Khalisti Wharf - Pretty and Empty

Skele101

So I did a preliminary search of Khalisti Wharf. Nothing to invasive but I focused on landmarks that would give some kind of indication of a badge. Usually you can find at least one badge if you look for the most obvious spots. No good.

Sadly it looks like the Wharf is peopleless, mobless, and badgeless.

So, if you were going to populate it, what would you all do with it?

To me I feel like Khalisti has to be either a PVP (and at this point... why?) or a co-op zone, given the hero and villain sides.

I'd probably run with something involving the Shivans, but I haven't read up on their lore. I do know the interior maps are available on the AE mission maker, and they are lovely things.

According to the Lore AMA, Kallisti Wharf was going to be a co-op zone for heroes and villains, and serve as the set piece for the next big phase of the City of Heroes story, the actual arrival of the "Coming Storm", AKA the Batallion.  Shiva was going to be used as a weapon by the Batallion, and the heroes and villains were going to need to fight against it, winning the first battle but setting the stage for the next major war.  This was to be launched in issue 25, the existence of which was being seeded as hints in other stories in issue 24 and before.

Specific links to what they had planned:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted#347

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted#385

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted#397

• Like 1

There is a task force there, at least. If you talk to Ada Wellington (over by Wentworth's) there is a three part TF that awards a badge called "Loyal Customer." It seems to be the only thing in KW. So far.... (I hope anyway). It really is a beautiful zone. I wish there was more to do there.

• 2 weeks later

Well, seeing as this post is in the badges forum, I have a proposal. Much like the official "make up exploration badges for PvP zones" thread, maybe we can come up with a few ideas here. KW is a beautiful, well-made zone full of lots of different features, I'm sure we can come up with something!

Well, seeing as this post is in the badges forum, I have a proposal. Much like the official "make up exploration badges for PvP zones" thread, maybe we can come up with a few ideas here. KW is a beautiful, well-made zone full of lots of different features, I'm sure we can come up with something!

I hope we see this too, there is a lot of space to explore some great places for a badge or two. It's also in need of some enemies and more NPCs its pretty barren as is.

If I had to pick a spot for a badge it would be here:

Picture, its a little large so click here.

Loc: 7289.0 48.9 3685.9

Its the middle of an empty park but there are a bunch of military tents, and vehicles (one stocked with vehicles). There's a plaque by the entrance that has nothing when you click it, which is FRUSTRATING! WHAT IS GOING ON! WHY ARE THESE VEHICLES HERE?

If I had to pick a spot for a badge it would be here:

Picture, its a little large so click here.

Loc: 7289.0 48.9 3685.9

Its the middle of an empty park but there are a bunch of military tents, and vehicles (one stocked with vehicles). There's a plaque by the entrance that has nothing when you click it, which is FRUSTRATING! WHAT IS GOING ON! WHY ARE THESE VEHICLES HERE?

I'd guess the plaque would have been for the original purpose of the park; as for the vehicles and tents, I'd assume they'd be for housing Praetorian Earth refugees, or for supporting the military prepping to fight against the Battalion's Shivans.

According to the Lore AMA, Kallisti Wharf was going to be a co-op zone for heroes and villains, and serve as the set piece for the next big phase of the City of Heroes story, the actual arrival of the "Coming Storm", AKA the Batallion.  Shiva was going to be used as a weapon by the Batallion, and the heroes and villains were going to need to fight against it, winning the first battle but setting the stage for the next major war.  This was to be launched in issue 25, the existence of which was being seeded as hints in other stories in issue 24 and before.

And this video has a cutscene planned for Issue 25 that uses Kallisti Wharf, kicking off the Battalion story.

• Like 3

• 4 years later

So far I did find one badge "On the shoulders of Giants" on the, well, shoulders of Stateman's shoulder in One Stateman Plaza.  interesting that the zone has a Blackmarket truck AND a Wentsworths.  2 1 etc...  Def a co=op zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I seem to recall Homecoming was working on some stuff for KW.  Dunno whatever happened to those plans.

If *I* were to decide what to do with it, I'd make it the new "default" starter zone, a combined Hero/Villain zone (no PvP tho) used before moving out to Mercy or AP.  Could be used for low level RP, for combined groups doing DfB, DiB, and/or SBB, and such.  Hanging out around the Statesman statue would be the new standing-under-Atlas'-statue.

But really, such a thing would need to be built-to-purpose from the ground up.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

8 hours ago, sbloyd said:

I seem to recall Homecoming was working on some stuff for KW.  Dunno whatever happened to those plans.

If *I* were to decide what to do with it, I'd make it the new "default" starter zone, a combined Hero/Villain zone (no PvP tho) used before moving out to Mercy or AP.  Could be used for low level RP, for combined groups doing DfB, DiB, and/or SBB, and such.  Hanging out around the Statesman statue would be the new standing-under-Atlas'-statue.

But really, such a thing would need to be built-to-purpose from the ground up.

I like this idea.

• Thanks 1