Anti-FotM: What Are Your Hidden Gems?

Erratic1

6 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

My Ice Armor/Stone Melee is a blast to play and I don't remember seeing another out and about. 

That would be a good combo, particularly once it matured thanks to all the KD in Stone Melee.  An Ice tank hardly needs the extra attention getter of Fault but the AOE KD and proc potential would be highly welcome.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 10/14/2019 at 12:54 PM, Murcielago said:

Energy/WM because its strong and pretty

+1

Not many want to be staring down the barrel of the pom poms of doom.

2008665070_PomPomsofDoom.PNG.a7bd544540b02443438198f640e2bbbc.PNG

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Not sure how anti FotM as Stone/rad is listed as 27th most popular tanker and 5th most popular stone armor combo. It is however incredibly tough. 

Through IOs have incarnate soft capped def to SLFC, mid 50s def to EN, 30% psi.

Hard capped resist to all but psi which is at approx 80% it can be capped but at the cost of alot of psi def which is more useful as the psi attacks come with -recharge.

Rad attack comes with a good self heal a second damage aura. Radioactive smash with a force feedback proc goes someway to helping with the recharge problems as does running between mobs with ninja run giving time with out granite's -recharge.

I tried to make the most survivable tank possible with darkest night from the patron pools, void judgement the regen incarnate heal it's unlikable. 

I considered DM for its heal or ice sand stone for KD control but thought rad had the best combo of them. 

Dark Armor/Martial Arts

You can soft cap defense (especially with Storm Kick giving a defense bonus), great resists (and Psi resist!). Most all your attacks have the potential to stun, which stacks with your auras. I can literally jump in a group and have all of them stunned/mezzed/feared and not be doing anything.

I have a several ( 5 or 6) petless/semi-petless  masterminds doing 3/8 setting solo, Including one which is Beast/Trick Arrow. You can't get anymore Anti-FOTM then that.  

I have a AR/TA Blaster.

My next level 50 tanker is probably going to be a Shield/Fire.  Concentrating on the primary and secondary powers like I usually do, this is going to turn into an AoE queen.   No control at all; took AirSup to fill the gap.  Looking forward to seeing what the tanker changes will do for her. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

1 hour ago, Heraclea said:

My next level 50 tanker is probably going to be a Shield/Fire.  Concentrating on the primary and secondary powers like I usually do, this is going to turn into an AoE queen.   No control at all; took AirSup to fill the gap.  Looking forward to seeing what the tanker changes will do for her. 

That combination works quite well, I had one on Live.  Not quite as tough as Invuln but not squishy at all.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 11/22/2019 at 10:32 AM, Heraclea said:

You don't need the extra control, SD on tanks gets pretty silly numbers already. Fire already inflicts the status effect of 'dead' more than fast enough; after the changes a lot of Tank combos, like this one, are just going to be straight bullshit with tank defense numbers and increased damage leading to having basically no flaws.

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

On 11/18/2019 at 4:28 AM, ninja surprise said:

My Ice Armor/Stone Melee is a blast to play and I don't remember seeing another out and about. 

My tank Icehole is ice/stone. 

with whirlwind on full time hes a FF proccing machine, terrible on end pre incarnate, but a master of mob control.