Singularity + Energy Font = ??

Redlynne

I was looking at my Gravity/Time build and wondering if anyone has ever put the Controller ATO Overwhelming Presence: Energy Font proc into Singularity (and if you have, what happened)?

Theoretically speaking, in order for a Summoned Pet to be able to make "use" of the Overwhelming Presence proc to summon an Energy Font, the Summoned Pet in question would need to be using attacks that Mez.  Kind of like how the Achilles' Heel proc can be slotted into Pets that have an attack that does -Defense debuffing, but will only be "checked" for proc chances when using an attack power that debuffs Defense by that Pet (so other powers used by the Pet that don't do -Defense debuffing don't check the Achilles' Heel proc at all).

However, Singularity for Gravity Control has two attacks that Mez ... Crush (which Immobilizes) and Gravity Distortion (which Holds) ... both of which are single target.  Which makes me wonder if putting the Overwhelming Presence Energy Font proc into Singularity will cause Singularity to spawn Energy Fonts "all on its own" by attacking, or if it's a case of the Energy Font only checking for proc chances upon summoning Singularity and then never checked again after that.

Note that I would not expect Lift or Repel by Singularity to have any proc chances using either Controller ATO proc, simply because Lift and Repel are Knockback powers with no corresponding Mez attributes, and the corresponding Lift (Gravity or Mind Control) and Repel (Kinetics) simply do not accept Controller ATO sets in their powers (ipso facto Singularity shouldn't either because Singularity uses "legacy" power copy/paste for its attack powers).

So has anyone tested this?

Are there any testers around who would be willing to test this proposition?

And the follow up to this would be that if Singularity can spawn Energy Font summons by use of attacks ... are there any other Summoned Pets for Controllers who could do the same (and if so, which powersets)?

Edited by Redlynne
pytos

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

For the purposes of this topic, according to Paragonwiki these are the respective Controller primary summons powers, with the ones that Mez for ease of identifying what ought to be able to proc an Energy Font from Overwhelming Presence.

Darkness Control ... Umbra Beast

• Claw Rake (Melee, Minor DMG(Lethal/Negative), Foe Minor DoT(Lethal))
  • Resistance (Auto, Res( S25 L25 F15 C35 E15 N50 P20 T50 ), Res(Sleep, Immobilize, Hold, Stun, Knockback, Knockup)
  • Shadowy Binds (Ranged, Moderate DoT(Negative), Foe Immobilize, -To Hit, -Fly)
  • Terrifying Roar (Ranged Cone, Moderate DMG(Smashing/Negative Energy), Foe Terrorize, -To Hit)
  • Umbra Swipe (Melee, Moderate DMG(Lethal/Negative), Foe Minor DoT(Lethal))
  • = 2 Mez attack powers

Earth Control ... Animate Stone

• Hurl Boulder (Ranged, High DMG(Smash), Foe Knockback, Taunt)
  • Seismic Smash (Melee, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Hold, Taunt)
  • Stone Fist (Melee, DMG(Smash), Foe Disorient, Taunt)
  • Resistance (Auto, Res( S40 L50 F60 C60 E60 N60 P80 T100 ), Res(Sleep, Hold, Immobilize, Knockback, Knockup, Repel, Stun), -25% ToHit)
  • = 2 Mez attack powers

Gravity Control ... Singularity

• Crush (Ranged, Moderate DoT(Smash), Foe Immobilize, -Fly)
  • Gravity Distortion (Ranged, Moderate DoT(Smash), Foe Hold, -Fly)
  • Lift (Ranged, Moderate DMG(Smash))
  • Repel (Augo, PBAoE Knockback)
  • Resistance (Auto, Self: Fly, Res( S50 L50 F50 C50 E50 N50 P100 T100 ), Res(Healing), Res(Hold, Sleep, Immobilize, Stun, Knockback), -25% ToHit)
  • = 2 Mez attack powers

Ice Control ... Jack Frost

• Chilling Embrace (Auto, PBAoE, -Speed, -Recharge)
  • Freezing Touch (Melee, Single Target, Cold, Hold, -Knockback)
  • Greater Ice Sword (Melee, Single Target, Lethal, Cold, -Speed, -Recharge)
  • Ice Bolt (Ranged, Single Target, Smashing, Cold, -Speed, -Recharge)
  • Jacks Ice Sword (Melee, Single Target, Lethal, Cold, -Speed, -Recharge)
  • Resistance (Auto, Self, Res( F10 C60 ), Def( S25 L25 F35 C35 E25 N25 P25 ), Def( A25 ), Prot( St 100 Sl 100 ), Immunity to -Speed)
  • = 1 Mez attack power

Illusion Control ... Spectral Terror

• Cloak of Fear (Auto: PBAoE Fear, -To Hit)
  • ResistAll (Auto: Self Untouchable)
  • Terrify (Ranged, Foe Fear, -To Hit)
  • Translucency (Auto: Self Immobilize, Intangible, Untouchable, Res(Self-Heal)
  • = 2 Mez attack powers

Plant Control ... Carrion Creepers

• Creepers Powers
    • Bramble (Auto, PBAoE, -Fly, -Speed)
    • Carrion Creepers (Summon Carrion Creeper Patch on each enemy corpse within range every 10 seconds)
    • ResistAll (Auto, Self, Untouchable)
    • Vines (50% chance to Summon Carrion Creeper Vine on each enemy within range every 10 seconds)
  • Carrion Creeper Patch Powers
    • Entangle (Ranged, AoE, DoT(Smashing/Lethal), Immobilize, -Knockback, -Fly)
    • ResistAll (Auto, Self, Untouchable)
    • Self Destruct (after 2 seconds)
  • Carrion Creeper Vine Powers
    • Resistance (Auto, Self, Res( S-1 L-4 F-4 C-2 E-2 N-3 P4 T4 ), Def( P25 ), Immobilized)
    • Self Destruct (after 15 seconds)
    • Vine Smash (Melee, Single Target, Smashing, DoT(Toxic), Knockdown, -Fly, -Speed)
    • Vine Thorns (Ranged, Single Target, Lethal, DoT(Toxic), -Fly, -Speed)
  • = 1 Mez attack power

Plant Control ... Fly Trap

• Bite (Melee, Single Target, Lethal, DoT(Toxic), -Def)
  • Entangle (Ranged, AoE, DoT(Smashing/Lethal), Immobilize, -Knockback)
  • Fling Thorns (Ranged, Cone, Lethal, DoT(Toxic), -Def)
  • Resistance (Auto, Self, Res( S30 C30 E30 N30 P30 T30 ), Def( P25 ), +Regeneration)
  • Thorny Darts (Ranged, Single Target, Lethal, DoT(Toxic), -Def)
  • = 1 Mez attack power

So what I would surmise from this is that simply based on quantity of powers that will potentially proc an Energy Font if the Pet is slotted with the Overwhelming Presence proc, we have:

• Umbra Beast (Ranged + Ranged Cone)
  • Animate Stone (Melee + Melee)
  • Singularity (Ranged + Ranged)
  • Jack Frost (Melee)
  • Spectral Terror (PBAoE + Ranged)
  • Carrion Creeper Patch (Target AoE but requires enemy corpse to enable every 10 seconds)
  • Fly Trap (Target AoE)

Any testers willing to take these Pets for a trip around the block on the Test Server to check to see if they can spawn Energy Fonts if the Overwhelming Presence proc is slotted into them?

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

6 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

AFAIK, it just gives the proc a chance to trigger when you summon Singy.
It doesn't' give Singy a chance to spawn energy fonts.

Have you tested that?

Makes me wonder if the Controller ATOs are keyed in such a way as to only proc on CONTROLLER powers that Mez, while the Pets would be "missing" a flag that would allow them to proc the Controller ATOs ... kind of like how the Gravity Distortion attacks by Singularity weren't setting up Impact for Gravity Controllers (until the Homecoming Devs fixed that oversight in a recent update).

IifneyR.gif

4 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Have you tested that?

Makes me wonder if the Controller ATOs are keyed in such a way as to only proc on CONTROLLER powers that Mez, while the Pets would be "missing" a flag that would allow them to proc the Controller ATOs ... kind of like how the Gravity Distortion attacks by Singularity weren't setting up Impact for Gravity Controllers (until the Homecoming Devs fixed that oversight in a recent update).

I've tested it and can confirm it only procs on summoning the pet, at no point did the pet ever summon the font.

10 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

So, stick it in Choking Cloud.
Stick it in Hot Feet.

I've done that and it's Fonts Fonts Fonts Fonts FontsFontsFonts.

Interesting ...

Which then begs the question ... what is the distinct difference between Summons powers that can Mez and powers such as Choking Cloud and Hot Feet that allows the Energy Fonts to spawn from some powers when used, but not others?  Is it the case that the power has to be "cast" by the Controller and not by an "independent" entity (who isn't classified as a Controller?)?  It's starting to look that way.

IifneyR.gif

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

Interesting ...

Which then begs the question ... what is the distinct difference between Summons powers that can Mez and powers such as Choking Cloud and Hot Feet that allows the Energy Fonts to spawn from some powers when used, but not others?  Is it the case that the power has to be "cast" by the Controller and not by an "independent" entity (who isn't classified as a Controller?)?  It's starting to look that way.

Honestly, no clue.

Possibly because the power is self-refreshing with a clock "tick", where the actual pets don't.

Edited by Hyperstrike

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 4 weeks later
21 hours ago, roleki said:

I had been sticking that set into AoE immobilize powers and while that does churn out the fonts... the fonts don't seem to do a  whole lot. 

Same. The energy font shows up as pet in my pet window but doesn't stick around long. Haven't checked the combat log to see if it's doing any damage.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

2 hours ago, Uun said:

Same. The energy font shows up as pet in my pet window but doesn't stick around long. Haven't checked the combat log to see if it's doing any damage.

I really miss Ciry of Data 😞

Best as I can tell from the visual cues, the Fonts do some minor damage; it would appear to be two different types, one of which I assume is smashing or lethal because the first number is always a tad smaller than the second. 

As for duration, I have had trouble tracking that; some seem to die as soon as the target of the attack that spawned them dies, and others seem... longer-lived.  I've had numerous occasions where Energy Font #2 outlived two instances of Energy Font #1.   

They must be doing something more than just spamming minor damage, because I've seen mobs forget all about me and start attacking the Font, but maybe that's more a statement to the poor DPS of the character than any mechanic of the Font. 

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

IIRC, they last for 20 seconds and have a pulsing damage/stun aura. 30% chance for a mag 2 Stun, and I think the total damage over their lifespan is 66 damage at level 50 (11 ticks of 6 points). Damage is Energy for the Energy Font, and Fire for the Fiery Font (Dom version).

Or something like that. If you're fast, you can spawn one then click on it and find out its powers before it fades.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 2:19 AM, Redlynne said:

Interesting ...

IIRC when they first added IOs they said that in the case of summoned powers, pets, and pseudo pets alike IO procs only affect the power when the power is used by you. But i was a long time ago and I might be miss-remembering it. 😕

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:57 PM, Coyote said:

IIRC, they last for 20 seconds and have a pulsing damage/stun aura. 30% chance for a mag 2 Stun, and I think the total damage over their lifespan is 66 damage at level 50 (11 ticks of 6 points). Damage is Energy for the Energy Font, and Fire for the Fiery Font (Dom version).

Or something like that. If you're fast, you can spawn one then click on it and find out its powers before it fades.

Sounds right, I had 1 lock down three council minions at once for about 10 seconds. It looks like they have 500 hit points and can be attacked, which is great because taking a hit for me. 

I think the benefit is more apparent if you can get 2 out at once; my grav/rad has the proc in the AoE immobilize and I spam that a lot to keep everything pinned in the area of my two rad toggles, I'm frequently getting 2 out, I got 3 out one time. The value is probably a lot higher to me soloing than to a controller on a team. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

9 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

IIRC when they first added IOs they said that in the case of summoned powers, pets, and pseudo pets alike IO procs only affect the power when the power is used by you. But i was a long time ago and I might be miss-remembering it. 😕

You are definitely misremembering.  Procs definitely work in pets.  Clouded Senses goes off a ton on Dark Servant.  Achilles goes off on Soldiers.  Obviously Soulbound Allegiance BU proc goes off for the pet its slotted in.  

Not sure whats going on with Energy Font, but its definitely an oddball, not the norm.