieces of rare salvage on the AH yesterday after opening some super packs and listed them all at 501,000.  6 sold immediately for 520-600k.  There were still hundreds of outstanding bids up, meaning people have standing bids lower that 500k. The other 6 sat for a few mins but then 2 got purchased for 1 mil each and the rest for 600k. 

The going price is in the 500-600k range, but some people are intentionally or unintentionally overpaying.  The system is working fine.  The people using it arent.  No reason to panic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, Omega-202 said:

Its just people buying way above market.  I dropped 12 pieces of rare salvage on the AH yesterday after opening some super packs and listed them all at 501,000.  6 sold immediately for 520-600k.  There were still hundreds of outstanding bids up, meaning people have standing bids lower that 500k. The other 6 sat for a few mins but then 2 got purchased for 1 mil each and the rest for 600k. 

The going price is in the 500-600k range, but some people are intentionally or unintentionally overpaying.  The system is working fine.  The people using it arent.  No reason to panic.

This here. Right now I'm bidding 500-600k on rare salvage most of the time, but if I really want a piece right now and none are available at 600k, I'll just jump straight to 1mil because overpaying a few hundred thousand inf is pretty meaningless when your net worth is in the billions.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

You can almost always get rare salvage for around 500,000 - 600,000. Remember that the numbers you see in the history window are just the last 5 sales, not an average for sale price. If I bought five Pangean Soils for 10,000,000 each, and you checked right after that, you would see it going for 10 million Inf. Because I am lazy and impatient, I generally bid 555,555 for all rare salvage. That will almost always close within 15 minutes. If not, it certainly will overnight. If you really want to be pinch-penny, you can generally get it for as low as 400,000 or so, but that might take up to a week to close. Also remember that prices trend lower on weekdays and higher on weekend.

That all being said, if you don't like the market, ignore it. You can easily get yellow sets for practically nothing. Or, just stick to SOs. Nobody will ever know.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

I have access to so much excess rare salvage pooled into our SG bins that I don’t even have to bother buying them any longer. We maintain four bins so far, which we use and replace constantly.

All rare salvage goes into the SG kitty right now.  I regularly run exemping TFs as well, so there's a steady input of lower level tier rares.  If by some misfortune there's something I don't have, I turn to an AE ticket earner. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

6 minutes ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

it's definitely possible on Homecoming, I believe my info above was straight from the release notes

Oh I've no doubt it is being done here.  I just thought it interesting that the old Paragon Devs tried to claim it wasn't possible.  Unless I am remembering wrong, which is totally possible.

1,000,000 inf isn't that much, unless you don't level or play characters past the late 30s. And there are plenty of ways to get what you need yourself without paying. Do a couple medium length AE arcs (there are some good story ones if you just can't stomach the thought of "farming") and you'll have the tickets to buy what you need from the reward vendor.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!