Hero Merits

Psylenz0511

• Retired Game Master

Hero merits still exist, but the hero merit vendors don't, and no content rewards hero merits.  Using the reward merit vendor, you can convert 50 reward merits into 1 hero merit and vice versa, which is useful for moving merits between characters quickly.  Otherwise, they don't have any use.

Edited by GM Capocollo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Generator said:

I can't even think of why I'd transfer the merits themselves, instead of buying whatever Reward-Merit-based item I wanted and sending that.  What am I missing here (because I'm sure I'm just not seeing some angle to this)?

You want to buy something for 100 merits but you only have 78 and your other guy has 50 and you NEED to get this before logging off

Edited by Seigmoraig
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

You want to buy something for 100 merits but you only have 78 and your other guy has 50 and you NEED to get this before logging off

I guess.  For me, a need that strong is pretty uncommon, but theoretically, yeah that makes sense.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, GM Capocollo said:

Or if you don't need to buy anything in particular, but you just want to strip all the valuables off a character or characters you no longer play and consolidate them on another one.

You're leaving out the urge to play dragon atop your mound of merits, swimming amongst them like some sort of demented Scrooge McDuck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

If you can convert Merits to Hero Merits and Hero Merits can be sent to alts (which is what I'm understanding from reading this thread), why are merits not just trade-able directly? (At least between alts on the same account.)

They are, but you can only send one at a time. Hero merits are useful for saving time and annoyance.

• Like 1