Jump to content

Are there any T3 only MM Builds?


Dungpow

Recommended Posts

I was reading online about how people used T3 or 3rd pet only Robot builds back on Live. I was just wondering if there was a build out there to look at. I was not able to locate anything myself. I was messing around with Pines but it looks hard during lower lvls. I can PL myself till I get the Assault Bot but if I am exemplar below lvl 26(?) I would lose my main attack. Curious to see what was done or can be done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Builds are easy. Find a build you like, don't take the T1s, slot out the T2s with pet uniques, slot out your T3 for damage. Throw the T1 slots at some other stuff. It'll be weak. There's no avoiding that.  You'll die easy, your pet will die easy,  your damage will not be what it should be. There's a petless thread somewhere in this forum you can go talk to the people into that. 

But fair warning. You said "exemplar" and that means teaming. People on roleplay servers MIGHT put up with this. Maybe. But even there, when I see people talking about their weird "super limited" builds like making an ordinary citizen who has no superpowers and trying to solo it to 50, I mostly see them talking about soloing it to 50. Not on a roleplay server? Nothing personal, but I'd kick a petless/t3 only MM the second I saw them show up to an ITF or iTrial. Nope. Not gimping the team by including someone who gimped themselves on purpose. Be prepared for your character concept to not be welcome except in costume contests and RP based PVE. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2019 at 1:56 AM, TheSpiritFox said:

Builds are easy. Find a build you like, don't take the T1s, slot out the T2s with pet uniques, slot out your T3 for damage. Throw the T1 slots at some other stuff. It'll be weak. There's no avoiding that.  You'll die easy, your pet will die easy,  your damage will not be what it should be. There's a petless thread somewhere in this forum you can go talk to the people into that. 

But fair warning. You said "exemplar" and that means teaming. People on roleplay servers MIGHT put up with this. Maybe. But even there, when I see people talking about their weird "super limited" builds like making an ordinary citizen who has no superpowers and trying to solo it to 50, I mostly see them talking about soloing it to 50. Not on a roleplay server? Nothing personal, but I'd kick a petless/t3 only MM the second I saw them show up to an ITF or iTrial. Nope. Not gimping the team by including someone who gimped themselves on purpose. Be prepared for your character concept to not be welcome except in costume contests and RP based PVE. 

That’s interesting, as speed itfs result in my pets spending most of it dead, and the same for many of the other end game TFs, to the point where I’m a debuffer/buffer/healer on my MMs. Mind you, I’ve never been kicked because I wasn’t bringing a full team of minions with me; but maybe the people on my server just aren’t wound that tightly.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think MOST people care one way or the other how many pets you have out. I mean they take lowbies in PI missions all the time.   You would have less dps but your still productive and useful.  So play how you like.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

I don’t think MOST people care one way or the other how many pets you have out. I mean they take lowbies in PI missions all the time.   You would have less dps but your still productive and useful.  So play how you like.  

Agreed.  On big teams in tight quarters (like old cave map missions), I thought it was fairly common for MM's to not bother with the tier 1 pets anyway.  Teams in that situation tend to appreciate you bringing out LESS pets.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a T3-only Demons/Storm MM (You'll find my build in Steampunkette's thread above, but Plainguy has done it better. Mine is just affordable).

Works fine. Significantly more useful in teams than my Bots/FF MM, just gets exhausted quickly and lacks any mez protection.

Edited by Lines

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I PL'ed to 26 to get my Bot. Here is a pic of my toon :D. It is a little rough going but I imagine it will be alot ezier once i get the IOs slotted. It's pretty fun so far and people seem to get a kick out of it.

a boy and his robot.png

Edited by Dungpow
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Agreed.  On big teams in tight quarters (like old cave map missions), I thought it was fairly common for MM's to not bother with the tier 1 pets anyway.  Teams in that situation tend to appreciate you bringing out LESS pets.   

I'm not a super experienced MM, but I do this.  If I'm on a seven or eight person team, the team doesn't need my T1's mucking things up; we're going to most likely be rolling through content whether they're there or not.  I've even been on teams where I just did the T3.  I've never had anyone complain, but I have had two people notice and thank me for only using the one pet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

His name is Johnny and Goliath. 

 

screenshot_191028-01-18-11.thumb.jpg.1d281cd612e733839312703677b98977.jpgscreenshot_191028-01-21-53.thumb.jpg.e9b716199214cbf62993abbbcd0f71e7.jpg

 

Current Build

 

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Robotics
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Pulse Rifle Blast -- Rui-Acc/Dmg(A), Rui-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Rui-Dmg/Rchg(3), Rui-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Rui-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Dcm-Build%(48)
Level 1: Web Grenade -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A)
Level 2: Pulse Rifle Burst -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 4: Caltrops -- Rgn-Knock%(A)
Level 6: Equip Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Photon Grenade -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(13), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(17), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(17), RzzDzz-Immob%(50)
Level 10: Triage Beacon -- NmnCnv-Heal(A), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(11), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Absorb%(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(46)
Level 12: Acid Mortar -- ShlBrk-DefDeb(A), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(19), ShlBrk-Acc/Rchg(19), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(21), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(50), ShlBrk-%Dam(50)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15)
Level 16: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 18: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(25), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 20: Poison Trap -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(21), Lck-Rchg/Hold(23), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46), Lck-%Hold(46)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25)
Level 26: Assault Bot -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(27), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(29), SlbAll-Build%(29), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Upgrade Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Trip Mine -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 38: Web Envelope -- TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(A), TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(39), TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(39), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(39), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(40), TraoftheH-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Mace Beam Volley -- Ann-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(42), ExpStr-Dam%(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43)
Level 44: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(40)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(37)
Level 50: Cardiac Boost 
Level 26: Assault Bot 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1481;686;1372;HEX;|
|78DA65945B4F13611086BFEDEE822D20AD6DE554C016116861A16AE2A54614A3A10|
|9918397A496A56C026DD396847A8A5EF80750C1F3291E6FBC1115A226EA4FD10B2F|
|14F4C6F3611D765EDB26BB49F3B4EFCCBC333BDF6E6373FBAA1F1D38B35B48EEFEE|
|9782E371E8BE7F27A76C6484DA8B178D248C882AE4AFA349622E3C3B33333E99476|
|387D349D3712397F5968EFECE4A436928D67729E83A9293DABA7F2DAFF2FB543E9F|
|4B436A8C727F46C6ECAC8D458BF078CE454DE48255DD6AFE18CAE4F5471607A3D12|
|D89F31125A5987583CA163CC423D0DD6419F1555E0325531BF2E2AC2710E3CCF542|
|E800BCCDEABC490220A4AB1568851871051453C273F097ED235616915D7C11BCC0D|
|37C15BCCDEDBCC63E427C34FDEC57E2FC84F85A60639EFA5CA8B5DEF51B9CC5AF56|
|37089E97E023E6546E768AA66451CA71E4ED43A47252BE61A064798DDAB32F323B3|
|E703F304D556A1B64A922DBF4D0E5066FA146654052B981E1AB8C65A8CE9A8F1739|
|F8D3ED0CD3C49FEB5C8A9454E103941E478C9C7C339AAE70EEFA8FE2E73CB3DF03E|
|F880197CC83C45FE5ECCEFFDC29AEF2B73F337F03BB3E707F893E9A0BE7E9C83DFA|
|44BC8A4D4F12452DD76DE507D1D6FF9159D50033A358C2856AC71141C63068E80FD|
|DCA1650F3344BE4DF06D8AF0E975810AC59AB1A1666CA8051B6AC1865E53EF564CD|
|A8A27E634B50A619ED02FEED3F61BFC03FE656E3541C1F7F48CD08EDAF605EEB16D|
|11BC085E62765C06AF3057A8B613B59D6FD9AF0B4F6C5781FA7815113ECBFDC2EF7|
|81FE1F79CB74C88600F11DC6B37EE71AD5A088D7D250DBBE905DB68477D5C27FA9C|
|EC1D287F53ADD30BDB943E9B12B5293B6CCA4E9B3268536225C51C528AFF0F42B2A|
|24E77F1AD37575D1495CAA39F4A8A248D61BB8724EB7F68CD96FDB93C7B11E738CF|
|7CE32170CC1C08179F4FF31F65B4F842|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also thank you for showing me how to post pics. didn't have a clue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2019 at 5:27 PM, Shoulung said:

That’s interesting, as speed itfs result in my pets spending most of it dead, and the same for many of the other end game TFs, to the point where I’m a debuffer/buffer/healer on my MMs. Mind you, I’ve never been kicked because I wasn’t bringing a full team of minions with me; but maybe the people on my server just aren’t wound that tightly.

I think that poster was being a bit hyperbolic, yeah.  I'm often on "any level welcome" teams and have never seen anyone kicked for anything, even that one blaster who went and aggroed the next group all by herself.  Every.  Single.  Time.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

★★★Now Playing At The Clave Dark Drive-In: ★★★
►►►►►►►►►The Catacombs of Mars (Arc # 57809)◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄
 
It's a Summer Block Buster B-Movie! Non-canon story, inspired by such classics as Planet of The Vampires and The Ghosts of Mars.
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...