New Content: What do we NEED?

Marine X

Maybe I'm just Dense, which is possible considering the amount of blows to the Head I've taken in Real Life as well as here, but is there any reason we can't use the existing Mission Architect to create New Canon User Content.

I am only asking because all the Developer's Corner Future Recruitment Categories seem a bit out of reach for most People here that are willing to Contribute. I had an Partial Art Scholarship when I graduated from High School, but elected to pursue an Engineering Degree, But I could Create an Awesome Custom Villain Group in AE for submittal, or even create Sketches and then Tweak from there, but I don't know a bunch about 3D Art. Had Fuse but it fizzled out, have been using Gimp for years since Corel kept getting more and more expensive. I guess I don't understand why we aren't working with some of the talented AE People to Create content that could bring Kallisti Wharf to life.

I took TonyV's request for us to step up very much to heart and feel this is a way we can ALL have a chance to contribute something to the story that is City of Heroes. It does not have to be new zones or a Moon Base. We could create content to fill under Utilized Zones. The Echo Zones ( galaxy, atlas and faultline ), kind of the Echo Universe, could be used to create a lower level version of Portal Corp with all missions being door missions and Content being created at AE, but commissioned to follow a Master Storyboard and Progression so it all ties together. It would have it's own contacts and would be much more simple than starting from Pixels to accomplish the same job. I have seen some amazing work at AE and just thought I would throw this out there, because Honestly, I think everyone would be surprised how Good it would be.

Thank you for being Patient with my Rambling.......

• Thanks 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I've been humming and hah'ing over an idea I had about making an asset hub website, akin to places like Nexus Mods.  Thing is, I've not really improved my web development skills since the '90s . . . so I'm feeling pretty confident that I'm not the one to bring such an idea to life.

Still, if we can muster the interest and the support, I would be willing to draft up some UX plans and flowcharts.  I'll admit I haven't done /that/ in a while either, but it's been a might bit more recent than the '90s, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Marine X said:

New Canon User Content

The phrasing here confuses me;  How would "user content" ever be canon?  Are you proposing the devs either continue the storyline, and have their content be considered "canon", are you proposing they hold some sort of contest to have players submit content will will be made official?  Are you suggesting they seek out former devs/writers to continue the storyline(s)?  Given that the HC devs are supposedly in talks with NCSoft to legitimize the game, how would that affect this proposal?  Can you elaborate?

Edited by biostem

9 hours ago, biostem said:

The phrasing here confuses me;  How would "user content" ever be canon?  Are you proposing the devs either continue the storyline, and have their content be considered "canon", are you proposing they hold some sort of contest to have players submit content will will be made official?  Are you suggesting they seek out former devs/writers to continue the storyline(s)?  Given that the HC devs are supposedly in talks with NCSoft to legitimize the game, how would that affect this proposal?  Can you elaborate?

I think he's talking about leveraging the existing creative types to create new content. For instance you could flesh out zones that have little current content, Boomtown, Kalisti's Wharf. You could increase the numbers of enjoyable filler content (Newspaper/Radio/Morality) without touching the overall story. You could even work their way through existing content that was released with I0/I1 that doesn't look or play as nicely as content released more recently.

I know that this was suggested to Paragon Studios back in Live (on the EU forums at least), and their response was that it'd take too much time on their part to prevent blatant farms getting through (or penis jokes). Nowadays I suspect that while there might be the same issues regard farms and unwholesome content, because the dev team is much smaller and also part of the community user created content might happen. I'd guess it would be more of a team effort to create good looking content that appeals to many so a "Hub" site with assets might be the way to go.

I doubt though that with the limitations built into the AE system as it stands it'd be fit for doing the sort of in depth design that would result in content fit for mass appeal.

• Like 2

l think there might be AE upgrade, with some unbugging stuff (especially that annoying slot spoil when someone logs out without leaving team), and increase possibilities for Enemies, like option to make INCARNATE-SHIFTED AE stuff. Those incarnate-shifted AE missions could come with ability to adjust setting and incarnate-shift enemies (like at the end of the Story the Archvillain could be made 54+3). Players get full incarnate shift (+3 with Alpha/Lore/Destiny, +5 level shift for T1 MM pets, +4 level shift for T2 MM pets within range of supremacy, like in Ouroboros/Dark Astoria). Only players with lvl 50 may participate. There are options for extra mechanic on AV:

Patches - create patches of lrresistible Nanite damage.

Wireframe tell - get away out of it or you get one-shotted.

Sniper - shows up reticles above characters, if you don't hide you'll be one-shotted.

Reinforcements - AV summons adds constantly.

Linger on primary Target - the Tank gets marked and if the Boss isn't taunted - Boss will one-shot tank.

Lockdown - ports away defeated targets, doesn't let rez until fight is over, or team is wiped.

???

Each hard objective in INCARNATE-SHIFTED storyline gives certain amount of specific ratio for AE mission, and if the ratio is exceed at some point - then upon storyline completion it will reward players with 1 Empyrean Merit, 1 Common lncarnate Component, some reward tokens and on choose - Empyrean Merit or 1 Random lncarnate Component (like Apex/Tin Mage or Burden of the Past).

Also there are some maps that surely could be ported to AE: like

Winter Croatoa Map

Some Shadow Shard location chunks (redwater falls, storm palace)

Full Cimerora Map

Some options for empty "wilderness" map (without any artificial objects except collectibles/destructibles) - plain, desert, jungle, arctic, volcano

Another planet maps, Moon maps, may even contents of the Mot etc...

Edited by Purrfekshawn
  • Like 1

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

3 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

I think he's talking about leveraging the existing creative types to create new content. For instance you could flesh out zones that have little current content, Boomtown, Kalisti's Wharf. You could increase the numbers of enjoyable filler content (Newspaper/Radio/Morality) without touching the overall story.

Exactly what I was thinking. TonyV's exit Post asked us ALL to step up. The only way to keep us all interested long term and expand the community is if there was an easy way to add new content, and I believe there is. AE Created missions ported into Canon. With 6 Years SCoRE created 1 task force, P2W and half finished Kallisti Wharf. I'm grateful for all that they have done but We're going to need to step it up a bit if we want to grow this for the future. They simply do not have the staff that Paragon Studios had, to say the least, this could be a viable alternative since no coding experience is required, just some Imagination.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

need:

using existing assets to smothe out and complete the existing[mechanically] sets like wind control and the power pools, all waiting in the wings.

unlocking the "-n" npc creator list

but based on their most recent news, it looks like that will not ever happen on homecoming. 😕

• Thanks 1

I think there's a lot of potential in implementing highly liked AE story arcs to actual contacts. 

• Like 1

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

43 minutes ago, daveyfiacre said:

but based on their most recent news, it looks like that will not ever happen on homecoming. 😕

Why?

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/