November 2019 Donations & Finances

Cipher

8 minutes ago, Anker Steadfast said:

And the donation window has closed.

It lasted pretty long this time.

I think this month was a fair bit higher total. I have been able to give on multiple months but it's by coincidence that I am online and able to see the admin broadcast - otherwise I kinda forget! Maybe there should be a note put up at the top of the forums giving a heads up for donation time? Maybe even a quick note in game 1 day before the donation date? I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a pop up in game.

Lastly, I'm extremely happy the City is back and hope to help out as much as possible. 🙂

12 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

I think this month was a fair bit higher total. I have been able to give on multiple months but it's by coincidence that I am online and able to see the admin broadcast - otherwise I kinda forget! Maybe there should be a note put up at the top of the forums giving a heads up for donation time? Maybe even a quick note in game 1 day before the donation date? I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a pop up in game.

While it's not ingame, the donation window is on the calendar on these forums, IIRC.  Taking that info, you could just set up alarms/alerts on your phone calendar software.

Bah, Humbug!! (Christmas is always creeping into Halloween) I was gone for two days and missed.

I look forward to some day sending a monthly (or annual) subscription

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Can the Admin think about a 'Pre-donation' setup? Some people like myself are not online when the call goes out, yet we still want to help!.

The only downside I guess to a 'Pre-donation' idea is it too close to a sub system which I assume they cannot do right now.

I tried several times, kept getting "Transaction Failed."

Not sure what's wrong, but between a Nemesis Plot and Paypal, my money's on Paypal.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

38 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

I tried several times, kept getting "Transaction Failed."

Not sure what's wrong, but between a Nemesis Plot and Paypal, my money's on Paypal.

It might have closed just prior to you attempting to contribute.  It took longer this month, than past months, mainly due to the large target we were trying to hit.  But, the determination of this community to be able to do so before sundown on the same day is nothing short of incredible!  This community has always been the best, and that tradition continues in the reborn version of the game. 🙂

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

• 4 weeks later
7 minutes ago, Sylvar said:

Okay. I am trying to donate, but see no way to do that. Help! I really want this to continue for a LOOOONNNNNGGGG time.

The donation window will open in the morning hours of November 30 (relative to your timezone).  During that window, you can contribute, and it stays open until they hit their goal for the month, which varies in size from month to month.  Once the goal is hit, the window closes, and the next opportunity will be the last Saturday of the next month. 🙂

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

• Widower unpinned and unfeatured this topic