How do you increase your Hit Points ?

IronJuke

My Invulnerability Tanker currently has  2141 hit points and when Dull Pain is active it's 3256.  

I hear people saying they have over 6000 hit points.   I do have Unbreakable Guard Max HP slotted. 

I also have 4 small and one moderate increase from enhancements sets. 

Health in Inherent Fitness doesn't seem to affect HP? 

This character is not fully built out.  I am still trying to work out the best way how to get and spend influence and rewards etc. 

Edited by IronJuke

Do you have the Accolades that also boost base HP?

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

2 hours ago, IronJuke said:

I hear people saying they have over 6000 hit points

Is that even possible? Last I recall, HP for tankers maxed out at 3534. Has something changed in i25+?

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Accolades have the biggest contribution to HP. I think the actual HP cap for Tanks is around 3.6K HPso you are not far off.

Slotting a Health IO (not a proc) boosts Regeneration. IMHO once the baseline (non-Dull Pain boosted) HP is above 2K, and you have achieved some level of Defense, that Regeneration is more important than simply chasing HP. Obviously Regeneration is improved by the Dull Pain boost, but on my (endgame) Invulnerabilty tank I run through a lot of content without ever hitting Dull Pain.

• Like 1

I don't have the accolades yet.  I will check that out ASAP! 

Regarding Dull pain, I have it setup so that it's Perma, but I don't always need it.  I mostly run it just in case I get a wierd damage spike, which happens occasionally albeit rarely. 

I have been one shotted, but that seems previous to level 50 Alpha being maxed out.  And I took Musculature.  I don't feel I need more mitigation from Incarnate Alpha. 

I didn't take Fighting Power Pool, I never feel like I need it.  We already  get Tough Hide and Invincibility.  My S/L resist is around 84%. 

I don't see any point in playing the numbers game (on this toon), unless it helps you stay alive.  Since I don't have difficulty staying alive, seems like a waste of time to min/max everything. 

If it becomes a problem, then I will address it.  

Other classes have to worry about that stuff a lot more because they have survivability issues.  

The only time I use Unstoppable is if I don't pay attention and run out of End.  I see a lot of Tankers don't bother to take it.  

I didn't take Fighting Power Pool, I never feel like I need it.  We already  get Tough Hide and Invincibility.  My S/L resist is around 84%. 

(snip)

The only time I use Unstoppable is if I don't pay attention and run out of End.  I see a lot of Tankers don't bother to take it.  

My Invuln doesn't have the Fighting Power Pool either, and I'm not sure I'm missing it. I don't hit the "caps" when solo, but on a lot of teams I'm way past it.

I also took Unstoppable, but only as a Mule. I removed it from my trays so that I don't accidentally use it!

Someone saying they've over 6k HP is dreaming, the HP cap is around 3,500 or so if I remember... certainly under 4k.

The accolades (Atlas Medallion, Portal Jockey I believe) collectively add around 10% HP and there's loads of minor HP boost IO set bonuses.  I wouldn't worry about that too much though, you'll cap out with Dull Pain decently slotted and the accolades.  At that point more is only useful with Dull Pain down.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

They are simply lying to you or at best sorely mistaken.  Bopper is correct and the cap is 3534 and that is a hard cap meaning everything beyond that is wasted.  Even with incarnates, Dull Pain, accolades and a ton of IOs boosting HP you probably won't get past 4500 (meaning about 1k of that is wasted).  About the only way to get to 6k from there would be if you had power boosted Frostwork cast on you from a defender (can you power boost Frostwork? Not sure) and all that would do is add more wasted HP.

That being said it is not terrible to be a little past the cap with Dull Pain active as that is a click power that also heals you.  So if you use it only as needed instead of clicking every time it is up, you will have a greater HP pool when it is down.

Edited by HelenCarnate

There are 4 accolades that will give you a total of 20% HP and 10% end

Atlas Medallion is actually 5% end, it's Task Force Commander that gives 5% Health. Portal Jokey is 5% for both, and lastly Freedom Phalanx Reserve with 10% HP.

After those the next biggest increase is the +Max HP (7.5%) from the Unbreakable Guard resistance set. So there is total of +27.5% HP to be had relatively easy, almost regardless of build.